• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Graphics Would You Prefer?

What Graphics Would You Prefer?

• Fire Red - Leaf Green Style

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • Diamond - Pearl Style

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Either - I Like Both xD

Votes: 23 19.2%

• Total voters

RockmanEXE

Unova?
Years
  • I love the D/P/Pt style. I just hope that the new Pokemon sprites are to die for.
    They're supposed to be remaking all 251 Pokemon sprites. Bulbasaur through Celebi.

I'm hoping Flaffy gets an adorable revamp ...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    D/P just because it's a 4th Gen game no point in downgrading the graphics

There is a hack by Zel a guy that use to come on here called Pokemon ShinyGold thats off of FireRed

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • D/P just because it's a 4th Gen game no point in downgrading the graphics

There is a hack by Zel a guy that use to come on here called Pokemon ShinyGold thats off of FireRed
    Like we really don't know of shinygold the hack that basically helped PC grow.(yes I was kidding)

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I didn't like the Fr/Lg graphics, but for the most part I really don't care what they put. I just want to be able to tell what everything is.

Years
  • If anyone honestly cared about the graphics, no one would have even played the originals. It's about the game play. That's more important. I like the current graphics they have now. Platinum so far had the best graphics before this game. (Way better than DP. Dp was awful. How could they make a guy dress that way? How could they? At least Platinum gave him much better clothing and better color palette.) I like the graphics they have now, and I'm glad the gyms in this game look different than the old ones. Those candles look awesome in Morty's gym. It's so classy! The Dance Theater looks gorgeous, and I finally like seeing sand in a Pokemon game. Cianwood has the best color sand. It looks incredible. I love it! The sand in most of the other games looks awful in my honest option. Also, the lava actually looks nice in this game! :D It looks very realistic and not like tomato soup.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I prefer Platinums graphics over the GBA remakes. Seeing it improved in HG/SS is great. The area around Slowpoke Well and the shots we've seen inside the Gyms look fantastic.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • You want FR/LG graphics in a remake? Go play ShinyGold. We already know from the commercial and every other source of information that remakes will definitely be in DPP graphics.

hackritus

Challenger
    Years
  • What I really think is going on in this whole change of graphics is the Pokemon Company is easing us forward into the world of tomorrow. They're taking the 2D graphics and flushing them down the toilet and replacing them with this 2.5-D stuff. This makes the games less boring too and, with large success, attracts non-players and players alike to go buy and play them. Taking in the whole picture, I think they're pushing forward so that eventually they'll get into 3D graphics on the handhelds (much later, of course). But personally, I enjoyed the 2D graphics. Don't get me wrong though. I understand where they're coming from. Keeping people engaged in these games is what its all about, right? And what better than to wipe the slate clean and create an entirely new look and feel to the game? This brings the thought of 3D to our attention and I'd reeeeeally enjoy playing in 3D instead of the bridge between them. Then there'd be no need for a separate screen for battles! ...All in theory, of course.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • What's with the antagonism against the D/P/PT graphics? Battle sprites and effects looked better than any previous Pokemon game, and my only complaint about the overworld is the lack of anti-aliasing on some objects.

If you have to nitpick about D/P/Pt, nitpick on the story and the crappy pokemon designs like I do. >_>

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Honestly, the graphics are not what makes the game good. So I wouldn't care even if they kept the same graphics from the original GSC, as long as it was compatible with DPPt, up-to-date, and full of fun gameplay. Plus both styles have their own charms, so I'm sure either one could end up looking nice.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • It's not that I don't like the FR/LG graphics, but I think it'd be odd to go from good graphics to okay graphics. Also, it'd be a little strange for people who have been playing D/P/Pt a lot.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I think the D/P/P graphics were a great improvement, they look very good in my opinion. Sure, I needed some time to get used to it but they were better than the 2 dimensional ones from adavanced gen (especially R/S/E looked bad imo).
    I'm very satisfied with how it looks.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • It'd be nice if they used the DPPt graphics, but made them look more natural. You know, not have the trees look like big green blobs like in D/P. Platinum was a lot better, IMO. I really don't care, as long as we get the games.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • I would prefer 3-D graphics. They look nicer and show for more modern graphics. They wouldn't look as nice on the DS than they would on the PSP, but I still prefer 3-D graphics to 2-D, though I still like my RPGs as 2-D for some reason.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I liked FrLg a lot, especially graphics, but Diamond/Pearl did a pretty nice job too, even though you can easily see mappin/programmin' mistakes that Game freak did, and that makes me feel that those games are unstable. The graphics themselves are OK, but just too cartoonish at some points... Platinum did a better job, but HGSS is a big stage ahead of all the others so far. I just hope I get that unstable feel again...

*I voted Both, BTW*

Years
  • I already like the HGSS graphics better than the FrLg ones. (Although it's easier to sprite the FrLg overworlds, the HGSS graphics show more detail and the sprites look a lot better.) I prefer the graphics they have now.

hackritus

Challenger
    Years
  • I already like the HGSS graphics better than the FrLg ones. (Although it's easier to sprite the FrLg overworlds, the HGSS graphics show more detail and the sprites look a lot better.) I prefer the graphics they have now.

Are you saying you've already hacked D/P/Pt? I'd really like to find a Map Editor for 'em...PM me if you know anything else. I'd really appreciate it!

Back