• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Were is Crys?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Yes, according to that site. Gold will stay as Gold, as will Silver, because those are the original player/rival in those games. Just like how Red stayed as Red and Green stayed as Green.

And by the way, it seems you don't know how to use quotes. I'll fill you in. ;) Just use [quote*][/*quote] around text you'd like to quote, without the asterisks (*).

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    And by the way, it seems you don't know how to use quotes. I'll fill you in. ;) Just use [quote*][/*quote] around text you'd like to quote, without the asterisks (*).
    Heh, thanks for telling me. I knew I was supposed to use the quote button but I wasn't sure how to use to for people who had posted several posts before me. Thanks. ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I looked on the official Japanese site and it did not mentioned anything about a name her name. Even if you look under her bulbapedia page title 'Soul (game)' it said that her name is currently unknown although theory is posted after it.

@ Mika555: I thought this new girl's name hadn't been decided yet, and Soul was a fanmade name for her. When I first saw the scans, my first thought was, "Oh, so this girl is Heart?" I think it makes more sense to call the boy Soul. Just IMO.
    I do not think her name it is Heart either and I do not think the boy's canon name would be Soul even though the name 'Soul' for him was shown in a screenshot. I explain in the spoilers below why.
    Spoiler:

I have already explained this to you. It has already been confirmed by the official Japanese Pokemon website that her name is Soul.
    At first I thought that the HGSS girl name would most likely either be Heart or Soul, and that Gold would most likely keep his original name until it was learned that the opposite gender character will co-exist with the main character in HGSS and remembered the default names and the patterns they followed in the games play a role in determining what the character actual name will be in a game. I am allowed to have disagreements opposing views as and question theories especially if I gives reasons on why I think that a naming theory based off a past game could be flawed. You do not have to agree with me if you do not want to though.

And yes, she looks like Mario. Heck, even her HAT looks like that giant plumber's hat he wears, only white with a ribbon instead of red with a symbol. I can imagine Crystal in those clothes, though, strange as that sounds. XD
    Yes the HGSS girl looks like a plumber I think that her warobe was influence by Mario. I think that though makes things more interesting. It does not surprise me though since the former director and creator of Pokemon Satoshi Tajiri use to be close friends with the Shigeru Miyamoto the person who created the character Mario.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ehh, her outfit reminds me of Mario. That hat is so ****ing huge, I was like WTF WOULDN'T IT BE FALLING OFF EVERY TIME SHE WALKS?

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    I went back to reread the GSC arc for the first time in a while (even though I've already read it often enough), and I was reminded of how Crys' mom dresses...Yeah, the idea that she gets the clothes from her is beginning to seem likely to me.XD

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    Or maybe the new girl will be like...her sister or something. ^^;
    That actually sounds most likely to me. Kris does afterall have an eccentric family. :P

I definitely don't think Kris will be replaced in the manga, nor do I think she will change her costume or hairstyle to match Soul's. Soul will either be a new character or not in it at all. Besides, unlike Leaf, who already looked quite similar to Green hairstyle wise, Soul looks almost nothing like Kris other than the pigtails.

So I'm beginning to think that a family member of Kris' is actually a really good idea. I hope they do it!

Back