• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Were there already Swarm pokemon in gen.1....

Years
  • Or is this just bad luck:
    I went into the Safari zone like 10 times and no Kangaskhan, and then there are suddenly 3 in a row, in the same patch of grass i had been looking for it all the time. Then, again, nothing for ages. And then, later within 4 Pokemon, 2 Kangaskhan. That just can't be true...
    Same thing goes for Chansey, but not that extreme, in another area i met 2 Chanseys in a row, and then, again, only Exeggcute and Nidorans, for ages...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • You should know pokemon encounters go on the roll of dice. There is a certain percentage chance it will appear. So yeah, bad luck.

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
    Years
  • i think the mechanics were too simple in Gen 1 to have this be anything other than chance.

it's an interesting trip, though, isn't it? there are so many players that a scenario like this is almost guaranteed to happen to SOMEbody, but when you're that somebody it feels like there must be something else afoot.

Years
  • Of course i know there were no swarms back than yet, but that was extremlely swarm-like behavoir of the Kangaskhans, so i honestly began to doubt that they have a 4% chance to appear and began thinking they're swarm Pokemons instead, since i even met a lot more Pinsirs (according to Bulbapedia they only have a 1% chance i that area) than Kangaskhans....
    But later, it became more balanced, and i saw maybe 1 or 2 Kangaskhans each time, and some more time later, i finally caught one =)

Back