• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So after doing a batch of Slowpoke and Wonder Trading a bunch of them with King's Rocks, I looked at my National Dex and noticed I had seen a Raichu, but had yet to evolve it myself. I decided that my 0IV specimen, while Ribboned for a good footprint, wasn't good enough. I handed it a Light Ball and introduced it to Ditto; they started breeding and got three dozen out, two at 4IV but none at 5IV.

I extracted the Pikachu and started leveling one baby to Lv.23, and it evolved. I gave it a Light Ball and bred it a while, then took it out for another move-learning level (Lv.26). It later went back in the daycare and stayed there until Lv.31, likely learning Thunderbolt as it bred. I decided it was time to take one of my many new 5IVs and start using it, and extracted the second Pikachu after receiving my 24th Egg.

I hatched the final Eggs and flew to Kiloude. I got them rated. First, a 5IV. Second, a 3IV.

The last Egg was a Sassy 6IV ♂ Pichu.

As soon as I get that baby cloned, I'm evolving it to a Raichu. No question, that's the one.

Years
  • Currently i'm breeding the Human-Like egg group, now at Magmar.. I'm workin my way down the pokedex but since i figured this one seemed like the smallest i'd start with it. I'm eventually going to breed the entire National Pokedex..

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My latest Egg project was a batch of Sneasel. It was tricky as I was replying to this request, but I realized I had a good start with a 5IV Fake Out Meowth already leveled up, so I decided to take this on.

Sure enough, the first step was no problem. Got a few specimens, Wonder Traded the rejects, and bred the winner with an imported 1IV Cubchoo. I later realized this was a mistake as I got many Eggs with 1-4IVs, and should have just got a high-IV Cubchoo in the first place, but I decided I could deal with this because of how Egg Moves pass down in this generation.

So, I had my Sneasel with Fake Out and Icicle Crash. I'd already pointed out to the requester that Ice Shard is learned by Sneasel and thus not necessary, but since I needed to level it quite a bit to prevent move overwriting at the daycare, I knew it was the last move to learn; thus, I did that and also added another Sneasel exclusive, Beat Up (not learned by Weavile).

Eventually, I had two high-IV Sneasel in the daycare. I had covered all the IVs possible and had put it on "machine mode". 27 Eggs later, I noticed none had a 31 in Speed. I investigated at Kiloude; turns out I had mislabeled the male as having a Speed IV of 31. Oops.

I eventually put another in the daycare with Speed and bred a lot of Sneasel from these two. I even got two perfect 6IV from them.

Then I noticed they were missing Icicle Crash. I had pulled my Icicle Crash user out and the two in there did not know it. The female had been replaced, and she knew the move.

Feeling "crashed" myself, I leveled up yet another one (this one a male) that knew the move from an earlier batch. I triple-checked the IVs; Defense and Speed were the deficiencies, but five 31s was possible.

I think I did three boxes or more of Eggs and pulled the five that were in the 31/31/31/xx/31/31 configuration. The selection is made by the trader, and we just have to trade now (after I choose something in the thread LOL).

I am going to take on a Spritzee request next. I hope it's not as much of an adventure.

Last edited:

Defective

defectiveShrink
    Years
  • The only things with good IVs I can breed are Riolu and Eevee.

The Riolu have about 4-5 good ones with the egg moves of Vacuum Wave, Hi-Jump Kick, Crunch, and Bullet Punch. Other can be bred with 5 guaranteed IVs but no special moves.

The Eevee can only be bred with 5 perfect IVs. No egg moves or anything.

I'm thinking about starting to breed Pachirisu since I got one from Wonder Trade.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • My previous breeding project was HP Fire Abra in Dream Balls...tonight I think I'll do Duskull in Dream Balls as well. Dream Ball matches the shiny nicely.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I'm currently breeding for a Jolly Heracross, Guts, and with Pursuit as EM. After this one, will try to get a male Ralts, Jolly, Telepathy with Shadow Sneak. Then, a female Ralts, much to do XD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    @ CycloneGU. may have asked you this, but do you breed for rare balls as well?
    I usually do not. I breed for IVs, and in fact one breeding project ended up in Great Balls. Actually, believe it or not, I usually try to get Poké Balls, so I don't care either way.

Though it's cool to get a WT specimen with a Gen. IV ball.

Years
  • I usually do not. I breed for IVs, and in fact one breeding project ended up in Great Balls. Actually, believe it or not, I usually try to get Poké Balls, so I don't care either way.

Though it's cool to get a WT specimen with a Gen. IV ball.
    I have recently found my self entranced by rare balls. I used to only prefer pokeballs and premier balls. This lotad rally kicked off the ball fascination.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I have recently found my self entranced by rare balls. I used to only prefer pokeballs and premier balls. This lotad rally kicked off the ball fascination.
    I think the fascination comes from it being an Apricorn-made ball, and you can't get them outside of Johto (do any appear in Kanto in HG-SS, I don't remember). Therefore, being able to ship a female in a rare ball from there up through to Kalos gives you some good breeding stock just for Ball sharing. I might try this. A female Clefable in a Moon Ball with 5IVs or even 6IVs is something special.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My latest breeding project is going somewhat well so far. The eventual goal seems like it would apply completely on luck, but nonetheless I will set up the two steps necessary to give myself an outside chance at reaching that goal.

The goal? A baby Spritzee. But not just any baby Spritzee; if it was, I'd be done already.

1. The baby must have a Relaxed nature. That was easy enough. Captured 10 Swirlix (I'll explain this further along). Found one. Discarded the rest.
    2. The Spritzee must have Aroma Veil, its hidden ability. I have the Safari, so taking females to improve my breeding chances while getting "Wish" with it is still easy. Took seven attempts to get two of them at the end. There, an Aroma Veil Spritzee bred with Swirlix from Step 1 holding an Everstone. Easy, right?
    3. The Spritzee must know "Wish" from Swirlix, Slurpuff, or Togetic. No problem, level the thing to Lv.45 and breed it then. The Egg Move is easy enough to add to this.
    4. It must have 6IVs. Wait a second. Is this a wishlist or a request?

So, needless to say, the rest is easy and mostly done (except for the Egg Move, not done yet because of IV breeding purposes; I only want to train a 5IV male that long right now). The 6IV stipulation forces a LOT of editing into the plan. Got my 2IV Safari Spritzee, bred a dozen, selected the 3IV female, bred another dozen, and luckily skipped the 4IV step by breeding directly into a 5IV 31/31/xx/31/31/31. Bingo. Time to randomly breed my Relaxed Swirlix to get a 4IV one (any will do), then rebreed that one with the Everstone for the 5IV one. Get both mates to Lv.45 or well beyond, then breed those things like crazy. I am ready to bow out at a 5IV baby with the best five IVs in place.

It's a good thing I have no life.

Years
  • I'm about ready to turn on my heart gold and look for a female gastly after out what apricorn makes the heavy ball. I'm about ready to put lotad on hold.

Good luck on that spritzee.

Years
  • I'm breeding Relaxed bulbasuar now.. Was thinking i'd go for its highest stat, put 252 evs into it and sp. defense.. make it bulky but i'm not sure if that'd be good or not..

The-Veteran

The-Veteran
    Years
  • Hello, I'm currently breeding 5-6 iv mudkips with hidden ability damp and egg moves ancient power, avalanche, curse, and mirror coat

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Why damp? Seems like a bad ability for Swampert
    It really prevents use of self-destruction moves, making it even more useless for something that actually learns the move. However:

Damp prevents the Ability Aftermath from doing damage when its user faints. Damp affects non-adjacent Pokémon in Triple Battles.
    So Drifloon can have Aftermath on Route 8. So can Skuntank elsewhere. And, in online battles, you might find Voltorb/Electrode/Trubbish/Garbodor with it as hidden abilities. If any of these Pokémon faint, it has no effect on Mudkip and its evolutions. In other words, it can be useful if trying to Poké Radar a Shiny Drifloom.

Back