• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen what game version do you prefer? Gold or Silver?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i prefer silver.. i don't realy know why but i like it more..
    thats way i buy SoulSilver for my DS..

what about you?

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I got both games for my birthday years ago but I always had a preference for Pokémon Gold. Ho-oh was my favourite Mascot of that series. I got HeartGold for that very reason. :P

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I prefer Gold, I really like the concept of Ho-oh, thats not to say Lugia isnt awsome because I think he is, but I prefer Ho-oh and spend most of my time in Ecruteak because its buildings remind me of the temple I used to visit as a kid. Though in reality both games are so alike it doesnt really matter to me.

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    Gold.
    idk why, probably because I played it first and just got used to it. Somehow, when I played Silver, the "feel" was different.

monsutafangs

тнαт вσу ιѕ α мσηѕтєя~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Gold. I liked the sprites better ;D! Though, I got Soul Silver this time around

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    Definitely Silver...mostly 'cause I liked Lugia at the time, and didn't know about Ho-Oh. Even though I do know about Ho-Oh now...I still like Lugia more.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Silver. <3
    I almost always buy the games based on which color or stone is prettiest, which worked out in the case of G/S because Lugia >>>>> Ho-oh.

Gold.
    idk why, probably because I played it first and just got used to it. Somehow, when I played Silver, the "feel" was different.
    I felt the same when I got Gold. The two games might as well be one, but somehow Silver just felt better.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I started out with Gold and its been always my main game to focus on. Same goes for HG since it makes sence from my past.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I chose Gold initially, but I think I prefer Silver purely for the selection of version-exclusive Pokemon available.

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Silver because it was the third pokemon game I ever played, first of this generation. Although, I like the pokemon in Gold much better. The favoritism of Silver is simply due to nostalgia.

ChaoticArchon

The First Generation Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Silver. I don't care too much for the Legendaries.

Skarmory >> Gligar
    Donphan = Ursaring
    Persian > Primeape
    Ninetales < Arcanine

...so Silver wins by a little bit. I love Donphan. STAB Earthquake with 120 Base Attack is a beautiful thing. Also, elephants rock.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    Gold. No doubt about it.

Maybe because that was the first Pokémon game I've ever actually owned (and the only one, if I don't count the R/B/Y Pinball).

Also, Gligar is made of win.
    Ho - Oh > Lugia.
    Arcanine >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ninetales.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I got Silver first but I like Gold more since some of the sprites are really bad in Silver, not bad just they look like a completely different Pokemon.

what game version do you prefer? Gold or Silver?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    i prefer gold alot more, its more fun and i dno just the places u have to go and etc. is more exciting

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I like gold better. Sprites and everything. like places you can visit.

Back