• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What has your luckiest catch been so far?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
  • I was chaining and after 3 or 4 chains I got a shiny Hawlucha. It's my first shiny in Y so far.

IcePrincess

Ice & Ghost Type Lover ♥
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Caught Mewtwo yesterday with 3 Ultra Balls! Half health too woo!

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years
  • Shiny Poliwhirl caught with a Critical Capture, what are the odds of that? Like that's not even rhetorical, I'd calculate the odds myself but I'm too stupid for math!

Years
  • A shiny Espurr that appeared on the FS my nephew's FC opened while I was looking for an abra. It had 31 iv in atk and spd, I still happy and it's been weeks now :)

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    I don't know about luckiest, but I would have to say the most memorable catch for me in X and Y would have to be my encounter with a shiny Wingull.

During my playthrough run of the game, I've heard about being able to trigger a Horde Encounter with any Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent. I thought it was pretty cool since this method allows you to trigger the encounters without having to farm for Honey. So I went ahead and caught an Oddish to test it out in case I needed to trigger the encounters in the future. Surprisingly, my first triggered Horde Encounter had the shiny Wingull. I was definitely not expecting it to show up, especially since my focus was purely to test out the mechanic.

It was my first shiny in X and Y, and needless to say I was very happy with the catch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2013
    In Pokemon Y: caught Mewtwo on 2nd ultra ball and caught Zygarde with relative ease too. Never had an easier time catching the legendaries than I did in Pokemon Y. Still have to bump into Moltres a few more times before I get a chance to catch it.

Years
    • Age 23
    • No.
    • Seen May 1, 2014
    Hmm...

Let's say I caught this 5 IV Magic Bounce Timid Nature Abra in the Friend Safari.
    I was like "Hell yeah!!!!".

And... not counting as a catch, but I bred my recently bred 31 IV Special Attack and Speed Greninja holding a Destiny Knot with a Hasty Ditto holding an Everstone, and the result was a Shiny Hasty Froakie with 31 IV Special Attack and Speed. I was so amazed that I was left speechless.

Years
  • After trying for a week to catch a shiny sliggoo in a friend safari, I gave up and worked on filling the dex for a while. Yesterday, I decided to go back to that friend safari for old times sake and BOOM! The first pokemon I encountered was a shiny sliggoo.
    The best part is that it has gooey and 31 ivs in def, sp def, and speed.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Holy Crap!
    I cant believe my luck!
    My 3rd(and probably last) shiny eevee came only 5 eggs after the second.
    and surprisingly: it is FEMALE
    ivs:31/x/31/31/31/31
    nature:MODEST (without everstone!)
    ability: anticipation
    this is gonna definitely be my espeon! how should i nickname her?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    My luckiest catch would be when I was wandering around my friend safaris & as I was leaving, I came across a shiny Spiritomb :) First shiny ever!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    i think mine had to be randomly finding zoroark i love that pokemon and i caught him in a quickball with one shot. :)

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    So many tales about people catching shines...

I really don't believe in luck, and maybe that's why Lady Luck hates me. I've never gotten anything worthwhile. Unless catching a Mewtwo with nearly full HP counts.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    It's not exactly a catch, but I hatched a non-masuda method shiny bulbasaur in less than 20 eggs while chain breeding for a prefect kangaskhan.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    i also had a random run in with a shiny phantump in friend safari caught that one pretty quick to. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    I run into a shiny geodude in a horde. Luckily it survived a magnitude. It was my first shiny too so I was actually happy to get a shiny geodude :)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Got a few VERY LUCKY captures when playing X, First was a critical capture, caught Shiny Relicanth instantly, also caught Shiny Riolu when I was hunting for one, got real Lucky it appeared after about 20 mins, and got REAL Lucky yesterday when I caught shiny Pidgey (it knew whirlwind but the one Time he used it, failed and I threw in a Quick Ball, caught!) pretty excited so far! ^_^

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Modest Mewtwo, koff~

and full IVs. I call that a great job well done in my book. Other than that, I've always captured what I've needed to. Except those dittos that died. Poor ditto death, koffi~

Back