• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Think Happened With Mask of Ice?

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
Years
  • You remember how in GSC and in Escape how Blue and Silver were so desperate to get away and despised their past? Well, what do you think happened? What do you think happened that made it so torturous and a living nightmare? Personally, I think that Mask of Ice beat them, at least in occasion, like when he hit Blue after mentioning nicknaming her Jigglypuff. Their specialized training may have been painful as well. What do you guys think happened?

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • I agree with you on the MoI-abuse-thing. The man's already proven and outrightly stated that he's never had a good relationship with humans, particularly in comparison to Pokemon.

Then again, it's been shown that he really craved human companionship. I think that the Mask of Ice probably wanted to have people surrounding him, but never put forth an effort to interact with them on a personal scale. Especially with kids. He never seemed like a 'grandkid-loving-old man' to me.

There's also the fact that Blue and Silver are both very individualistic and free-spirited little kids. To be told to serve (if not slave under) someone like him and having no choice in the matter probably wouldn't have been peaches and cream. Regardless of whether the situation itself was horrible, if it seemed that way from their point of view, then of course it could have counted as years of torture, at least for them. Look at Keane and Chermaine. They don't seem to have had any issues with the arrangement.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Ditto to that. He probably could be put in the book with the world's most abusive parents/guardians.

Not defending him, but he was utterly ripped to shreds after his two Lapras dyed. Perhaps he let his anger and heartbreak out on Silver and Blue. Porr Silver and Blue ;-; My two favorite manga characters.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • The longing for their families and freedom probably played a huge role as well. I've always guessed that Keane and Chermaine didn't have families, so being with the Mask of Ice didn't faze them as much.

LOVE the theories, guys! Keep 'em coming!!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Oh now I remember the mask of ice! haha I had to think back, well my guess he is in a nighmare. Either that or hes frozen in a block of ice xDD lol

LightEspeon ♥!

Espeon is awesome!
    Years
  • I can imagine Blue making some chicken for the MOI (mask of ice). Then he slaps her and says "B**** this chicken is cold!" xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I think that he got trapped in a time and space continue. Anyway I think that they should have not let Pryce suffer that kind of fate and it makes me think that the Pokemon Special writers wrote him as a villain just so they could do away with him although they did write some of the Kanto Gym Leaders and Kanto and Johto Elite Four as villian but they did not suffer a similar fate than Pryce did. Anyway I wonder if Pryce will be seen again in the HGSS arc?

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years

• Could he return, or is he dead? That's the question.

Well, Pryce isn't dead, in the sense of the word. He's just trapped in time, which is pretty damn convinient if you ask me. Anyway, seeing as the HGSS Arc has just started, and many old characters are returning, we can only help that our beloved, elderly, mislead psychopath will make his return.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    I firmly believe Pryce physically and emotionally abused Silver and Blue. For crying out loud, he hit Blue, who while was intelligent was still a five year old girl, for giving her jigglypuff a nickname! If he hit a little girl for something as simple as that, it's easy to imagine he'd hit the kids for screwing up during his "speacial training", which I can imagine being something along the lines of how to defend themselves against attackers with and without their pokemon. Even if he didn't abuse them as much physically, it's clear he at least emotionally abused them, if by only dragging children from their homes with a giant bird, taking some of them form whatever they knew and literally throwing them into an enviorment where they were forced to forget their past lives. It's also not hard to see Pryce screaming at them if they "fail" him, and probably saying some of the worst insults that kids can hear.

As for why Silver/Blue wanted to escape...the above, plus the fact Blue especially knew there were better ways of life out there, and that at least her family was a loving, caring one. She more then likely told Silver about it, which made him want to escape. And as someone above me brought up, they're both independent, free spirited individuals. Being forced to become slaves to someone who had taken them from their lives was probably less then appealing for them, and they wanted to get out.

And for the Keane/Chermaine side...I can see them not having families, or if they did, their homes not being that happy. For all we know, they could have been neglected and never gotten attention, thus making Pryce's attention seem much more worthwile, as cruel as it was. We know Will and Karen were bored, so they left what they had behind...I could definitely see them being from super strict families who never let them leave, thus making Pryce giving them an oppurtunity seem worthwile.

Finally, for Pryce returning...I'm biased cause he's my favorite Specialverse villain, but I'd love for him to return in the HGSS arc. He could show that he's redeemed, and heck, maybe even help the heroes! Also, the fact that Mahogany Town probably hasn't had a gym leader for five years should say something...

All my opinion, though!

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • I firmly believe Pryce physically and emotionally abused Silver and Blue. For crying out loud, he hit Blue, who while was intelligent was still a five year old girl, for giving her jigglypuff a nickname! If he hit a little girl for something as simple as that, it's easy to imagine he'd hit the kids for screwing up during his "speacial training", which I can imagine being something along the lines of how to defend themselves against attackers with and without their pokemon. Even if he didn't abuse them as much physically, it's clear he at least emotionally abused them, if by only dragging children from their homes with a giant bird, taking some of them form whatever they knew and literally throwing them into an enviorment where they were forced to forget their past lives. It's also not hard to see Pryce screaming at them if they "fail" him, and probably saying some of the worst insults that kids can hear.

As for why Silver/Blue wanted to escape...the above, plus the fact Blue especially knew there were better ways of life out there, and that at least her family was a loving, caring one. She more then likely told Silver about it, which made him want to escape. And as someone above me brought up, they're both independent, free spirited individuals. Being forced to become slaves to someone who had taken them from their lives was probably less then appealing for them, and they wanted to get out.

And for the Keane/Chermaine side...I can see them not having families, or if they did, their homes not being that happy. For all we know, they could have been neglected and never gotten attention, thus making Pryce's attention seem much more worthwile, as cruel as it was. We know Will and Karen were bored, so they left what they had behind...I could definitely see them being from super strict families who never let them leave, thus making Pryce giving them an oppurtunity seem worthwile.

Finally, for Pryce returning...I'm biased cause he's my favorite Specialverse villain, but I'd love for him to return in the HGSS arc. He could show that he's redeemed, and heck, maybe even help the heroes! Also, the fact that Mahogany Town probably hasn't had a gym leader for five years should say something...

All my opinion, though!

Oh my God. Everything you just said I completely agree with. Of course, it's far too dark to appear in the manga, which is why it was probably left out.

Esper-chan

Mmmm... Crunchy! :D
    Years
  • I think Pryce needs to come back! Like SilverLightning22 said, Johto's a gym Leader short and he was one of the greatest villains in pokemon!

In seriousness i agree with the "He's going to come back and help out" theory that some of the previous poster's said. I just don't think he's going to be bad after what happened.

But then again, anything could happen!

Back