• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are your thoughts on Mt. Coronet?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    were you annoyed by the snow? or did you love the snow? high zubat encounter got on your nerves? or the fear of running into bronzong?

the thing I liked about mt coronet is that the calm snow towards the top and the epic music
    but the thing that got on my nerves is the blizzard in the middle, and the fact that you cant ride your bike through the snow

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
    Everything about Mt Coronet got on ma nerves exept the snow design cuz *whispers* I like snowww..... but Its so freakin slow I'm like asleep half way there. :t109:

Ayselipera

I love the snow it makes for a very nice touch. However everything else about it I don't like. I just hate the name, and the layout. Mt. Coronet and Rock Tunnel are probably my most hated mountain areas now that I'm thinking about it.

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Overall, I enjoyed Mt. Coronet, but the blizzard kept me from seeing rock climb wall, so I didn't know where to go...

Years
    It's annoying that it goes on forever, requires many HMs and snows. However look-wise it's a nice touch and a crucial part of the plot so I'd keep it the way it is if I had the chance to change it.

Years
    I like it. Big dungeon areas are a feature I quite enjoy.
    The puzzle solving involved in getting through such an area as
    a complex cave is a great thing. Up until Strength rock and breakaway floors.

Except for the Whirl Islands of Johto and breakaway floor of Sky Pillar...

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Zubats and Bronzongs are nothing compared to the Wobbuffet in Cerulean Cave. Period.

What I like about it?

The fact that it is the way to two legendaries I like. (Palkia and Giratina)

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The snow looks pretty, but you have to use way too many HM moves to get through there. Rock Climb and Defog are the worst offenders. It takes a while to get through it, but I just use that time to level grind, so it doesn't bother me too much. Just the "Oh, man! I have to use Rock Climb AGAIN?!?"

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    It had some of my favorite music in the entire game. Not to mention, after playing it in Diamond, I knew the layout pretty well in Platinum, which made it easy.

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
    Mt. Coronet was okay, I liked the snow, but not the pokemon that lived in Mt. Coronet. I just wished that those pokemon weren't there because it made it a hell of a lot harder to get to Cyrus/Distortion world. The high count of Galactic Grunts (when I had to face them) made it even more problematic. When I think about it carefully Ice Path in G/S/C was much more antagonizing. Why do they have to put mountains in every single one? Anyway, I really liked the Spear Pillar because it offered uniqueness in a boring landscape (Rocks one level, rocks another level, rocks a third level, snow a fourth level, rock a fifth level, so on).

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I hated it the first and yes mainly because of zubasta......ummm zubat. I liked it the second time though because of all the items I found by searching everything, pressing a in front of every rock and stuff.

But I don't look forward to going through there a third time to get Dialga and Palkia.

Years
    Mt. Coronet is kinda huge, so it takes eternally to finish. Worst thing it that always when i have hardly anything alive left (especially if the last thing is slow) and have to walk all the way down, Golbat (usually 10%) seems to spawn a lot more than elsewise.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I liked mt coronet especially in platinum because the new pokemon they put in there made it more interesting especially near the top where it snows, because you can catch absols there which are one of my fave dark type pokemon.

Back