• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you think is better pokemon yellow or emerald

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years

How are they even comparable? Objectively speaking, Emerald blows Yellow out of the water in every regard. The only thing Yellow has going for it is the abilty to acquire all three of its generation starters without reset/trading.

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    Yellow all the way i still find so much joy in replaying yellow but i couldnt be bother to go beat the elite four in emerald to get an legendaries

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Yellows a great game, but its emerald for me, the graphics kinda turn me off from playing yellow

Years
    Yellow's an awesome game but I don't really get this voting poll because it's mostly biased. Emerald has excellent much,much better graphics than yellow.Emerald has newer features than Yellow and it includes with the first three generation's Pokemon. I vote for Emerald any way though the most enjoyable thing for me in Yellow was the E4 Champion Battle.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I think Emerald is better than Yellow because Emerald has Latias and Latios in it.

Kirbychuu

Chuuu!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2009
    Yellow is better imo. The newer releases can never beat the classics. They'll always hold a special place with me.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    I love Yellow...i didnt like the new generations too much :/

So yellow is my favorite :D

PS topic creator should add a poll

Years
    Well...

I liked the release of Yellow more, cause the graphics of the pkmn were much better then the ones in Pokémon R/B and you could get a Pikachu with Surf, and at the time it was released, I still watched the anime ( yeah, I was just a little boy that time) I was thrilled that you could fight Jesse and James :P at the game, which I thought was very awesome back then.

I was kinda dissappointed with Emerald, it was basicly the same game as R/S for me, I expected more of it. (Rebattling Gym Leaders, other twist in the story around the 2 criminal teams, just wasn't enough for me.)

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Yellow is a game that is based off of both a game and a show that was based off the same game. I think Yellow version sacrificed a bit too much gameplay value in order to make it more like the show. A gym leader with only one Pokemon? Come on.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I don't see why you would compare yellow with Emerald, but it would of been nice if you threw in Crystal and maybe Platinum as well. But I have to go with Emerald because it's better,

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I'd go with emerald cuz I prefer the genIII pokemon over the genI pokemon (Gasp! D=), also, any game that makes Koga have a party of venonats and a venomoth sucks.

Back