• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call your parents?

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I call mine Mommie and Daddy. XD;;;

But I know some people use the words Mom, Mum....etc. XD

So what do you call yours or do you address them by name? =o

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Usually just "mom" or "dad". Now and then I switch it up and call my mom "mother" or "mommy" just to see her reaction. I tend to use "mother" when I'm annoyed with my mom or I call her several times and she doesn't hear me. XD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Megafuz, agreed, I call my mom, mom or mommy on some occasions and same with dad, but if I'm mad at my mom or annoyed i call her mother

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Usually I call my mom mom, but if I want something I call her mommy. Same with my dad. Except when I get mad at my dad I call him by his first name, Bruce

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I say Mom and Dad, although I for some reason tend to avoid addressing people by anything.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Mom - ma ma
    Dad - ba ba

They're in Chinese. xD;

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Miyu-chan said:
    Mom - ma ma
    Dad - ba ba

They're in Chinese. xD;

Yes, Naminé refers to her father as "Ba ba" as well since it is cantonese for father in a rather informal slang. As for her mother, she calls her as "ma mi." It slightly combines "mommy" and "ma ma" which is kind of odd, yet that is how she addresses her mother even before she learns much of the english language~

Back