• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
Years
  • in thev game ,hg,i named my rival dementa and i was called ben(i think) [y starter was totodile who i neamed jaws

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • To make my name seem not out-of-place, I used katakana.

Me: Masami (マサミ)
    Rival: Kamon (カモン)

Yep, that's all I did.
    Not really a naming person anymore...

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
  • Well, its embarassing but I recently found my Blue version, I was excited so I turned it on to check what accomplishments i had proudly made in one of my first adventures. I flipped on the Game to find I did not have a single gym badge. My Name was Jew My Bulbasaur was Money and my caterpie was Cash. >_> I continued on to find out the Rival was named Hitler >>_>> I wanted to jump into a ditch.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I'm naming my character Seb. Even though I'm a girl, I'm not fond of female sprite. Besides, it's a throwback to my days in Silver and Yellow where you had to be male.

I usually name my rival as a reference to books/movies/video games/etc., but I'm thinking of something else. I was thinking of giving him a name with a meaning that is similar to Giovanni (well, it's still a reference.. oh well). His name is a form of the name John... I'm thinking... Shawn?

I'm waiting for the English version, but I'm planning on nicknaming my entire team. Most of my names are references to various... things, but the references match the Pokemon... like, I had a Wigglytuff named Elle (from Legally Blonde). If it's not a reference, then it's a name that's kind of similar to the Pokemon's actual name. (Examples from past teams are: Raphael the Starraptor, Nona the Nidoqueen, Vivian the Gardevoir, Oliver the Zangoose... you get the point. Yes, I think way too much on names.)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • i dont know what im gonna name myself, or weather i want to nickname my pokemon, but im naming my rival silver xDD just for the heck of it

Years
  • I'll be naming my:
    Character: Daiko
    Rival: Silver

Pokemon:
    Wooper - Sonic
    Dratini - Tranquil
    Hoothoot - Psychosis
    Cyndaquil - Blitz
    Gastly - Nightmare
    Scyther - Swiper

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    When I get it, I'll be following this template:
    Name: Francis (I use this alias for all of my games)
    Rival: Hmm... I'll see who I want to name him later. I guess Max, maybe (Max is a friend who is a computer geek like me, and we have intelligent discussions about computing and whatnot)
    Pokémon: I normally don't name my Pokés, but I'll see for my starter. I always name my starter.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Well. Since I'm poor and can't afford to IMPORT A GAME FROM JAPAN, I'm planning things.

Me: (I'M BEING HIBIKI, CAUSE KOTONE OR WHATEVER IS A;DFLH, AND I SHIP GOLDxSILVER. /shot) Pineapple or Hibiki, I haven't decided (don't ask about Pineapple, you'll regret it. I could talk for HOURS about why. There's also youtube videos I'd have to share.)

Rival: I dunno yet. I'll probably be lame and call him Shiruba.

Starter: Who really cares ಠ_ಠ aka: I don't know yet.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    My name: フランキー (Frankie)

Rival: アレックス (Alex)

Party Pokémon:

1. Porygon-Z Lv. 100
    2. Salamence (Shiny) Lv. 100
    3. Sceptile Lv. 100
    4. Charizard Lv. 100
    5. Electivire Lv. 100
    6. (Always shifting between the Pokémon I'm training) Umbreon (Shiny) Lv. 66

All the Pokémon are English.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Everything but the Pokemon name is the same for me as it is below.

Pokemon Name: Chikorita

My name: Gold

Rival: Silvr (Cause of only 5 letters max)

Starter: Explotaro

I personally loved this one.

Years
    Am I the only one who named my rival Silve instead of Silvr?

In anycase, I named myself Caren.

I traded a lot of my breeded pokemon from Platinum, but the pokemon I use most are named Siren (Female Infernape), Ladee (Female Sneasle), Rii (Male Chimeco), Daeim (Female Dragonair), Reti (Shiny Female Ratatta) and Peoh the necessary flyer.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Me: Chihaya
    Rival: Ryo
    Pokemanz: in sig

I did this because the male supporting character is Hibiki.
    Idolmaster themes hooray!

Also, I find it interesting how if you name the protagonist ダイゴ/Steven Stone, he comments "wow, same name" later on in the game!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back