• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does everyone have against Ubers?

StyxFTW

Be reckless
    Years
    Pokemon are Pokemon. Who cares about who uses ubers? Any Pokemon team can be defeated. So what does everyone have against them? They have feelings, too. Okay maybe not but you get the idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I don't have anything against them, but they can be a pain to deal with. I mean, sure, it's possible to KO a full Ubers team with a full NU team, but it's extremely hard/annoying.

If you mean in-game play, I think they're fine to use, but needing to use legendaries takes some of the fun out of beating the game with 6 pokemon you've trained otherwise.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    Darkshiek hits the target!

Some people just dont like using Ubers/legends cause they are way to powerful to actually have fun with. Now if it were a 6 on 6 Uber/legend I would like that. But I just dont use ubers and I rarley use legends.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I just don't like using leendaries regardless of whether they're uber or not. I occasionally make a team around a pseudo-legendary but that's it.

I've got nothing against fighting them, but I find them boring to use personally. D:

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    Depends on the situation. If it was 6v6 Ubers, then that's fine. If, by "Uber," you're also including some of the weaker ones such as Celebi and Zapdos, then that's fine in a regular match. It's just not my idea of fun to use a team of my favorite Pokemon against a team of Kyogre, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Mew, Arceus and Darkrai.

Weaker legendaries, fine, but the most powerful ones can only be fought realistically with other Ubers.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Depends on the situation. If it was 6v6 Ubers, then that's fine. If, by "Uber," you're also including some of the weaker ones such as Celebi and Zapdos, then that's fine in a regular match. It's just not my idea of fun to use a team of my favorite Pokemon against a team of Kyogre, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Mew, Arceus and Darkrai.

Weaker legendaries, fine, but the most powerful ones can only be fought realistically with other Ubers.
    UBER IS A TIER IT DOESNT INCLUDE ALL LEGENDARIES AND INCLUDES SOME NON LEGENDARIES SUCH AS WOBUFFET AND GARCHOMP ( i put it in caps so ppl will get the difference)

also tiers are so that ppl can play with pokemon that sometimes cant compete in normal matches..... like bibarel
    and most ubers have cheap base stats not found on normal pokemon so thats a advantage.

Yeah use a team with some ubers against one without
    one, arceus blows all other pokemon out of the water with base stats that are 120 each meaning it can be a tank or any kind of sweeper
    anyways many tournaments have one uber rules in which only one uber is allowed usually they ban giratina though where i live... EPIC WALL

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Yeah, I'm with DarkShiek here. I'd be a little more than scared if I had a Giratina giving my Tangrowth the evil eye.

I don't have anything against Ubers. I just lack the access and/or the patience to get a whole synergized Uber team together. If I have to chuck 80 Ultra Balls at Cresselia to catch it, then I'm keeping it, I'm not going to go back and do it all over again to make sure it's the right nature or what have you.
    I also find that I tend to enjoy my Pokémon more when I've leveled them up from the beginning (or close to the beginning). If I can't stand fighting with them for enough levels to get them at least partially EV trained then I most likely won't use them. Same goes with legendaries, once I catch them I sometimes fight with them a few times but then find that I'm just bored with them.

Years
    i dont think its fair that sometimes people dont let me use my dragonite >.> i trained it myself ever since it was a young little dratini.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    UBER IS A TIER IT DOESNT INCLUDE ALL LEGENDARIES AND INCLUDES SOME NON LEGENDARIES SUCH AS WOBUFFET AND GARCHOMP ( i put it in caps so ppl will get the difference)

Yes, I'm aware of the tier system, but I've seen many people confuse legendaries and Ubers, so I was trying to address both legendaries and Ubers.

If there where no "rules" in competitive play then everyone would end up with almost identical teams just choosing the top 6 'mon.

And this is the point I was trying to get at. If Ubers were legal, that's ALL people would use. Even taking out those top guys, we have problems with select Pokemon being used far too often (Scizor and Blissey come to mind...). Not saying we should ban every single Pokemon that shows its face more than once in a hundred games, but the reason there are 500 Pokemon is that variety is a wanted result.

AikuSeverin

Dark Trainer
    Years
    i used to train ubers, before i discovered what they were, wondered why the elite 4 was so easy, but after i changed my type specialty and since the only uber dark is Darkrai (which i cant get it anyway) ill never realy use an uber till they make one i could catch, even then i dont really like using ubers respectively, i like a battle thats long and tactical, like poisoning and confusion

i did verse an uber the other day, he obviously didnt know much about dark types (like using a mew and mewtwo and lugia against me) if he hadve known how to fight darks then id be screwed

if someone fights me n has 1 or 2 ubers, and they are using it cause they like the pokemon because of the looks or cause of something else not related to stats or power, then yea im fine with that. Gaming is about playing what you wanna play!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I don't have alot against Ubers, its just that they are very annoying to take down.

Like everybody said, if its a all out Uber battle its very fun. But if its my own favourite and trained pokemon, against a guy who only uses Darkrai and uses Dark Void, its gets very annoying.

Back