• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What changes to the type chart would you like to see?

Out of these, what would you like the most?

• A new type is introduced to balance certain things out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Ice types deserve more resistances IMO. Given that it's just... hard water, I feel as though it should have a few extra defences to replicate that. A resistance to water (minus scald, which I think should be super effective), grass, that sort of thing. I fail to see how a bug could hurt ice.

As for my other (and this has been a gripe of mine since XY forced me to think about it), I think dragons shouldn't be weak to fairies at all — or, if they are, to also add the weakness to steel. How many tales are there of knights slaying dragons? More than enough to justify dragons being weak to steel, I think. I always wished that fairies (while maybe still immune to dragons) weren't super effective against them, but steel moves were. It's a good way to give dragons more weaknesses while also making sense.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Ice type should get more resistance as its second to grass-type for most weakness and grass duo-typing with poison/water reduces the weakness factor a little and ice duo typing still cause more flaws.

Electric type is yet another of those type that only have 1 weakness (if did not have for dual-typing) and only weakness to ground, they should add more like on how dragon-type was less weakness/strong type before gen 6 so it makes them with levitate or air ballooned to come home and crying.

Back