• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What’s your current team?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • If there is already a thread like this, I apologise, feel free to merge this one. Anyway, the point of this thread is to post your current team in whatever gen8 playthrough you guys are doing!

For me in my Shield nuzlocke I'm currently right at the city of the 2nd gym, most likely will grind up the weaker members of my team. So here is my team!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Nice, seems like a reasonable and well balanced team! Be careful of that ice gym, there are multiple Water / Ice pokemon (Cloyster and Lapras) which will trip you up and kill your starter if you don't have plans specifically for them. Since the only pokemon which have super effective moves against them which are not totally dunked on in turn are electric and fighting pokemon, that Toxel is going to need to put in some work. Just as a heads up.

I don't really have a team per se any more, as I'm in postgame and I assemble pokemon based on the specific activity I'm doing. Most of the time my team is a Coalossal, my Eternatus, and 4 eggs. For the Champions Cup, my team was 6 Garbodor, as I took it as a personal challenge to beat them with a team comprised of nothing but pokemon which were literally trash. The fact that my 6 Garbodor team now comes up on launch to commemorate that and to prove I did it makes me very happy. For the battle tower, I'm playing around with the following:

Silvally (Electric Memory) - Lead, w/ Rain Dance, Parting Shot, Explosion, and Multi Attack

Dracovish (Choice Scarf) - Comes out once Rain is established (ideally), has Fishious Rend and 3 moves that will never see use unless his item is removed: Dragon Rush, Crunch, and Ice Fang

Eternatus (Choice Specs) - For when Special Attack is needed, or Dracovish is unsafe to deploy, has Flamethrower, Dynamax Cannon, Sludge Wave, and Shadow Ball

Just finished assembling a battle worthy team w/ them yesterday, not much practical experience yet but so far so good.

Back