• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What game copies pokemon?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • Well let's see, Monster Rancher was on, PlayStation, Game Boy Color, PlayStation 2, Game Boy Advance in that order I believe, and soon Nintendo DS, sweeties.

Years
  • Any game WITH Multiple versions can be consitered a rip off of Pokemon. Not in the sence of the game itself, but the multiple versions thing was Pokemon first. Bomberman, Megaman EXE, and even Zelda can be classifyed as ripping off Pokemon's Multiple version thing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Daviku said:
    Any game WITH Multiple versions can be consitered a rip off of Pokemon. Not in the sence of the game itself, but the multiple versions thing was Pokemon first. Bomberman, Megaman EXE, and even Zelda can be classifyed as ripping off Pokemon's Multiple version thing.
    Are you serious?

Multiple versions = rip off of Pokemon?

It's just a scheme to take the money out of your pockets.

Damn Nintendo's money scheming ways!

Oh well, I still love them.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I mentioned Robopon's multiple version thing because I think it, like Pokemon, had a trading aspect. I'm not entirely sure though.

As for Zelda... The Oracle games link together but in a different sense than Pokemon. It just applies some changes to your game. Beat one game, link with the other before you play and the story will be altered slightly to act as a direct sequel to the game you just played. The Oracle games were two seperate games, not the same game with a few differences like Pokemon.

I wouldn't classify games that connect with eachother as a Pokemon innovation. It was done before that. Sonic on the Genesis, anyone?

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Friggin, Inuyasha and the cursed mask. Okay, so you have this original character exclusive to the game right?? Alright, next you walk from town to town. Demons appear out of no where as you are walking. Just like Pokemon, appear out of no where, when you walk in the tall grass.

Also the turn based thing, yeah almost all RPG's have it. But this one reminded me too much of pokemon. You could have up to, six pokemon. In this one, you get six team members. The Original Character, Inyuasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Shippo. Yes, even little whiny baby Shippo fights. The PP system is sort of in this too. Except there are three little dots, that represent, when you can use a special, applies to all specials. If you dont have any dots, you are forced, to normal combat means.

roadkill ralph

aaaahh!!! Poke-freaks!
    Years
  • I just remembered another game I traded in after beating it in two weeks. Lord of the Rings the Third Age has orks and urak-ai that pop up from the ground.

Years
  • Popping out of grass is something almost all early RPGs did!
    Yugio: Falsebond Kindom.
    Pokemon, But with less of everything. Only can have 3 monsers at a time. Only one attack per monster. The moving system was, however, atleast a rip-off of other RPGs instead... Worst game I ever purchased, was ten at the time.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I love how your in most cases your average RPG based game is being said as a Pokemon copy in this thread. >>;

Digimon came before Pokemon, thus nullifying your point, ~Tidus~.

Please people, games with monsters in them, or turn-based RPGs are not copies of Pokemon, they were around looong before Pokemon was...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Jeremy said:
    I could have sworn at least one YGO game ripped of Pokémon...

Really? I've played just about all of them and I never noticed a ripoff...well, TFK had a...nope, YGO never ripped off Pokemon.

MegaLightBlaze said:
    Yugio: Falsebond Kindom.
    Pokemon, But with less of everything. Only can have 3 monsers at a time. Only one attack per monster. The moving system was, however, atleast a rip-off of other RPGs instead...

...The battle system was a ripoff of Final Fantasy, NOT Pokemon. The 3-monster teams and combination attacks (can you say LIMITS??) proves it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    There is a game called Dragon Quest Monsters. I have never played it, but it's supposed to remind of Pokémon. Still it cannot have copied Pokémon since it first appeared in the 80's to NES/Famicom.

Back