• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well it's been a long time, shouldn't have left you

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

Ray and Gav are cool and Yoshiko is a nerd
    k so it's been a bloody long time since I've sprited anything, let alone made a thread here for it. Last showcase thread I made here was in... 2008. Wow.

Anyway, here's what I've been working on lately - overworld sprites for Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Rufflet and Braviary:

I made them for some jerk's fangame, The Fifth Pillar. They're pretty much all scratch, aside from Braviary, which used Pidgeot as a base. Any critique of them would be greatly appreciated. And to be perfectly clear, no one is allowed to use them besides Luke (the jerk).

Fighting type Eeveelution designed by Yoshiko

Amazing Raichu, another piece of work based upon another drawing by Yoshiko

My entry for the 2011 Holiday Hop pixel art contest. Yes, this is exactly what it looks like.

Trainer sprite for Pokémon Rose ROM hack.

Latias and Blaziken fusion based off old concept art.

older stuff for the sake of it

Now watch me not update this thread. Okay I lied.

Last edited:

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Ooooh....
    I like the overworlds. :cer_smile:
    That is not a failure!
    And Luke is a jerk, correct! :cer_boogie:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Love the Braviary and Vullaby ow they are really really amazing!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Amachi, you're back. :D Ah, I remember when you were a moderator of this section... anyway, moving on. The overworld sprites are amazing, specifically Vullaby's. I'm not too sure on Mandibuzz's overworld sprites when they are facing to the left and right though. They just seem really wierd and quite unnatural, but then again, they're vultures and they are going to be bent. Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but none-the-less, amazing sprites and welcome back. :)

Also, I can actually remember your last thread and now I feel old. Bleh. XP

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Ooooh....
    I like the overworlds. :cer_smile:
    That is not a failure!
    And Luke is a jerk, correct! :cer_boogie:
    Love the Braviary and Vullaby ow they are really really amazing!
    Thank you guys :)

Amachi, you're back. :D Ah, I remember when you were a moderator of this section... anyway, moving on. The overworld sprites are amazing, specifically Vullaby's. I'm not too sure on Mandibuzz's overworld sprites when they are facing to the left and right though. They just seem really wierd and quite unnatural, but then again, they're vultures and they are going to be bent. Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but none-the-less, amazing sprites and welcome back. :)

Also, I can actually remember your last thread and now I feel old. Bleh. XP
    hahaha oh wow. What a long time ago.

Yeah, I went for the hunch deliberately. Please nit-pick further if you can. And thank you!

Anyway, got a new sprite to show.

It's a fighting type Eeveelution designed by Yoshikkko (the artwork). Any comments on it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I think that the sprite should be horizontal because it looks really odd vertical

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013

Hahaha, I remember this from last year's NYPixel event! Roll the ham!

As you already know, the overworlds are great, and I really liked how the lava lamp is so simple yet so entertaining. Also props for spriting Prof. Ivy's ow as well, both very good gifs.

It's a very nice PO, though something about its left ear (from our side) seems a little off... perhaps you started the internal part a bit too far into the head? Anyway, good job!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I think that the sprite should be horizontal because it looks really odd vertical
    mmm, it's not really in the correct pose for a Pokemon sprite, but that's how the art was, so I just copied that.

Hahaha, I remember this from last year's NYPixel event! Roll the ham!

As you already know, the overworlds are great, and I really liked how the lava lamp is so simple yet so entertaining. Also props for spriting Prof. Ivy's ow as well, both very good gifs.

It's a very nice PO, though something about its left ear (from our side) seems a little off... perhaps you started the internal part a bit too far into the head? Anyway, good job!
    Thanks mate, I had quite a bit of fun with those animations.

hmm, you're right about that I think. I should go back and rectify it.

Anyway, another piece of work based upon another drawing by Yoshiko

I really did not like working on the cape.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Bumping with my entry for the Holiday Hop pixel art contest. I probably could have made it prettier or more detailed and intricate, but I wanted to keep it simple since I was animating it anyway.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The conveyor belt part of the animation is moving a tad too quick, imo. Apart from that, I love it! :D The Delibird part of the animation is done very well, and I like the concept and palette. Also, the eeveelution is great. :D Also, the Raichu's face looks a bit squished... maybe you could try moving the eyes further apart a tad? Anyway, apart from that, I like it. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Pretty good stuff. Love the OWs. I hope to see you do well in the pixel art contest with your delibird...... motion picture....
    I love your sprites man ;)
    The OW's are so cools!
    I want to see more things ^^
    Thank you very much :)
    The conveyor belt part of the animation is moving a tad too quick, imo. Apart from that, I love it! :D The Delibird part of the animation is done very well, and I like the concept and palette. Also, the eeveelution is great. :D Also, the Raichu's face looks a bit squished... maybe you could try moving the eyes further apart a tad? Anyway, apart from that, I like it. :)
    Yeah I thought so too. Thank you very much though! Hmm, perhaps I'll play around with it later I always say that lol

Anyway, some stuff I've been working on here and there, so I figure I might as well update the thread with it.

This is a trainer sprite I made for a user's ROM hack, Pokemon Rose. Check it out if you're bored.

Latias and Blaziken fusion based off some old concept art (below) Apparently they were supposed to be one Pokemon originally. I saw the image and thought it'd be cool to sprite, so yeah. I'm not sure if it's finished though.

Crikey that head is small now that I look at it properly.

Back