• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
  • Damp is useful in doubles, because explosion gets a pretty fair amount of use by a number of things. It'd be cool to switch it in when you know someone's gonna use it and blow their move heheh.

Myself right now, I'm breeding minun. Which is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. I have the nature, not going for any egg moves, and the mother has 5 IV's and the father 6. But it keeps giving me 4 iv kids, and the occasional 5 iv - but missing a crucial stat.

Years
  • It really prevents use of self-destruction moves, making it even more useless for something that actually learns the move. However:

So Drifloon can have Aftermath on Route 8. So can Skuntank elsewhere. And, in online battles, you might find Voltorb/Electrode/Trubbish/Garbodor with it as hidden abilities. If any of these Pokémon faint, it has no effect on Mudkip and its evolutions. In other words, it can be useful if trying to Poké Radar a Shiny Drifloom.

I didn't know about it's secondary usefulness.. I LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY! lol

Years
  • After going back to Johto to get some apricorn pokemon, i think i am officially giving up on lotad for now. Now I'm going o work on breeding a shiny Gastly. I have a heavy ball female and a Timid male with an everstone in the day care now. Then I will use a misdreavus to give it some egg moves. Then i will use my 6iv ditto as the other parent after that. I hope I have better luck with this one.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The Spritzee mission was a success (5IV though). Saw a random request for a Heracross and remember it from my Safari. Received a Pelipper while Wonder Trading my rejects. The latter is also in the request.

Now I just need a Lanturn from the water if I don't have one in my Bank already. Then I have the whole thing covered.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    While breeding Wingull, I happened to look at the move lists for Wingull and Pelipper. There are a lot of differences after the evolution at Lv.25; Roost is shared, but after that, it's completely different. Wingull also has a large quantity of available Egg Moves, making it a good breeding candidate as well. I may experiment with some breeding now that I have a quintet of 5IV Wingull in my possession.

This will be later. For now, I want 5IV Moxie Heracross.

EDIT: Got the Heracross on the first try, on two out of fourteen Eggs. Put a randomly caught Chinchou (found on the first try at Shalour City!) into the Daycare. The seventh Egg had 4IVs with the help of the Ditto. Rebreeding that one and will eventually have a few 5IVs, and a Lanturn for my Pokédex. A pretty good one, too!

Last edited:

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • I've been breeding multiples of various Pokemon to build a living 'dex, but I'm thinking I may start breeding some 5IV Eevee's after trading for a HA one yesterday.

Years
  • Well I finally bred a suitable female gastly. 5 iv timid with perish song, grudge, hypnosis, and lick in a heavy ball holding the everstone. The judge says that the attack is terrible! That's really awesome. I'm hoping for the same in my shiny:)

She's mating quite well with my 6iv japanese ditto holding the destiny knot.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I didn't update!

I bred five new babies for a Get-Together challenge. I completely decimated the challenge in roughly 34 hours or so (the sixth came from the Friend Safari).

And they now serve as possible parents since all have at least one 31 IV. Hopefully 2-3.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Just finished my Fennekin and Goomy (3/4 EMs being transfer requirements from other Pokemon).

Currently breeding a Mareep that knows Agility, Eerie Impulse, Iron Tail and Flatter :)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Finished 5IV4EM HA (Dream Ball) Mareep parent, as well as a 5IV4EM HA (Dive Ball) Froakie parent; both female, of course.

Now I'll be finishing off a 5IV4EM HA (Dream Ball) Lileep, before working on these three:

Shinx
    Intimidate
    (Moon Ball)
    Eerie Impulse
    Fire Fang
    Ice Fang
    Quick Attack

Shinx
    Intimidate
    (Fast Ball)
    Quick Attack
    Night Slash
    Swift
    Howl

Shinx
    Guts
    (Dream Ball)
    Double Kick
    Quick Attack
    Take Down
    Ice Fang

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Currently trying to get an Impish Gligar with specific IVs. So far, I have everything around it including a 6IV (which is not going anywhere), but I just realized I'm trying to get a NEW Impish Surskit; I should just use a male Impish Gligar. Duuuh...

Currently trying to steal Deagon Scales from various Horsea. Using Compound Eyes, and 21 uses of Thief so far. Still only got two. Using one on a good candidate. Clauncher will not go away and I get five between Horsea.

EDIT: Just got the third. One Thief left. Don't expect a fourth.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Currently trying to get an Impish Gligar with specific IVs. So far, I have everything around it including a 6IV (which is not going anywhere), but I just realized I'm trying to get a NEW Impish Surskit; I should just use a male Impish Gligar. Duuuh...

Currently trying to steal Deagon Scales from various Horsea. Using Compound Eyes, and 21 uses of Thief so far. Still only got two. Using one on a good candidate. Clauncher will not go away and I get five between Horsea.

EDIT: Just got the third. One Thief left. Don't expect a fourth.

EDIT: Nevermind, my lack of sleep read Heart scale, not Dragon scale -.-

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • I said that it'd be easier to get heart scales off Luvdisc on route 8. Then I re-read your post :P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I said that it'd be easier to get heart scales off Luvdisc on route 8. Then I re-read your post :P
    Haha, I may do that too. But I'm not going to capture and trade every single Luvdisc. I have more...Thiefing methods. :)

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Currently breeding for a shiny Meditite knowing Fake out, Bullet Punch, Psycho-Cut, and Drain Punch. First round, female Meditite and male Italian Chimchar, 600 eggs, no luck; second round, with French Ditto, 30 eggs so far, no shiny. I'm going to stay here until that red Meditite appears : D

KatTayle

Cat Pokemon lover
    Years
  • I still need to breed a starly, gligar, and staryu with good IVs for competitive. After those, I'll try matsuda methoding something for the fun of it. Maybe a gastly or something

Back