• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAZillonaire

Pokémon is my profession.
    Years
    I actually like it when it goes like the show. I named myself Jimmy, (Pokémon Chronicles) my Cyndaquil, Cyndaquil, and the rival is Silver.

lugiapkm611

The Healing Waters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    I named myself after my real name, and like you, I'm not sharing that.

My Rival's name was going to be Ash, like every other pokemon rival I've had, but that didn't fit so i named him Ashes.

The only name I'm proud of is my Ralts that I'm getting to be a Gallade, and its name is Alejandro!
    (I love that song!)
    ^-^

Kwajah

i'm close to the edge
    Years
    Me: Kameha
    Rival: Meha
    Bayleef: Dorito
    Pidgeotto: Tweety
    Magikarp: Useless
    Onix: Stoink

Only have four pokémon.... only battle with two of them....

And this is not on SoulSilver or HeartGold but on Silver, Broke my DS and my DSi. Get upset when i lose from a friend :p

nm legend

Years
    and since people are mentioning nicknames too........ Flames (the qaulava thingy) Hoot (u already know) and Spook (ghastly)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Named my pokemon after some many people whether it comes from my friends, famous one, biblical, or another game. I named my trainer after names from Pokemon Special manga(Gold, me. Silver, rival)

Last edited:

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    Because I'm a girl I named:

Myself: Ariel
    My Rival: Eric
    and I almost never nickname my pokies. ^_^ And if you pick up on the reference.. then good for you. :)

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
    My name: Tobb
    Rival's name: John (a friend of mine is named John, and he calls his rival Tobb :b)
    My starter: Totodile

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
    Years
    I name me,after my name.

Rival-Gold

and my pokemon all have there organial name

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    I just got HeartGold the other day (so excited)
    I named:

My character: Ronin (I usually go with Jonny but I wanted a change)
    My Rival: Clive (I usually switch between Clive or Ralph and in Platinum it was Ralph)
    My starter pokemon: Sage (Chikorita), Chikorita is actually my least favourite starter but I want Arcanine and I'm torn between a bunch of water pokemon that don't include Totodile. Also out of Gold, Crystal and silver I never picked Chikorita so I might as well give it a chance.

jksa893

Playing Soul Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    My Character: Brandon
    My Rival: The same name..
    My Starter:Aquagator(Totodile)

zorg

Pronage Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2013
    I picked a male character and named the following:
    Me-Nexus
    Rival-Cant remember...
    Cyndiquil-Belias

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    My name in SS is Hikari, becauseI cosplay Hikari/Dawn. And besides, I just love the Japanese name Hikari.

My rival is Vincent. Random name that I thought fit him well.

I don't nickname my Pokemon. I used to, but sometimes it would irritate me that my Pokemon aren't their original names, so I quit naming them. Don't know why it bugged me, but it did.

As for my team, it varies depending on what I am doing. For example, if I'm out in the field catching Pokemon or searching for items, I carry around my field team. My team that knows all the field moves that I may need. This team is usually: Feraligatr, Noctowl, Victreebel, Steelix, Ampharos, and an additional one that varies from time to time - Typhlosion/Roserade/Raikou/Lugia/Arceus.

jksa893

Playing Soul Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    For SS,I picked a female character and her Emily,My rival,Loser...

Vicousvirus

The Poison Master
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Called myself: Venom
    Called my rival: Zero

Due to starting over again, my only Pokemon is Totodile. Who is appropriately named TERMIGATOR.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back