• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What dueling program do you prefer?

Years
    Attention duelists!

I will be your host for the upcoming Yugioh Tournament for the 8th Get-Together, taking place on the 15th of July to the 18th. I need to know which program the majority of players here prefer to use for the tournament.

Duels will most likely be carried out over Dueling Network. This is subject to change depending on what the majority of duelists prefer. It is difficult but possible to do a full match on Dueling Network - there would need to be a degree of trust between each players to side deck legally. This may be an issue for some people though, so other options for dueling include Yugioh Virtual Desktop or Duel Monsters Genesis. Each have their pros and cons and I leave it up to the players to come to a mutual agreement on which program to use for dueling.

Voice your preferences away!

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Dueling Network.

Failing that, I think actually DMG (or... Magic and Wizards Online as it's called now, herp derp) is the best option. It actually has Exceeds now and is quite up-to-date.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I think Dueling Network would be best. It seems very good from what I've seen, but failing that, it would have to be DMG/MWO. But Dueling Network seems very reliable and good, so lets go with that ;)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Only caveat I have with Duelnet; it has no Exceeds and therefore you can't go all like "OVERLAY! EKUSHIZU SHOUKAN! ARAWARE YO, NUMBAZU SANJUUKYUU -" yeah you get the idea. : I

Also it's missing a couple of miscellaneous functions like pick up cards and stuff.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Only caveat I have with Duelnet; it has no Exceeds and therefore you can't go all like "OVERLAY! EKUSHIZU SHOUKAN! ARAWARE YO, NUMBAZU SANJUUKYUU -" yeah you get the idea. : I

Also it's missing a couple of miscellaneous functions like pick up cards and stuff.

Yeah I agree, but it would be soooo much easier than WMO ;/ But I would like to go all EKUSHIZU SHOUKAN! But, easiest way possible I guess.

Years
    A clear cut winner has been determined. We will use Dueling Network for the tournament. Thanks everyone for your opinions, much appreciated.

Years
    Honestly I had one duel in this dueling network crap and did so many illegal things. Nobody plays by the rules. Not to mention I dunno how the hell you activate monster effects, anyone can explain this to me?

Years
    Honestly I had one duel in this dueling network crap and did so many illegal things. Nobody plays by the rules. Not to mention I dunno how the hell you activate monster effects, anyone can explain this to me?

Your first point shouldn't be a problem for this tournament as ideally everyone will have at least the basic knowledge of how to duel.

That's one of the flaws with Dueling Network. You have to state in the chat (right of the duel field) that you wish to activate a monster effect and ask whether the opponent has any response. Annoying but that's how it is.

Last edited:

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    On dueling network it's pretty much like you're playing IRL. You aren't allowed to do things to your opponents cards or life points. Most of the commands are in the program but some things, life monster effects, you have to say something to your opponent when you're doing it.

Years
    What and I supposed to say? Something like activate (flip) effect: *monster name*?

Basically yes. Just think of it as if you were dueling them face to face. You have to announce when you wish to activate a monster's effect. Ideally, Dueling Network would have had an option listed to say 'monster effect' and upon clicking that, the game would notify the opponent that you were using that card's effect, but sadly it does not have this feature.

Years
    Deulling Network is alright (and has everything single card ever released) but the annoying thing is people can easily cheat and there are often arguments over technicalities because not everyone likes generic decks because people are so used to seeing the same cards. I would say the World Championship Games for the DS are excellent as a program, although they don't come with all the cards ever released, partly because they are use OCG not TCG if you get what I'm saying.

Years
    Two words: TCG EXLUSIVES. ._.;
    I'm pretty sure I touched on the fact the game doesn't have TCG exclusives, but on the plus side is has OCG exclusives to make up for that. I was annoyed I couldn't find the card Chaos Hunter. As I said the only problem I can with dueling network is arguments over rulings.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    If i had to pick one of these it would be YVD, however the best dueling program i ever used was GKO(Game King Online) I dunno if you guys remember it but I do I tried to buy it to keep it alive i was sl close too but lost and I wish i hadnt

Back