• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you hate about Pokemon games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Stupid question I know but I wanted to see what you guys think. The thing I hate is that they put a way to get Gen I guys to Gen II games and a way to get Gen III guys to Gen IV games but why didn't they let you bring guys from Gen II to Gen III? If they had something then we could've done the ultimate chain and finally got guys from G/S/C without having to actually complete the NationalDex on FR/LG and without having to go to GTS or cheat.

xXI JOE IXx

I think it was impossible to trade with old games, or they would have done it. What do I hate you ask? The move Double Team raaaaaaaaaaawwwwr

harig07

Years
    Well in G/S/C they made a "Time Machine" to go back and connect with R/B/Y.

Double Team is the most annoying thing ever. I was battling a guy at the Battle Tower on Diamond today and some guy used Dusclops. He just relentlessly used Double Team over and over again until the point when he was untouchable. Then came the inevitable Toxic, Protect and Confuse Ray stall. He killed everyone me and my partner had until Buck (my partner at the time) sent out a Forretress who is, of course, immune to Toxic. That was even worse. I just left the DS there and went to watch TV for half an hour. When I came back to it, and I have no idea how this happened, Forretress had won the battle.

xXI JOE IXx

Well in G/S/C they made a "Time Machine" to go back and connect with R/B/Y.

Double Team is the most annoying thing ever. I was battling a guy at the Battle Tower on Diamond today and some guy used Dusclops. He just relentlessly used Double Team over and over again until the point when he was untouchable. Then came the inevitable Toxic, Protect and Confuse Ray stall. He killed everyone me and my partner had until Buck (my partner at the time) sent out a Forretress who is, of course, immune to Toxic. That was even worse. I just left the DS there and went to watch TV for half an hour. When I came back to it, and I have no idea how this happened, Forretress had won the battle.

Yeah bucks AI is terrible, anyway, the time machine was possible because the engine for r/b/y was pritty much the same as \g\s\c but now compare that to sapphire and ruby and aboves game engine, full colours, things like natures, ect. All this would make it impossible to do trading with the previous gen... It was a shame though I agree

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Yes, one of the main things I hate about the games is that you can't get pokemon from G/S/C over to third gen games. Here are some other things that I hate:

--the random and ever-frequent appearance of wild pokemon when one is trying to get somewhere quickly
    --how half the legendary pokemon, like Arceus and Mew and Celebi, cannot be obtained unless you cheat or get it in a GTS trade by chance
    --when in-game trainers throw out something stupid and weak like a lv. 35 Pelipper and all it ever does is Protect and wastes your PP
    --in HG/SS, they're going to replace Kris with Soul.

Other than that...can't really think of anything else I actually hate about the games. ^^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It seems that with each subsequent generation, too much effort is put into designs of legendary pokemon that are unobtainable without an event (and thusly, I don't care about), and not enough time into the designs of the geographic region or of the common pokemon that you can actually acquire in the game. >_>

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    - Increasing overuse of legendaries (5, 6, 10 and 14 is the trend so far).
    - Pokemon that are basically the same as earlier ones. (Wurmple, Beautifly, Feebas, Plulse/Minun, Seviper, I'm looking at you 3rd generation!)
    - Rhyperior. Rhydon and Rhyhorn are among my favourites, they're badass, Rhyperior is simply awful.
    - Golbats with Confuse Ray, Mean Look and Poison Fang.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    - The moves Double Team, Sand Attack, Detect and Protect.
    - Legendaries. (Everybody has them so they're nothing special IMO)
    - The increase in legendaries and pseudo-legendaries.
    - Acro Bike.
    - Team Galactic.
    - "Lucas" and his scarf and beret...
    - Bidoof, Krickitune, Raticate, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Noctowl, Weedle, Solrock and Lunatone.
    - The new look for the player characters.
    - Brendan, May and Soul.
    - Wally.
    - Normal type Pokemon.
    - New Pokeballs replacing old ones.
    - Poffins replacing Pokeblocks.
    - No Mixing Records or Secret Bases.
    - Professor Elm.

Griffinrich

Welcome to the Jungle...
    Years
    I'm actually curious if this ever happens to anyone else. EVERY SINGLE TIME someone uses Confuse Ray on me, it seems I hurt myself about 4 times in a row. Then, whenever I attempt to confuse the opponent, they are able to attack every time.
    Eh?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    When people call you via PokeNav in Emerald and how they just assume you want to register them. Let's also not forget the annoying jingle after they register. At least you could pick who goes in your phone book in GSC, and even then they didn't call to tell you something stupid every five seconds.

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
    Years
    I'm actually curious if this ever happens to anyone else. EVERY SINGLE TIME someone uses Confuse Ray on me, it seems I hurt myself about 4 times in a row. Then, whenever I attempt to confuse the opponent, they are able to attack every time.
    Eh?

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Personally some times things just seem to move way to slow since I'm used to Emulating it at a 9 frame skip speed...

So I guess I wish I could control the speed at which the game moved completely, some things are just annoyingly slow.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
    the beginning where the professor has to chatter on about pokemon...im like ya i know iv heard it 10 times before!....all there should do is when you click new game it asks for your name and gender then you start.

harig07

Years
    - Rhyperior. Rhydon and Rhyhorn are among my favourites, they're badass, Rhyperior is simply awful.

I swear Rhyperior has, like, the highest ATK in the game with a movepool that can devastate nearly anything?

I also hate Spiritomb. What's the fun in having a Pokemon that has no weakness?

Years
    There's not much. But.
    1: Trainers with the same pokemon..I'm talking about fishermen with 4-6 Magikarps. It's just not necessary.
    2: "Rowan's Words" that chant in your head.
    3: Confused Pokemon. Annoyingly unfair.
    4: The Frozen Status. When it happens to me.

Last edited:

harig07

Years
    You sorta got your numbers wrong but I agree. I hate the whole "Rowan: There's a time and place for everything but not now!" thing. I could never use my Pokeradar.

Years
    You sorta got your numbers wrong but I agree. I hate the whole "Rowan: There's a time and place for everything but not now!" thing. I could never use my Pokeradar.

LOL MY BAD.
    I had a 2. But I erased it. forgot about the numbers.
    Thanks. : D
    And yeah,Vs.Seeker doesn't work in Victory Road = Lose. ):

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Internal battery failure. That's the only thing that prevents me from spending my time looking for the shiny Pokémons in Silver. :{ Hours of hard work that soon will be erased..

Years
    Confusion. I've had my Pokemon hurt itself 4+ times in a row before snapping out of confusion. One time, my Gabite knocked itself out solely from confusion. If I have a Pokemon with high Attack and poor Defense, confusion is its worst nightmare.

It seems that with each subsequent generation, too much effort is put into designs of legendary pokemon that are unobtainable without an event (and thusly, I don't care about), and not enough time into the designs of the geographic region or of the common pokemon that you can actually acquire in the game. >_>

I couldn't agree more with this. That Shaymin forme from Platinum that looks so awesome… and that I can't even get. And those new Rotom formes as well.
    And gosh, I'm sick of hearing about Arceus and those Pichus. I would like to hear about the game when a new update comes out. I would prefer to see gameplay of the updated Johto and Kanto regions, not watch footage of an event I'll probably never be able to get in my game. Though lately, we've been seeing more Pokethlon stuff than anything…

[semi-rant]
    Speaking of Johto, one thing that really annoys me about Gen II is how heavily it's based on Gen I. Gym Leaders use more Gen I Pokemon than anything, while some Gym Leaders, (like Falkner, Bugsy, Morty and Chuck) use all Gen I Pokemon. Come on, we got 100 new Pokemon in the second generation, there's no need to recycle the old Pokemon so much!
    Give Falkner a Noctowl instead of a Pidgeotto! Sure, Hoothoot doesn't evolve until Level 20, but Falkner's already cheating on levels with his Level 9 Pidgeotto (Pidgey evolves at Level 18), what's two levels more?
    Give Bugsy a Ledian, Ariados, or better yet, Heracross! What's with all his easily-caught-in-Gen-I Pokemon?
    Whitney's team is all right, but Morty's? I know only one new Ghost-type was introduced in Gen II, but why on earth isn't Morty using it?
    Chuck's… groan. Poliwrath and Primeape? Why not use the new fighting-type introduced in Gen II, Hitmontop?
    I have nothing against Jasmine's team, because Steelix is a great introduction, as well as the whole Steel type. Pryce's is also all right, since his "main" Pokemon is a new introduction from Gen II. Clair's in the same boat as Morty, with only one new Dragon-type to choose from in Gen II, but unlike Morty, at least she has it on her team.

And what's with the whole Professor Oak deal? Come on, he made his appearance in the Kanto games, let Johto's professor get his time in the spotlight! There's no reason why Elm can't host the introduction – the dialogue would probably have to be changed a little, but it would be a good change, I think.

And the intros… man, oh man. Crystal's intro was decent, but as for the intros to Gold and Silver, the only Gen II Pokemon that appeared in them were the starters (and Lugia/Ho-oh, but I don't count the title screen as part of the intro). Every other Pokemon was from Gen I, and why was the focus on Charizard, might I ask? What does he have to do with the Johto region? You can't even get the Kanto starters in G/S/C – you have to trade them from R/B/Y.
    [/semi-rant]

Secret Bases in D/P/P. Firstly, I don't particularly like building my base underground. In R/S/E, we got a choice between a cavern, a tree, and a bush to build our secret bases, and there were many different room shapes we could pick from. And there weren't those ridiculous boulders inside the bases, not even in the cave ones. The worst thing you'd get would be a hole in the floor, which you could cover up with a board purchased from one of the shops in the game.
    But the bases in D/P/P were a whole different story. They were filled with these boulders which you could only get rid of by connecting with another game. I don't know anyone in my town who has a copy of D/P, and I don't have Wi-Fi, so I had to resort to using my sister's DS and connecting my Platinum game to my Pearl game. Even after I did that, I could still only get rid of ONE boulder. This is the most ridiculous system I've ever heard of.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back