• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you thinck of the brand new Tropicove?

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    I'm looking at it in FireFox 1.0.4 with a widescreen res of 1280 x 800, and I can't get much of it to display properly. One of the main things is that the menu isn't lined up properly, which messes up the rest of the page. So I looked at it in 1024 x 786, and it still didn't line up.

So, 1st thing, get everything lined up. Otherwise, I can't give a proper rating or any really good suggestions.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    800x600 the site is so wide I could land an F-18 on it. The layout is not terrible but could use a bit of work, not to bad work on the content but keep working at it.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    #1- The layout should be 800x600 compatible and neater.
    #2- Grammar and spelling are your friends.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    eh, theres a couple of spelling and grammer errors... stay clear of those... if at all possible... and like I always tell most new sites, content, content, content... oh yea, and work on developing a more compatible & what word to insert, flowing... all i could think of... layout... an amazing layout is what attracts them, content is what keeps them coming... XD, atleast I think... ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Work on your Pokemon of the Week. You should at least have all of their TMs/HMs/Moves/etc. =S

Also...your information is a bit haphazard...hard to find something you really want to see.

BTW- Just out of curiousity, how many unique visitors do you get a day?

tropicove

tropical master
    Years
    I fixed all the spelling. Now content is very dificult to make. I try to consontrate on the info of new pokemon. I only get 2-10 hits a day okay, thats why I need to advertise.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    tropicove said:
    I fixed all the spelling. Now content is very dificult to make. I try to consontrate on the info of new pokemon. I only get 2-10 hits a day okay, thats why I need to advertise.

Join topsites, affiliate with other sites.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Topsites are actually pretty good for getting your site in teh public's eyes!

also, try becoming a community site for some forums!

WinGLesS

Wingless Angel
    Years
    • Age 34
    • ???
    • Seen Sep 21, 2008
    Hey wow your site looks good! Me likey! *hugs it* You did good! *hugs tropicove* And the advise is indeed good advice! Good work! (^^) GL with your site!

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    2-10 unique hits a day isnt good... topsites/affiliation... and advertising, such as you did in this forum... BMG,Serebii, others...

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    I really should join some topsites as well.

Anyway, everything but the home page has an uneven layout. I'd suggest making something to give the different areas (navbar\content\banner) a more fluid look. It might help fix the uneven look of the layout.

Also, if you have PHP enabled, try using the tutorial in the "Resources\Reference!" topic in Webmaster Resources. Under the PHP\MySQL section is a small tutorial on how to turn your layout into one page, and the content into seperate pages. Trust me, it cuts down on the time and work needed.

Back