• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what attracted you to pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    On a trip to Japan ( My Dad travels a lot )

I saw a Pokemon Manga, ( About when they first came out )...

When I bought it, I looked at the pictures and have my dad read me what it said...

Much Later I bought Red, and then...Well...I was hooked for life

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Well, I cant truly remember what it was that got me into it... but I think I was like 3, and the anime had just came out in england... so I watched the anime and I liked it... then I found out about the games (I never have had Red/Blue/Yellow, although I borrowed yellow from my mate and then gave it back) and got Silver, played it, I was instantly hooked (I was about 5 then) and then Crystal came out, got that, loved it... then there was ruby, I got that, and loved it... then it all changed, I was being bullied at school, and I couldn't think straight, so I gave up on pokemon (I was bullied for eight years) I was really board one day, then I found my GBA with ruby in it... I played, got hooked again.. this time.. no turnign back, then Emerald and FR/LG came out... I got all three and then I got a DS for my birthday... and I have been playing it ever since...

Long story I know...
    But it is all true, I thank Ruby for getting me back into pokemon
    I thank T.V for getting into pokemon at the very beging...

Good times...

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
    1.Pikachu, it was sooo cute when i first saw it!
    2.So many cool pokemons (steel)
    3.My friend told me that pokemon is cool
    4.So many websites about pokemon(including this one)​

oreobytes

super de duper!
    Years
    Well before pokemon came out i already had been playing nintendo games with my big sister, my friends at school got into pokemon and one of my friends, he showed it to me after school (like the first episode or something) and i was like "OMG MONSTERS <3"
    i've always liked animals, monsters, etc so i easily became attracted to the show...i just like all the monsters with powers and whatnot so i grew to liking it and when my mom got me a pikachu gameboy with yellow edition i got HOOKED on pokemon from then on hahaha
    i dont think i'll ever lose my like for the series =))

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    I straight a way liked Pokemon after i watched Pokemon 3.But then i watched Pokemon 2000 and i loved it.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    I started watching the Pokemon anime at a young age, and I continued to watch it and buy Pokemon games and eventually got addicted.

oreobytes

super de duper!
    Years
    it surprises me that a lot of you guys got into it at like 3 or 4 years old!
    wow, when it came out in the USA i was around 7-8 years old...idk maybe i'm just really old hahaha

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
    I saw an advertisment for Pokemon on the back of a magazine. It was a group picture of several Pokemon with a giant net coming down and it said "Gotta catch 'em all"
    I remember really liking "the little dragon with the fire on its tail"
    Then I found out that there was a game and a TV show. So I got Red and began to watch the show whenever I could.
    Now I'm 21 and am still addicted to Pokemon. :)

Years
    For some reason I was a bit slow on the uptake when it came to Pokemon. I remember getting a poster of all 150 Pokemon in some games magazine and not having a clue what it was about. Then all of a sudden I saw it on TV (the first ever ever ever episode to be shown on UK tv) and got the poster out and started ticking off each Pokemon I saw in the show. The poster had tick boxes underneath each sprite which you would tick when you saw that Pokemon on TV. Simple concept but it kept me watching it. I remember ticking off Pikachu and Spearow from the first episode, and getting really frustrated when I saw Ho-oh on the show but couldn't find it on my poster lmao.

I then bought my first set of Pokemon cards, and it was basically me who introduced it to my school, as once I showed them my Zapdos card (I was so happy) they all went out and bought them too. I remember getting a shiny Alakazam card, and I was smiling for weeks. Wow, those were the days.

My nephew (only 2 years younger than me, more like a brother to me) then came over one day with a copy of Pokemon Yellow and a gameboy, and I just fell in love with it. I bought a gameboy colour and Yellow myself, and the rest is history!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My friend had some Pokemon Cards and gave 1 to me. Later I noticed that there was a Pokemon game, so I bought it, and eventually got hooked. I was letsee... 4 or 5?

Years
    I was either five or six, entering the second grade, and at a summer day camp. Oh, how I remember oh-so-vividly the day...My friends all had Game boy Color systems, and either Pokemon Red or Blue. And yes, I was a Pokemon Watcher; just sitting there hovered above their screen, breathing on them, even! One day I was at Sam's Club and they had a bundle pack--a GBC, Car Charger, and a copy of Pokemon Red Version. It was my first game, and even though I was all "noob-y" and was stuck in Red's house for like, fifteen minutes, Red Version holds sweet memories.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back