• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think if Pokémon would be more... Mature?

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
    Well what do you think? I think it would be better if it would be just a bit more mature, let's add this things for example:

A bit more of comedy, more funny faces, because the only real funny episode was "Whiscash and Ash"

Some blood, please, all the time they explode and no sign of blood? Like a simple slash or something?

Some romatic scenes, pluh-ease it needs more, just with May it won't work that well >>

Please say what do you think.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    What i think

Red-Kun said:
    Well what do you think? I think it would be better if it would be just a bit more mature, let's add this things for example:

A bit more of comedy, more funny faces, because the only real funny episode was "Whiscash and Ash"

Some blood, please, all the time they explode and no sign of blood? Like a simple slash or something?

Some romatic scenes, pluh-ease it needs more, just with May it won't work that well >>

Please say what do you think.

Well that would be another series, the Pokemon we know is rated Y7, 4kids , so we can't expect blood on it..if they suddenly want to show some blood they can show it on Adult Swim, since it shows about mature stuff, and also for those kissy scenes you wanna see...In that case, just watch some other anime that has kissy scenes >>

Recknin

Banned
    Years
    you know when the pokemon talk to each other thats realy babish
    i would want that to go,some blood scenes would be cool 2,
    swearing aswell will make the anime better

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
    Years
    If blood scenes were included, then it might become rated PG-13. Which is rather unfair for the other children who watch Pokemon.

I would go for the swearing, but only the slightest word said.

But then, I would agree to all of those if Pokemon wasn't a kid's show. oh well, tough luck.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I would like to see ita bit more mature. I mean no blood and swearing but like a bit more romance. I don't mean kissly goo goo scenes all the time but some more feeling. Like some romance competion or some thing. Or show something out of the kids area every once in a while.

That blood stuff just not good for the show.

Senji

Undercover
    Years
    ahh i had thoughts on this too i kinda posted the same topic in pkmn general discussion. Lol but it was after i posted i saw ur thread >< anyway i think pokemon can either go ambiguous like if mixed with certain wrong elements it can be more unpopular. But! i think if the creators made this as like u said more mature and with blood and stuff it might have a chance to have more viewers. just my thoughts :P

P.S. I've always wanted pokemon to speak with humans and not their language.. i dunno why. XD
    i honestly think the language barrier prevents deeply understanding of the trainer to his/her pokemon
    even though Ash is a caring trainer. It may just be my dislike of the language barrier o_o

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    I've always wished that they would do two pokemon animes. One for younger audiences, and another for the teens. I mean, it just makes sense because kids don't stay kids forever, and when kids who loved pokemon get older, they would have a show that was older as well.

I imagine an older pokemon being a bit like Yugioh (the uncensored version of course) in the fact that it's not WAY too much with the blood and love, but it has scenes that deal with them, and isn't afraid to show a little more realism.

I don't think that pokemon talking like they do now is babyish. I think that not developing their characters deep enough is though. You can make a pokemon serious without making it talk; the writers just don't want to or aren't good enough. (Though don't get me wrong, I would love to understand what they're saying. It would be a lot more interesting.)

By the way, and I might be wrong about this, but we have never seen anyone on pokemon kiss on the lips. Ever. I mean, parents, people who have just been asked to marry their true loves, and no kissing?! What the...?! I know people in Japan kiss... geez.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
    I don't like the idea of swearing in pokemon. It dosen't make it cool all of a sudden, y'know.

But yeah, some blood, and some DECENT romance. I mean, come on, the best we got was at the end of Johto.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    I think Pokemon should be a lot more mature.

I'm tired of seeing Pokemon nearing death, yet no blood at all.

I'd also like some swearing. (Not stuff like racial insults, but at least stuff like "HOLY CRAP!")

Maybe a Pokemon die here or there.

But, it would have to be on a different show. Like maybe call it "Pokemon The Next Generation" or a version when Ash is older. Right now, he's about eleven, and a teenage version of Pokemon should have teenage characters

It would also have to be on Adult Swim, Comedy Central, or Fox. Since they're more adulterated.

Although, it would need some comedy scenes for Comedy Central.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
    Light_Azumarill said:
    I've always wished that they would do two pokemon animes. One for younger audiences, and another for the teens. I mean, it just makes sense because kids don't stay kids forever, and when kids who loved pokemon get older, they would have a show that was older as well.

I imagine an older pokemon being a bit like Yugioh (the uncensored version of course) in the fact that it's not WAY too much with the blood and love, but it has scenes that deal with them, and isn't afraid to show a little more realism.

I don't think that pokemon talking like they do now is babyish. I think that not developing their characters deep enough is though. You can make a pokemon serious without making it talk; the writers just don't want to or aren't good enough. (Though don't get me wrong, I would love to understand what they're saying. It would be a lot more interesting.)

By the way, and I might be wrong about this, but we have never seen anyone on pokemon kiss on the lips. Ever. I mean, parents, people who have just been asked to marry their true loves, and no kissing?! What the...?! I know people in Japan kiss... geez.
    Well i agree iwth you in the part that there should be two animes of Pok?mon, like they did with Yu-Gi-Oh!.

The only good part of Pok?mon is both the games and the manga. But the anime... kind of killing the idea.

It needs to be a bit more mature and not so... chidish, like Meowth thinking on random things with just seeing a new Pok?mon per chap.

And a bit more of realism, since Ash is getting older, the series must had been more serious, not keeping Ash that looks like 15 years as the same 10-years mind.

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
    Well... I personally wouldn't mind if they could make a bit more Y7 instead of Y. I don't think Pokemon needs blood to be cool, though I do remember a scene in kanto where Misty got cut and it somewhat bled. Decent romance would be great, I think maybe a romantic tone here and there would be fun. Swearing, a little minor swearing isn't to bad to me, but I don't think pokemon needs it either way.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Pokemon can get better in mature-ness. We need more dub-added innuendos from TR or maybe even from the main group. No blood is needed unless it's like a cut like Misty's from "Wake Up Snorlax". But seriously if you want some violent series with blood and cursing either read Pokespecial or go watch Inuyasha. Jeez, Pokemon is Pokemon and that's why I like it (I wish more animes were like it in that element)

Years
    I'm actually happy with what the series is going currently. Technically if you want blood, violence, death, heck, listen to the Mewtwo CD Drama and watch the first movie, bloodbaths. But given how juvenile the series used to be to this weird niche they're in now, it would be perfunctory to ramp that up now, just as it was with the Mewtwo stuff when it was released at that point in the series.

I think the writers knew they couldn't keep up things as they did when they started, the audience changed.

So for tone, I think it's fine currently.

As for romance? I dunno, I enjoy Butler/Diane. They did a nice job with the pairing, but yeah, any ethnicity, I don't trust any entertainment writer to write a pairing as most can't write a pairing in their relationship mechanics, (another topic for another day) or grasp a woman and her subtleties, I'd rather write it myself.

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I also like Pokemon the way it is. When I watch it or play it I'm happy and relaxed. If there was blod and swearing it just wouldn't be the Pokemon that everyong grew up to love. As for the love scenes, I think they should add some becasue I don't think it would hurt and it wouldn't change Pokemon to much.

Mew Fangirl

Danger: Fangirl. It bites.
    Years
    Well, I'd really like some romance. Blood wouldn't be too bad, swearing is needed, but romance...!! I'm a bit clueless, so unless the characters blush to death around each other I'll never realize possible feelings between them. ^^'

So, yeah, romance all the way!! :shocked:

:P

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    Eh...I'm torn in half with this subject =/

Okay, yes, I would LOVE it if Pok?mon became more mature. I mean let's face it when it first aired we were much younger and didn't mind the "childish nature" of the anime but we've grown much since and our interests as well as how we see things change. It's inevitable. Now, most kids like this sort of stuff anyways, I'm not saying all kids do but a great portion do. Look at DBZ, why was it so liked? For the violence it depicted. Yeah, some realism wouldn't hurt with a few cuts and scrapes when TR's ballon explodes and for goodness sake at least every once in a blue moon TR could succeed and the anime wouldn't be so darn predictable.

Not to mention some more personality traits could be added to the characters since they have grown up since they started you know. As for the swearing eh...not too excited by that idea but it would be a good change, a weird one but good nonetheless.

As for romance, hell no, that's not something I'd like to see.

On the other hand Pok?mon's "innocence" is a sort of relieve from all the other stuff on TV and songs and stuff. I don't know about the rest of you but I like to keep a balance with what I watch.

Last edited:
    Years
    I still think its amazing that Ash, Brock, May and Max can go through their various adventures without so much as a scratch. I'm not asking for buckets of blood, but a little trickle wouldn't hurt. Or at least a mention of bleeding, they wouldn't even need to show it, and a bandage is quickly put on the cut. The story tellers have no problem showing an injured Ash after he is zapped by Pikachu or singed by Torchic but act nervious about a little blood. Go figure. :\

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, I always thought that was a bit off, especially for Japan. I mean, Anime usually doesn't have a real problem with violence and blood. It's just a matter of how much.

I always imagined Pokemon growing up with the generation it started with. I'd like to see that. Maybe put in a real villain that actually isn't afraid of killing people or destroying cities. Just something.

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
    Years
    SBaby said:
    Yeah, I always thought that was a bit off, especially for Japan. I mean, Anime usually doesn't have a real problem with violence and blood. It's just a matter of how much.

I always imagined Pokemon growing up with the generation it started with. I'd like to see that. Maybe put in a real villain that actually isn't afraid of killing people or destroying cities. Just something.

Ha! Something I also had in mind. A real villain will really do brighten up the series and I'm also longing for fight scenes, you konw, hand-to-hand combat or something like that.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Recknin said:
    you know when the pokemon talk to each other thats realy babish
    i would want that to go,some blood scenes would be cool 2,
    swearing aswell will make the anime better

...The Japanese version does have cussing... Ash cusses up a storm in the Japanese...

But I kinda like Pokemon how it is. Its POKEMON, its not suppose to have blood and make-out scenes!! x__x ...that would just...kinda screw it up in my opnion... Except for the light romance, that would be nice.

Last edited:
    Back