• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What could WE do for you? (me & virty doing requests for fun)

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
  • UPDATE: I edited this topic some to include my friend virtualboy2558, because we're a team!
    merrypetvirvir.gif

We're requesting you to give us requests so we can get some motivation and make new content! =D

Current Projects and Requests we're looking into
    • Castor's request of Pokémon that only existed in the Anime, such as clones, Valencia island variants, and more. ^^
    • animated version of Slowper ;D
      slowper.gif
    • Super Smash Bros. 64's Pikachu and Jigglypuff as animated GIFs in various sizes. ^^
    • a massive project in which I wan to create a Pokémon sprite Pokédex for use in the forum and more as IMG tag. (may take some weeks)
    • animated version of Porygone
      Make it snappy!
      I'm losing bytes as we speak!

Sprite Edits
    Pokémon Sprites
    Both me and my buddy have a passion for editing sprites. ^^ While we both love editing sprites, I'm the one who does animations or edit the animated pictures, while he's quite talented creating from scratch and doing major edits! =D
    Just as a comparison:

Merry:
    roseliawither.gif
    rattabat.gif
    224classy.gif

Virty:
    veggideen.gif
    bounsweet.gif
    imareem.gif

We're very similar, except I think he's better! ^^

Will we do everything you request?
    M.E.R. doesn't stand for
    Makes Every Request
    and doing everything would
    be virtually impossible, boy!

You heard it! ^^ (Porygon altered to resemble Dummy from Undertale more. I call it "Porygone MAD!" XD)

Earthbound Sprites
    Virtualboy loves Earthbound a whole lot! =D (also the font Comic Sans, so don't judge me for using it here :P)
    I know a lot of you guys don't use Earthbound sprites, while some others don't know what that is (it's the game that features Ness from SSB) but I think it's a really nice and interesting game, and feel like my buddy does a great job on those sprites! =D
    mewtwo.gif
    ash.gif

Please comment on his Pokémon in Earthbound-style art and comment on his style or request for more sprites. ^^
    [COLOR="#c60"]https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=391795[/COLOR]

Drawings
    My friend Virty uses MS Paint a lot,
    and I really like his artwork and silly nature. =P

snorwax_bottle_by_virtualboy2558-d9loiv8.png

[S-HIGHLIGHT]"DISCLAIMER: Snorwax should not be an alternative use to daily cleaning. Apply to small test areas before usage. Do not use on fabric or food. If consumed, call Pokemon Poison Control immediately. May contain Snorlax drool."[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Not sure if you wanted him to draw some stuff, but if you do, let him know. ^^

I suppose I can draw too, but... I'm not as much into it as him. =P
    virchu__original_pokemon__by_merry255-d9ngpxz.png

I learned how to do it by him teaching me.
    merrypetvirvir.gif

Project we're working on, so we may be less active
    I'm making myself a Pokémon Smiley Pokédex with the use of Veekun's massive amount of Pokémon sprites, including B2/W2 and animated Crystal ones I got, have it generate [img][/img] for you to use in the forum (signature, topics, posts, whatever) or only for myself and my friend virty, in case you're not interested.
    So in other words... Win win! :D

It would provide IMG codes for front, back, shiny front, shiny back (also female, forms, and stuff)
    001.gif
    001back.gif

I want to include the sprites and animations of Red/Green, Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, Crystal, ... pretty much everything up to Black 2 / White 2. XD

The longest part will not be the interface, but the renaming and editing of the files >->
    • remove all the backgrounds of the older sprites
    • remove transparent space around the sprites
    • have both numbered (001) and named (bulbasaur) versions
      • rg prefix for Red / Green (rg/001, rg/bulbasaur)done
      • rb prefix for Red / Bluedone
      • y prefix for Yellowdone
      • g prefix for Goldin progress
      • s prefix for Silver
      • c prefix for Crystal
      • rs prefix for Ruby / Sapphire
      • frlg prefix for Firered / Leafgreen
      • e prefix for Emerald
      • dp prefix for Diamond / Pearl
      • p prefix for Platinum
      • hgss prefix for Heartgold / Soulsilver
      • bw prefix for Black / White
      • and no prefix for Black 2 / White 2 because I use this by default ;D
    • change .png to .gif so that it ALWAYS ends with .gif ^^
    • basically edit...
      • 151 × 6 (151 front & back × 3 games)done
      • 251 × 12 (251 front & back × 2 to include shiny × 3 games)
      • 386 × 12 (386 front & back × 2 to include shiny × 3 games)
      • 493 × 12 (493 front & back × 2 to include shiny × 3 games)
      • 649 × 8 (649 front & back × 2 to include shiny × 2 games)
      I'm not even including all the female variants and different forms in that calculation, but what I currently listed means I have to look into... 19,658 sprites / Gifs, and will produce around 40,000 to also include files with Pokémon names, so yeah, this may take a while and be a side-hobby until I'm done with it. XP

How does Virty contribute?
    He decided to add gender differences and make fixed versions of the older sprites from Red/Blue, Red/Green, and more! =D
    064.gif
    (male)
    064f.gif
    (female)
    064fix.gif
    (star on head)
    064ffix.gif
    (female with star on head)

Why am I doing this in the first place?
    Again, I don't want stuff to go to waste. ;D Plus I love helping or providing stuff, so yeah!
    Also I have a hosting account with JustHost and am doing hardly anything with it, so I might as well do something with it until I decide to finally make myself a website and not just use the service to practice coding. XD

Do I want edits and Fakémon in there as well?
    Would be a waste to try making something this big and then not to include edits and Fakémon sprites anyone wants to provide, so sure! I'll try adding that too! =P
    diglettnope.gif
    virchu.gif

I'd credit the people who want to share edits and Fakémon too, don't worry. ;)

How about trainers and items?
    If I can find some... I guess?

Why wasn't generation 6 and up mentioned?
    If it's going to be about 40,000 images already, imagine just how many it would be with the 3D stuff... plus the file size is much bigger in those, so the amount of MegaByte in that folder would skyrocket! oO So... not sure if I want to bother. >-> Unless there's a site that let's you use their 3D Gifs, then I'll generate a BB Code with THEIR link instead. ^^

Can I have what you upload?
    Sure! Again, hate stuff to go to waste, so I might as well make a .zip folder or just link to another site for you to download all of those images. =P

N64 Rendering
    I'd love to make more of these
    samus_from_super_smash_bros___n64__by_merry255-dan42gn.gif
    and just noticed I pretty much have nothing Pokémon related...

Are there any N64 games you'd like me to render from?
    (I don't hack the game, I have to take screenshots and remove the background, so really, anyone could do that =P) Like from... Pokémon Stadium or SSB64's Pikachu and Jigglypuff?
    If I knew how to control the in-game camera, I could do the Pokémon animations in Pokémon Stadium, but currently I see it's constantly moving >~< But the minigames seem okay. =3
    I have NO idea if I can do Hey you, Pikachu! because it needs a special microphone for the console and I have no clue how that would work in the emulator. =P

So yeah! Just post a reply here or message me if there's something you think I could do! ^^
    But don't try taking advantage of me or give me orders... I hate feeling used and getting told what to do. -_-

PS: If my messages get any longer I'll start including a freaking navi to it! XDDDD

Last edited:

virtualboy2558

Versatile Virty ^u^
    Years
  • Hahaha... I love how you made your Porygon edit mention your name doesn't stand for "Makes Every Request". XDDD That really silly and clever! ^u^ And seeing Slowper animated would be very cool to see, especially since there have been many that liked your Slowbro sprites. =D

Doing an ultimate Pokedex on all the Pokemon sprites in every Generation as smilies would definitely be handy for us, plus would be fun to play around! ^o^ People here could simulate a battle going on between two Pokemon within their comments or signatures, and make conversation much more lively! ^u^

Hmmm... as for a request, could you be able to do any N64 renders of Super Smash Bros's Pikachu and Jigglypuff? -^.^- Seeing the electric rodent and pink balloon animated would be very cool to see! =#D Again they would be stylish for signatures, I would think. ^-^ But I'll wait on what you think of that.

Years
  • Doing requests for people is considered a shop, so lemmie fix that tag for you. But hey, good job!

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • Hahaha... I love how you made your Porygon edit mention your name doesn't stand for "Makes Every Request". XDDD That really silly and clever! ^u^ And seeing Slowper animated would be very cool to see, especially since there have been many that liked your Slowbro sprites. =D

Doing an ultimate Pokedex on all the Pokemon sprites in every Generation as smilies would definitely be handy for us, plus would be fun to play around! ^o^ People here could simulate a battle going on between two Pokemon within their comments or signatures, and make conversation much more lively! ^u^

Hmmm... as for a request, could you be able to do any N64 renders of Super Smash Bros's Pikachu and Jigglypuff? -^.^- Seeing the electric rodent and pink balloon animated would be very cool to see! =#D Again they would be stylish for signatures, I would think. ^-^ But I'll wait on what you think of that.
    Alright, I'll look into it, my best buddy! ;D You've been helping me quite a lot, you really deserve that! ^^

Hi, I had some requests for pokemon sprites for gba, the list goes a little long can you do?
    https://mega.nz/#!70VlCaoQ!LHNxSA2UniWW3RI4GMODkBydxfeMKpBrrLxZlDfM6bE
    Wow! You actually included all the sprites to edit! =O That's pretty cool! ^^
    So let's look at that list...
    OMG, yes! I totally forgot about the Anime variants such as pink Pokémon and Valencia island! =D Oh, and uh the Mewtwo clones, right? ;D
    Hmm... but what are the Snow/Swon ones? =O Where did those appear at?

Well, me and my buddy will look into those in the future, but we are at the moment quite busy editing some older stuff, so hope you can wait. ^^ No matter what, we do love the Anime so making those would be fun for us to do! =D

Also... Gold Pokémon? Reference to the card game, or Anime? If so, I probably haven't seen it yet. ^^
    And ooh... I really need to see that Porygon episode to see what that looks like, because that would be an amazing reference! =D

Doing requests for people is considered a shop, so lemmie fix that tag for you. But hey, good job!
    Oh! I didn't know that, actually. *sweat* Am still new to those tags, but I think you already figured that. ^-^ I uh changed it to Shop & Gallery, seeing how I'm probably going to display all the requests we make, right? =D

Additional thoughts
    1. Talking about the Anime made me realize that I loved that Crystal Onix episode, which would be a pretty darn cool Pokémon to make! O_O
    2. I should include an anime and a ssb folder for my project so I can be encouraged to try making some GIFs of the Anime and more Pokémon from SSB64 ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Wow! You actually included all the sprites to edit! =O That's pretty cool! ^^
    So let's look at that list...
    OMG, yes! I totally forgot about the Anime variants such as pink Pokémon and Valencia island! =D Oh, and uh the Mewtwo clones, right? ;D
    Hmm... but what are the Snow/Swon ones? =O Where did those appear at?

Well, me and my buddy will look into those in the future, but we are at the moment quite busy editing some older stuff, so hope you can wait. ^^ No matter what, we do love the Anime so making those would be fun for us to do! =D

Also... Gold Pokémon? Reference to the card game, or Anime? If so, I probably haven't seen it yet. ^^
    And ooh... I really need to see that Porygon episode to see what that looks like, because that would be an amazing reference! =D
    [/LIST]

Ok ... I leave a link that can help ... thanks
    Http :// bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_alternately_colored_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_the_anime
    Porygon episode 38 - Computer Warrior Porygon

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • Thank you for the link, sorry for being so slow at the moment but I got super frustrated and quite emotional lately (not just because of some emotional topics I was writing, but also with RL and something else I'll mention.)

This isn't as much as a concern for you as it is for myself... I've been trying to turn the older sprites into images I could post in the forum, like
    025.gif
    , but I noticed something wrong with all of the sources online (veekun, another site, even Bulbapedia). A big majority of images have the wrong palette, or wrong time delay between frames. I... cannot stand that. I worked days on trying to render this manually (remove the background, despite it being the same color as the sprite) and then came to realize that the HEX colors are nonsensical (like end with 1-F, instead of only with 0 or 8, seeing how the older games couldn't just utilize over 16 million colors but only around 32,000 >_>)

So here's my new plan... I MYSELF, because of defending my honor as a perfectionist, will capture everything myself, EVEN without a hacking tool, but only equipped with screenshots and my own hands. Even some hacking tools are saving an incorrect palette which I found out. Damn. That's insulting to me. Not all do, I mean, I can trust a few, but a lot of old ones for older Generations seem to do it. So yeah. Let's see if I can provide with flawless animation and sprites instead...

As for you, Castor. ^^ (sorry for making you suffer through all that) My buddy is going through the Anime list you send, adding patterns to Butterfree and whatnot, while I do all the coloring, but we do wonder about something...

How come the sprite differ from all the games? Did you shrink them down from Heartgold or Platinum to be Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Firered/Leafgreen sprites? Or even made some from scratch? We're just wondering why that would be, because we found it odd when seeing Butterfree look much different from the usual 3rd Gen. sprites we see. =O

In fact, what game do you want to edit? A GBA game or DS? Because again, if it was DS, I suppose the palettes may be alright. But as for GBA... I don't think they allow that many millions of color variations (like #136F8A instead of having to be #107088 in GBA from what I know)

Sorry for the holdup, I just want to make sure that there will be no issues later. =O

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2022
    Would either of you be able to make a layout for me for Pokémon Mega Light Platinum for a series I'm doing. I'll definitely credit you in the description

Back