• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What do you think the Strange Souvenir is for?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You guys realize they update the game, right? We already "downloaded content"

Patches and giving us Pokemon that already exist don't count as DLC. DLC is like what we had on PMD. Extra content that didn't exist in the game before hand that adds to the experience of the game. In terms of free DLC, all I remember is some extra music downloads and more aesthetic hats for Ragnarok Odyssey. There are Monster Hunter Missions as well which added more monsters to hunt as well as a brand new element to deal damage with.

Updates aren't DLC though.

Krystah is also repeating exactly what Nintendo and Gamefreak have said.

Patches aren't DLC, DLC doesn't create changes. DLC only adds on to what is already there. Patches exist to fix errors remotely as they appear, you can Patch DLC content as well. Once a Patch is implemented its there permanently, DLC on the other hand is not. If you swapped PMD from one 3DS with all the DLC to a 3DS with no DLC, you lose the DLC content you had in your game.

Can you add items through Patching? Yes, you can, FF14 is doing so now, but its not likely that Pokemon will follow with this due to their statement they made about not wanting to sell an unfinished game.

"I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That's a key point for Game Freak."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I meant adding ways to get new pokemon thrpugh updates

Updates are there to fix issues rather than add content. Even still, as I edited in earlier, the general view is no to adding in extra content by the creators. They don't like the idea of selling unfinished games. Adding content is the same as selling an unfinished game to them.

What we get are events, which are Pokemon and or Items that already exist in our games. Some may not be attainable without the use of these events.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    DLC just isn't a Pokemon thing, and, like Khrysta said above, Nintendo/Gamefreak don't like posting unfinished games.

Anywho, back onto the Strange thing. Since I haven't obtained it or know where it is, I won't be much help in this. However, it might be something to be used to trigger an event or something.

Back