• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you believe happens when you die?

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
    I heard a true story that your soul lives on though your body is left to rot.

A scientist wanted to find out if there really is a soul. So by luck, he managed to find a dying man at a hospital. He took the man and put him on a scale. The man was nearly about to die and the scientist recorded his weight. When the man passed away, the scientist looked at the scale once more and saw the weight had dropped half a pound.

But this story has been heard by many critics and other scientists. Maybe the man just farted or something. Who knows?

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I believe that orbiting Jupiter is a giant monolith that, when it and the first five planets are aligned with the sun, triggers the fourth and final evolution of man into angels.

Not really but it's a great movie

A scientist wanted to find out if there really is a soul. So by luck, he managed to find a dying man at a hospital. He took the man and put him on a scale. The man was nearly about to die and the scientist recorded his weight. When the man passed away, the scientist looked at the scale once more and saw the weight had dropped half a pound.

But this story has been heard by many critics and other scientists. Maybe the man just farted or something. Who knows?

I saw that NatGeo documentary too, neat stuff. Not 100% convinced but yanno.

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Uh that's easy you get a mansion, big enough for you and all your loved ones. They'll get mansions too but they can move in with you.

Years
    Not to get too far off topic, but...

The man was Dr. Duncan Macdougall who, in 1907, took several people (I think it was 6 of his patients) who were dying of tuberculosis and put them in beds attached to big scales and watched to see the if the weight changed when the people died. The dead apparently did loose a tiny bit of weight, but the reasons for that weight loss were hotly debated by other doctors at the time and nowadays I don't think anyone takes the idea seriously.

The good doctor also repeated the experiment with 15 dying dogs. He reported that they didn't loose any weight when they died.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Nothing. You just die.

Wait... that's not an interesting answer. Can't really think of what to add to it, though. There are times when I sort of want to believe in some sort of reincarnation, but those times pass, and I go back to thinking about nothingness and its inevitability.
    This. I'd love to believe in other things, and I guess I don't really care either way (I don't really have a religion) but for the most part I can't shake the idea that pretty much nothing happens. And that frightens me so then I just stop thinking about it altogether. :(

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I believe that every end is a beginning, so I believe that there is another life. Perhaps something like a new life via reincarnation. Or even something like a new world, like heaven and hell but more complex and you don't die anymore because you're, well, dead.

Years
    Nothing. You just die.

Wait... that's not an interesting answer. Can't really think of what to add to it, though. There are times when I sort of want to believe in some sort of reincarnation, but those times pass, and I go back to thinking about nothingness and its inevitability.

Good sir, you just answered it for me.

I would love to think that there is a pearly white heaven where the good souls of this world can go and be peaceful once we have died, relax and take it easy, but it just sounds too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing religion here, I once believed that heaven was a possibility, but I have just thought about it logically and... Then again, how can you truly think logically about 'what happens after dead?'​

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    The idea of death really scares me, and the thought of nothingness terrifies me. I'm doing Biology in school its hard to believe in any kind of soul or spirit because everything is scientifically explained.
    But then again, scientists themselves have admitted the brain is one of the most mysterious organs in the body.

That said, I've first handedly experienced some pretty unusual activity which confuses this logical viewpoint a lot for me. My house is pretty old [over 200 years old?] and really strange stuff happens, like things fall off surfaces for no reason, things go missing and appear in some completely random place... of course there are lots of logical explanations for this but I can't help but think "What if...?"

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
    Ugh sorry, but when your dead, your dead.
    Don't you think if you could manifest yourself into a spirit afterwards, everyone would?
    And the idea that you could contact the living as well, everyone would do it.
    Many people in my family have died, I have not seen a single spirit.
    However, ghosts, I have thought I have seen, but I cannot reliably say who they was, and even exactly what I was doing when I saw them. So for me the idea of Heaven and Hell is a nice fantasy, but unfortunately I cannot see it being true, however spirits,maybe, but it would have to be under extraordinary circumstances, which is the reason you hear of so many 'scary' ghosts and not any 'friendly' ones. (However Casper is absolutely and completely real, as well as the Pokemon ghosts.)

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    No clue. My theory is you get reborn...As something. But I mean, no one knows for sure..We can speculate of course, but that doesnt really get us anywhere does it? Thinking about pointless things when instead we could be playing Pokemon! Maybe theres different realms and once we die in one we restart in a new one?:o Thus creating an endless cycle of rotation after rotation, and never remembering our past travels. Who knows? And to be honest, im not too worried, cuz when I die I die, and where I go I go. Whether it be heaven, hell, to the other heaven with my 72 virgins, to the greek underworld to be tortured..Or to the endless void, I go where my soul and heart takes me.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I'm an atheist, so I just think that when you're done, you're done. You either become ash from cremation, or you rot in a coffin.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I am Christian so my belief is a modified version of what the bible says.

I believe that when you die, your soul leaves the body and you are allowed to roam the earth and universe as a spirit. Some spirits stick around on earth obviously but others tend to just drift off into space or other places on earth to explore. XD

That status persists until the End of Days. If you were a good person in life, your soul will be sent to heaven during the rapture, just as any live christian would be. If not, you get to stick around and witness the end of days and possibly suffer as the Antichrist continues it's evil and God rains punishment down.

The extremely wicked souls however...I think they probably get sent straight to hell, or get captured and taken by Satan anyway.

Last edited:
    Back