• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Did You Catch First?

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Lv 2 Patrat.
    Stuck it in the PC before long and haven't looked at it since. But I also caught a Lillipup which was pretty good for a while. Then when it got to Lv 19...it also went to the PC. Idk I just wanna catch 'em all.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Lillipup was the first pokemon I caught, it evolved into Herdier but it's boxed now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I caught a Purrloin and named him Sexy Cat, haha. I knew I was gunna need some back up for the first gym, so that's really the only reason I bothered catching him. :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    First pokémon I caught was Lillipup as well. It was kind of perfect since the design reminds me a bit of my own dog so I'm using it on my team for now but we'll see where that goes. :)

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    The first one I caught was Lillipup (now a Herdier) and I'm still using it on my team after the second gym. I'm loving her at the moment and planning on keeping her 'til the end :)

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
    Lillipup, and now I really love the little guy. And gal--I caught three in total (hoping to do a proper in-order full dex someday) and the first two are both in my party still, because the first one had a good nature and I like Vital Spirit, but then I noticed the second one had Pickup... I'm a sucker for Pickup. So I'll keep her along until I run out of space.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I got freaking patrat because I couldn't beat Cheren's snivy with my oshawott, it kept vine whipping me :| so I got it as a buffer to save me. I have no intention whatsoever to use it after I beat the first gym and I named it creeper because it even LOOKS creepy.

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
    I caught myself a lvl.5 Purrloin. I decided to name him "Sickle" since his tail is in the shape of one.
    I was really tempted to use my AR to catch a Deino though, but I've decided to play the game through normally :). Sazandora is one pokemon I really look forward to owning.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I decided that when I first play through White, I would have no intention of selecting which specific Pokémon I would want to have on my team. That being said, my first capture was a Lillipup. It was the first Pokémon I encountered, and it was so irresistible, I just had to catch it on the spot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    Caught a roggenrola first. My friend works at a pawn shop so i got the game 2 days earlier, now on my 6th badge :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My first Pokémon was a Lillipup, which is now a part of my party! ^__^

Back