• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wellington man's mail 5 years late

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
A Wellington resident has received a surprise in the mail - letters that should have been delivered to him five years ago.

They also came with a letter of apology from New Zealand Post, which said it was re-delivering nearly 400 pieces of mail after a mailbag was discovered at a house in Johnsonville.
When David Wray's mail arrived yesterday he wasn't expecting this.

"A bank statement and a credit card statement and they dated back to 2008," he says.
With them was a letter of apology from NZ Post which said: "I regret to inform you that the attached mail was found in a small bag of mail which was recently recovered by New Zealand Post."

A bag containing nearly 380 pieces of mail was recovered when new tenants moved into a house in Johnsonville. The mail was tracked to a postie who'd been prosecuted and sacked more than four years ago. "I'm just glad NZ Post fronted," Mr Wray says.

On average, posties deliver mail to up to 1000 addresses each day. In a statement NZ Post said: "There are security measures in place throughout our network, however we also rely on the integrity of our people - by far the majority of our posties meet these high standards every day."

One of those who failed to do so was Philippa Lindsay, who appeared in court late last year over 17,000 stolen letters and parcels destined mostly for Fernhill residents. Police say she kept them in her home and a storage shed in Arrowtown. Ms Lindsay's due to be sentenced on Monday.
3News

Back