• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen what are you starting with????

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2004
    I'm starting with bulbasaur just so i can get entie. i know my favorite pokemon is charizard, my sis (when she beats the game) is going to trade me her charizard so i can get a charmander egg. :disappoin who, that was one of the biggest posts ive ever written. :laugh:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'll start with Bulbasaur, simply because it grows to be an all round Pokemon, and can defeat Brock and Misty with ease, and fares pretty well with the other gym leaders apart from Sabrina and Blaine. Since I have all of the dogs on Colosseum, the starter doesn't really matter to me which legendary I get. I'll get the other two in the complimentary game (I haven't decided to have my main game in FR or LG yet), but that'll be once I've beaten the Elite 4 in my first game.

"A Vote for Justice is a Vote for MCD"

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    i think im starting with squirtle but id rather have suicune>then raikou

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    i think ill choose bulbasaur also..hes an ok pokemon..but its only for entei

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
    Charmander for me. I know, its a pretty hard starter in LG/FR because first gym is Brock and second Misty, but I just really like this little pokemon, I like fire type and Charizard is really great^^ I have never liked Bulbasaur or Squirtle so much =/ Also, if Charmander evolves, Brock won`t be so bad ^.~

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I'm gonna start with Squirtle 'cuz yeah turtle power lol

I dunno...it's just sad it's not on the games cover anymore

hey maybe they'll make like an Ocean Blue or something that'd be neat

anyway yeah Squirtle 'cuz for Fire pokemon in my teams at least

prefer Arcanine and for grass I'll go with Vileplume or well I dunno

I always started my other versions with charmander 'cuz he and pikachu

rock together

runeknightx

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    im gonna choose charmander (charizard is my favorite last form of the starters) and now he learns metal claw (i think) and can easily beat brock and for misty i can catch a pikachu and use it so it wont be so bad

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Im going with Bulba... There arent any really good Grass Pkmn other than Victrebell and Venusaur at Fr/Lg O__O

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Charmander! Charizard is my fav pokemon! (people who saw my old sig and avatar would know) I would also get a sqirtle in a trade.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    I going w/ Lil Squirt lol because he cute and I like water,
    Pikachu,
    then Spearow to trade for Farfetch'd,
    Geodude,
    Oddish,
    Last Growlith.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2004
    charmander all the way, squirtle is allright, but theres not much of a need for a strong water type since you can easilly replace him with a gyrados yay yaayyyy!. pikachu is great against misty and manky is great against brock, when i played with bulbasaur i didnt even use venu against the elite 4, charizard all the way dawg

btw could you put in a poll?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I'll just close my eyes and pick something random. The moment I can reach a real PC and Pokemon Center, this game is going to have codes shoved in it.

Back