• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you not want to see in HG/SS?

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    AND IS SWEAR TO GOD,
    If they keep that BS with Viridian Forest being cut down AGAIN,
    I will personally go down to Gamefreak and beat some sense into the programmer

Old Man:
    I'm sorry young one but Viridian Forest has been cut down by some Lumberjacks working for Team Rocket ...

Yeah ... I want my Caterpies and Pikachus to rest somewhere safe!

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    I dont want to see anything removed, I dont really want to see a WHOLE lot added either. Hell I guess what I want is Gold/Silver w/ Platinum engine w/ Online Play.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    A flying Pikachu :disappoin

Most likely, I think this will end up happening nevertheless. Luckily, you aren't forced to do the event with the Flying Pikachu from the PokéWalker so it is an optional feature that you don't have to include if that is what you want, or not want.

I dont want to see anything removed, I dont really want to see a WHOLE lot added either. Hell I guess what I want is Gold/Silver w/ Platinum engine w/ Online Play.

The game is a remake so if anything were to be removed it would only be minor, not major. So far, by the look of things much has been added but its only made the game better and hasn't contradicited with the major plot of the game, so you're safe there. I wouldn't want anything removed from the original games either, which I'm sure will happen, but like said not major enough to alter the game.

As for myself, I've heard that Red's roster has been slightly altered. Now, I don't mind this being so, but I don't want to see his Pikachu removed [which I doubt might happen] and I don't want him to be left at the same levels with his new team, but at least at the same rate as Barry from Platinum or higher.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    ^ I wonder with the partner pokemon now being able to stand outside, if Red's Pikachu will actually stand by his side as his partner? haha But I wonder if theyre gonna change the location and scenario cuz technically speaking, it doesnt make any sense for Red to be just at a dead end of a cave, staring at a wall and saying nothing but "...".

I wonder if Cal is still there to fight with at Viridian City? haha although I'm not sure how the Mystery Gift changing Cal is going to work... maybe it'll be by exchanging records? and by doing so, it'll change Cal's roster to that of the person you just exchanged records with?

I wanna also see the Daily brothers and sisters, the ones that showed up at different locations on a daily basis to give you certain hold items. They were handy in the sense that you'd get one for sure instead of having to hunt down a wild Pokemon that had the item attached to it or stealing the item.

Another thing I want to see is the trainers on the S.S.Anne, I dont remember whether they were re-fightable after beating them the first run, but it they werent, I really think they should make them available for rematch, makes sitting on the cruise much more meaningful then just sleeping for nothing...

Back