• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What factors influence whether or not you like a Pokémon?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    The very last factor that determines my interest in a pokemon, how popular is it. That may sound shallow, but it's the pokemon that are used by everyone or that are obviously in your face powerful, are the pokemon I prefer to stay away from. When I used to play online or with friends, I was just tired of seeing the same pokemon over and over again, and the pokemon that were used over and over again, they were only picked because obviously powerful pokemon are obviously powerful. Just seeing the same old teams over and over again broke the interest of playing the really powerful pokemon. So I found more fun in looking at alternative pokemon, pokemon that were commonly ignored

I'm actually quite similar! I find myself disliking really popular Pokemon a lot. I think part of it stems from the fact that my taste in Pokemon isn't similar to what's seen as universally popular (all the cool and tough-looking Pokemon) so for me, part of it is a reflex "ugh my favourite is better" reaction, but then part of me just wants to go against what the status quo is and, like you said, find cool things about those forgotten Pokemon. For example, I don't like Lucario. It's cool, good typing, strong, cool basis, but everyone loves it (especially around DPPt) so I was just like, nah I'll find a different Pokemon to like.

Years
    For me it is how it look and personality. For example I like Latias more than Latios as Latias gives off a friendly and fun personality, while Latios seems more serious.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Canine-featured Pokemons are those that I love most I find-- Vulpix, Ninetales, Absol, Eevee and it's evolution to name a few.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    I think appearance is what brings me to wanting most Pokemon, but other factors include their uniqueness or if they're strong in battle. Not always the strongest power houses, but if they hold their own and have their own ways of taking down their opponent. Also when I'm playing later generations, if I see a Pokemon from earlier generations, say a Pidgey, a Growlithe or something like a Mareep, I can't help but catch it and use it for those nostalgic feels man. Always enriches the playing experience a little bit :D

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Nearly always gravitate towards Pokemon that I like the design of. I don't mind if they're small, round and cute like Poliwag or big, powerful and badass like Tyrantrum.

Back