• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Shonen Jump's BIG THREE? (One Piece, BLEACH, Naruto)

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • Well, do you like all of them, two of them or one of them?

As for me...

I've already talked about BLEACH.

Well, do you?

As for me,

I have completely neutral feelings towards BLEACH.

Pros:

Good Characters
    Great Fight Scenes
    Good Concept
    Some of the characters from ZOMBIEPOWDER. have been improved

But on the Cons:

The Story in the Soul Society Saga was all over the place
    I liked the plot of the first couple of episodes, you know, Soul Reapers vs Hollows
    And some characters from ZOMBIEPOWDER. have gotten worse (Wolfina>Orihime)
    Fights are few and far apart

So, yeah,

6.1/10

It's gets the point one for having an epic soundtrack.

EDIT: 400th POST, I AM AWESOME FOR I HAVE NO LIFE AND HAVE POSTED HERE 400 TIMES!!

CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!!

2nd EDIT: I wrote seven? Not sure what I was thinking.

Naruto

Pros:

A few good characters
    A few good fights
    Zabuza arc is the only enjoyable arc
    And, that's about it

Cons:

Suffers from sever case of Sonic the Hedgehog Syndrom (TOO MANY FRIGGIN' CHARACTERS {VERY FEW OF WHICH HAVE BACKSTORIES})
    The fights are always one sided until the end (Naruto vs Kiba, Naruto vs Neji,
    And some characters that DO have backstories I RLY dislike
    A tournament? An excuse to have mindless, meaningless fight after mindless, meaningless fight. At least Shaman King had a PLOT between the tournament

So, in the end.

4/10

Now the one I ENJOY

One Piece

Pros

Good character development
    Original
    Truly touching backstories
    Spoiler:

Good action scenes
    Interesting Powers and interesting USE of powers
    Kooky, wacky art style fits kooky, wacky show

Cons

If you aren't interested by the Arlong Arc (episode 31-45), One Piece isn't for you
    Some of the action scenes are, like Naruto, one sided until the end (Sanji vs Kuroobi or Zoro vs Hatchan are perfect examples)
    Fugly animation
    REALLY FUGLY ANIMATION
    No, really, this is the most DISGUSTING ABUSE of Key Frames I've EVER seen in an anime
    Not really buying the whole, 'The Grand Line is a mysterious place where anything can happen.'
    Some powers are just, dumb (Kilo Kilo No Mi, THAT'LL come in handy)
    Did I mention the bad animation?
    Too Shonen for its own good
    Slow paced at points
    And finally, BAD FRIGGIN' ANIMATION!

But still, One Piece gets 8.1/10

It's gets the point one for having an epic soundtrack.

Although, this doesn't really matter, Dragon Ball PWNS all three of them without even trying.

So, what do you think of Shonen Jump's 3 big cash cows?

Just a side note, I plan on re-watching BLEACH, maybe I'll grow to like it. I dunno, maybe.

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I stopped with Jump anime, so on to manga...

None of them really, though One Piece is always a "wave", so sometimes it'll have its downs and sometimes its ups. Even then, I only read it when its interesting, and I usually just skim read it or just skip.
    Bleach and Naruto is really just a slow downhill road, so I skip it.

What I do like in current Jump:
    - Toriko
    - Nurarihyon no Mago
    - Medaka Box
    - Gintama (comedy episodes, don't like the "serious" arcs)
    - Pyuu yo fuku! Jaguar

I like Jump Square more :/

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I <3 One Piece! It's like the most amazing thing to me ever. lol. Wonderful characters, a story of which I'm really interested in, truly bad villains (which is absolutely essential for an Shounen's success IMO), and a great adventure where you don't know what's going to come next. Plus One Piece is actually a large story, it's not just arcs added onto each other. Of course it's huge and has a lot of arcs, but they're just part of a much larger story.

Bleach is okay. I used to really like it in the beginning, but lately I've just lost interest in it. There's just too much fighting, and I don't really care about the action because the villains just aren't built up enough for me. Plus the character's aren't anywhere near the level of One Piece's. Although they aren't bad.

Naruto? Well I can't say much about it. It was the one of the three that I could never catch onto. I couldn't ever catch onto it because the story didn't interest me at all and it's just full of annoying characters..

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • Hmm i don't like bleach as much as i used too. Well to be honest i never really liked it that much to begin with. Maybe because of all the dumb pointless arcs they have were they all become human or they do some dumb crap that really just puts off the real story. As manga wise it takes way to long just to get to the point. Yeah some characters are interesting but its kinda lame for them all to rely on ichigo.

Hmm lets see ohh yeah naruto in my eyes is a pretty good anime that keeps you entretained without many dumb arcs that make no senese. Actually only specials that give back stories to some of the important characters. Some times though it is slow. As for the manga? well its relaly exciting right now. I think ive had a good experience reading the last couple of 100 chapters specially the last one that came out. My god what a plot twist.

One piece then? oh i guess its ok. I use to love the show a lot but its just going so slow right now and its pretty obvious whats going to happen in the manga. As for the anime well its fun but its like reading the manga all over again. There are no discrepancies and its pretty repeated. Also has its dumb arcs or specials which waste time. The music varies from good to bad. Its an ok series but i really wish they would let the people train to become a bit stronger because they always pull something out of their arse.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • I think Bleach is great. No real qualms about it, not even the fillers. Love the characters and the opening songs (Minus 6 and 10) and some of the themes.

Never watched One Piece, nor do I want to.

Naruto... Is my most hated anime. Not one good thing about it.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I watched a bit of Bleach, up to the end of the Soul Society Arc. I have seen a few scattered eps of One Piece since two of my friends like the show and sometimes I would come over in the middle of an episode (but I know enough about the show to know what is going on even if I don't watch it), and I've only seen one ep of Naruto. Will not see any more.

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
  • first off, i read manga, i dont watch much anime

Naruto is me favorite of the three. what can i say? i just... like it. its fun. and i even cosplayed as Ino.

One Piece is pretty good. i like it just fine, and ill read it when i get the chance. its always good for a lol at the very least.

BLEACH... i didnt really like it. i only read one or two volumes... but it didnt interest me. it just... didnt click with me.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • With Naruto and Bleach, I watched the anime first, but with One Piece, I've always stuck with reading the manga.

I admit that I was pretty hooked to Naruto anime many years ago, but to tell the truth, the only character I really cared about was Rock Lee. The story was alright at the beginning, but I lost interest to it a long time ago. It seems the all they do now is cry over Sasuke (even though I haven't actually read through the recent chapters), but the main reason I don't like the series so much is still because I don't find the characters very likable.

One Piece is my absolute favourite of the tree. It has proven itself to be my favourite many times over the years with its lovable characters, comedy, sad backstories and the feeling of adventure. It feels weird to say that even though One Piece has 50+ volumes and the story is still at a half-way point, I feel like the story is constantly moving forward and towards a goal. I simply love all the main characters, and have both cried and laughed out loud countless times during this series. The only real complain I have is the fact that you can be almost sure that the important characters will never die, even if it's made to look like they did.

I really liked Bleach in the beginning, when Ichigo and Rukia were fighting Hollows by themselves. The story was also nice in Soul Society and even after it, but... How long has this 'final fight' thing lasted? Well, too long for me. It gets really boring to watch fights after another. Ichigo has become quite bland as well, I used to really like him before he lost most of his personality. Since I still like some characters in Bleach, I place before Naruto in my list. But it still isn't even close to my Top 5.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I like love Bleach and Naruto. In my opinion One Piece was HORRIBLE not that good.

Years
  • I've watched Bleach for as long as I can remember, and I'll admit the fillers do suck, (except the current Zanpakuto Rebellion), but it has one of the most unique story lines. Naruto was interesting, but I couldn't bring myself to watch Shippuden. Never really got into One Piece, and it's mostly due to the fact that I don't want to catch up to however many episodes there are now.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I think they all pretty much suck. Although I still read bleach, was the first few anime that got me properly into anime as a whole.

Gwens avatar makes my think,

What do you think of Shonen Jump's BIG THREE? (One Piece, BLEACH, Naruto)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Bleach is about the only one I really give a ---- about anymore. I never really got into One Piece, and Naruto is just plain annoying. Not going to go into the why's here though, because it would just cause arguments.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I don't particularly like One Piece, I dislike Bleach, and I despise Naruto. One Piece doesn't really capture my attention, Bleach doesn't carry out its purpose effectively, and Naruto... I don't think there exist words in this world that describe just how much I hate it. Everything about it, from the genre to the story to the characters just annoys the crap out of me. And don't get me started on the English dub, which sounds like a bunch of children screaming in my ears. Not to mention the kind of person that watches Naruto (and just Naruto) and then goes around telling everyone how they're some sort of expert on everything Japanese, and then go into places where people are talking about stuff not related to Naruto and they bring it up like it's some obscure thing that nobody knows about and then five more people come in when they see it posted and then suddenly a discussion about something interesting is now about Naruto and not to mention...

Yecch. Normally I don't go into threads specifically to hate on things, but this thread asked for opinions, so I opined.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I LOVE Bleach. Yes, it is a very violent series, I admit, but the interesting point is its transition. It started out as Ichigo being a normal delinquent who became a Shinigami by encountering with Rukia. After that, he became involved in a personal conflict within Soul Society. Through out the Soul Society arc, it revealed three main antagonist of the series that would create the main conflict for the current arc.

Naruto, it's alright for me. The series needs to focus more on Kiba.

I really like One Piece, I really do. It's just that I don't have time to start where I stopped in the manga and no cable means I can't watch the anime. :<

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • You wouldn't be able to watch One Piece even if you had cable.

FUNimation actually began streaming the uncut version of it recently... but apparently the streaming license wasn't all of that good and they've had to remove earlier episodes as they go along. =/

Years
  • Only Bleach for me =D
    It was an interesting series, mind you... Then the plot get somehow horribler and horribler.. I still read/watch it though, just for the sake of finding out every Captain's bankai, and just because Unohana is pure win.

I dunno. The plot seems to be in a mess now. =.=

Edelweiss

Oh so conventional
    Years
  • Shounen action series just aren't the type of anime/manga for me, so I don't watch any of the three, or at least not anymore.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I used to be really into Naruto, I was never really interested in One Piece or Bleach. I think all three of them are too long and have been milked dry.

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Hm...I ever liked to read Jump manga. I just don't like the "X-tards" who pop up for each hit, like Narutards, DBZtards and so on...

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • Lmao yeah i guess one thing thats bad about the big 3 are that fans take it a bit too far and make others kinda push back away from the series. So in my opinion i would say fans give off a bad mojo about the series to new comers or old timers.

Back