• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Have You Learned From Pokémon?

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Seriously:
    I learn to memorize random things. o.o;;

Jokingly:
    I learned that you can't brag that you captured a mythical or super ancient Pokemon.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    seriously:
    size and strength isn't every thing

jokingly:
    fire hurts grass bad(no wonder I failed science)

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    It taught me the meaning of so many different words. Paralyze, antidote, agility, leech, leer, screech, bide... and those were just some of the words I learned before I reached Cerulean City.

Speaking of Cerulean, colors as well. I had Pokémon Yellow and every town I visited was colored approximately like its name. I didn't even realize that until I got to Lavender Town, a color I did know. XD

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Speaking of Cerulean, colors as well. I had Pokémon Yellow and every town I visited was colored approximately like its name. I didn't even realize that until I got to Lavender Town, a color I did know. XD

XD

It reminds me that I learnt that Cerulean is a color!

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    Absolutely nothing.

When you think you're learning something of value from a ten-year old, overhyped RPG game you know that it's the sign of the start of mental deterioration.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Seriously: There are evil people out there, without a red "R" on their shirts.
    Jokingly: Being thirsty is enough of an excuse for a guard not to let you past a gate...
    ... but if you give one guard something to drink, he will be able to share it with his colleagues, without leaving his post. ( I'm talking about the Saffron City guard, of course )

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    8191/8192 of every species in the world is exactly identical.

Tell me about it :/

Seriously: Pokemon will always give your imagination a run for its money.
    Jokingly: 10-year olds can control fire breathing dragons and miscellaneous other creatures.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Seriously:
    - I have turned from an idiot who just attacks in every battle and doesn't care what moves I use, etc etc, and became a better Pokemon trainer who looks at stats, uses good strategies, and doesn't use attacks, like, EVERY turn.
    - Learning more words, like "Gulliotine", and... and... I don't know what else.
    - Patience. If your Battle Hall streak (in fact, 49, one kill away from the Brain) gets chopped off by a Staraptor, DON'T throw the DS on the floor. (Actually, I didn't, but if I were a bit younger, I would do it. Seriously.)

Jokingly:
    - Learn from a complete twit and you will fail. Epic-ly.
    - Don't be a Failplup/FailAsh. You'll die.
    - It is possible for a pink blob to mate with pixellated creatures. Mmm, yisssssss...

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Although I learned a lot more from a certain other video game character than from Pokemon, I did learn a few things from Pokemon, including:

-What psychic abilities, especially telekinesis and hypnotism, are. Before I watched the episode "Abra and the Psychic Showdown", I didn't even know what the word "psychic" meant!
    -Never brag about having stolen something to the victim.
    -Focus and trust in your abilities result in success.
    -Even villains should change their character over the course of the story.
    -Glass is a good electricity barrier.
    -Mind over muscle.

Joking lessons:

-A person with an IQ of 5,000 can only say his/her name.
    -Psychics are afraid of the dark.
    -Many bugs can use psychic abilities.
    -The fastest way out of a cave is to either use a rope or dig a hole.
    -The best way to get rare and expensive stuff is to either look on the ground or steal it from other people. Begging also works.
    -It is impossible to die of poison.
    -It is possible for a single father to have a child. All he needs is a certain type of magic pink putty.
    -It is possible for someone who is physically weak to be the leader of a gym.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Seriously:Uh...I guess I got improved memory skills.

Jokingly: Capturing animals and making them fight each other for the entertainment of humans is not only accepted, but enjoyed.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Now that you bring it up...

Pokemon can be beheaded and yet come back to life at any Pokemon center or with any revive, max revive or sacred ash. Or that revival herb thing.

did you see the episode where a metapod got cut in half by guillotine???
    WTH HAPPEND???????/
    scared the crap out of me

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    What have I learned. Well, Pokemon was the show that when I started watching it again, finally gave me some self-esteem and confidence in myself. Don't know why, but Pokemon makes me happy, almost always. So I've learned from Pokemon that I think be more of an optimist and never give up! ^_^

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Seriously: Probably that I have more of a photographic memory now.

Jokingly: That I really want to try and make Poffin. Just boil water with a few raspberries or something.

Back