• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What constitutes an "unhealthy" Pokemon?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Actually Shaymin-S got a 100% pro ban last gen iirc and something else did iirc but i cant remember. Also HG/SS OU and HG/SS UU were pretty much close to perfect and balanced in most peoples eyes and alot of people agreed with this. :P

Right, that is a definite 100% for a ban on Shaymin-S in fifth gen, within the Smogon community and by singles format rules - correct? But, keeping perspective here, and maintaining the crux of my statement above - from what I remember of last gen, that still isn't a universally unanimous thing. Doubles as a format was on the rise then still where I don't think it garnered a ban (correct if wrong please), and if I remember correctly - Smogon's ban process wasn't so radically different then, and thus didn't poll the ENTIRETY of the community, just those who were permitted to make the call. And even then, that's just within their community. It may sound like I'm reaching towards the position of just saying 'Shaymin-S did have proponents to not being banned", but the core of what I was saying in that first post wasn't about just a 100% vote. It was about being able to apply a blanket statement being used to singularly diagnose the entire meta for all people regardless of their perspectives. Which, I maintain would in any case be inappropriate. People are going to disagree; which is what I'm saying.

Well i mean this is always going to be a factor. I mean in DP Wobbuffet was like fourty something in usage when it was re-banned again lol. Its kind of the same with Gothitelle, everyone basically agrees that its broken and unhealthy, adds nothing to ou and takes skill out of the game (and is literally admitting you are shit at wallbreaking) but somehow it seems to still be ou. :\

Right, I wasn't saying something needs to be on top to be 'unhealthy or broken', I'm saying it's inaccurate to grade viability or 'broken/unhealthy'-ness by usage. Or at least, what some might consider 'unhealthy' due to their experience with and perception of what the meta should be - others may disagree on, and in fact point to something like Lando T (high usage not broken) as being 'unhealthy' due to its high usage over something less used that functions differently. Some things are just plain easier to use than others, and some aren't. A broken gameplay mechanic may or may not be used by players, and thus be completely independent in its toxicity of usage statistics. ie pointless hypothetical - say Darmanitan got V-Create. Or, they DIDN"T take Shadow Tag off Chandelure between gen 5 and 6. Wtf why - it would be dumb. But, dumb as it were, you know just as you don't use a Shadow Tag Gothitelle even though it's legal in swagon right now, there would be people who didn't use those. I think we're actually on the same page here lol

I replied in bold

my eyes sting

It's 6 am here

My cat is on my face

Back