• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think of Platinum so far?

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I like the addition of move tutors and the new forms of Giratina and Shaymin. I think Rotoms new forms look kind of dumb but they will probably enhance his movepool making him more capable in UU as a Specs user. The Battle Frontier and the fact that the birds are running around Sinnoh will add more stuff to do.

His movesets and type in all five forms remain the same as his original form.

Anyway, I heard that they have different setups for the gyms. I was looking foward to that. I've only been to Oreburgh so far and wasn't impressed. But I do like the new sprites they used for the pokemon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I also ove the Palm trees and the new designs for the E4 rooms.

HackerGod

ROM Hacker
    Years
    I think it is really cool!And Garitina instead of Dialga/Palkia is AWESOME!!!I only know about PKMN Platinum from Marriland's videos,can't wait till tomoro(pkmn platinum in JAPAN!!!)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Yeah, I think the addition of Fire types to the Sinnoh dex is very useful.

A lot more versatility to play with then we can play the games much easier and faster, personally I'll pick Houndoom.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also The slightly harder computer players is so amazing.

RetroRS

Web Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    Even though it's in Japanese, I've tried the game and found that it still has the same basic feel as the other 4th generation games, however it has updates and a new overall feel to it that makes it seem to have exceeded Pearl and Diamond in the ages.

I think Platinum is the latest greatest, and everyone will be moving their Pokédex over to Platinum as soon as it comes out in America!!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Just noticed today as I was playing along, but some NPC trainers also use the decoration stickers for their Pokemon now, don't they?
    Also, it feels as though the battles are generally faster, which is a plus seeing how DP felt "slow".

And again, some of the new NPCs have awesome lines, like the guy from the 2nd floor of the GTS; "DAMMIT, why are there only snapshots of Pokemon?! Where are the snapshots of the GIRLS!?"

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I've also noticed that the Bug Catchers occasionally have a different Burmy Form.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Oh, and another thing.
    The capability to see the battle video of others is awesome!

Currently watching a video by a guy using Pokemon used by Ash.

Back