• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
Years
  • I hate Whitney and Erika. Get your big girl panties on, Erika, my Dragonite just took a dump on your team. Normal types become whipped so easily by other types, and Grass is just too easy to beat.

I love Clair though. We sorta have the same attitude and her outfit is pretty grade A. Too bad she gets wiped out constantly by my Ice-Beaming Dragonite. ^^​

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Whitney. Whitney, Whitney, Whitney, omg, Whitney. Her Miltank. I absolutely hate it. XDDDD.

I actually don't mind Clair, it's just her Kingdra that's difficult.

DarkShadows

Stuck in the A b y s s
    Years
  • I hated Whitney due to her annoying milktank -_-. She cried when I beat her and didnt give me my badge, after that my HG got corrupted due to my dog jumping off the bed into my ds. I had to face her AGAIN.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I have to say the girl with the Steelix, I had to put my Quilava back on the team since Hypno and Alakazam were unable to finish the job.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Back in Gold, it would've been a mix of Whitney, Jasmine, Clair and Blue.

In HeartGold however, Whitney was extremely easy (or easier) for me, instead Bugsy was rather irritating with his more powerful Scyther and only Clair and Blue gave me trouble elsewhere.

But Bugsy was the biggest surprise, so I'd go with him on the poll.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Bugzy, in every game that he features in he always manages to get a Critical Hit. Every single time.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • I've actually never had a problem with Whitney, no matter which starter I chose.

For me, I would have to say Chuck. I don't know, but his Pokémon always hit so hard. I'm not the best one with defenses, I should work on that... Hm...

But yes, Chuck's Pokémon were actually very annoying. -_-

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Whitney and her dang Rollout. D; If my Quilava didn't know Flamewheel by that time, I always died!!
    Plus she was all whiny and cried about losing...
    And second, I hate Jasmine. Making me heal her dang Pokemon... I just wanna kick Team rockets's butt and get to the Pokemon league, dang it. D:< (Haha, just kidding, I actually loved the fact that I got to heal her Pokemon. XD Just, everytime I didn't have Typhlosion, I had Meganium, which was a tough fight...)

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • my most hated gym leader hands down would have to be whitney. i can do really well against all her pokemon except her miltank. when it comes out, she just "spams the a button on" rollout. by the time i beat her all my pokemon are a much higher level than morty's team in mahogany town which makes all the gym leaders exceptionally easy.

And second, I hate Jasmine. Making me heal her dang Pokemon...

technically you weren't healing her pokemon, on the account that the ampharos is only used for the lighthouse and is not a member of her team when she fights you. the healing of the ampharos is just to see her caring nature to all pokemon.

Last edited:

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I love Whitney, and I love all of 'em, honestly. xD

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • It's hard to choose because all the gym leaders of Gen.2 were great but, if I had to pick one based on personality I would pick Chuck because this dude seems to have no life at all because his wife says he never leaves the gym. I see a lot of Whitney haters and I can say I like Whitney but hate her Miltank.

Future_Chaos

Obsessed with Eelektross
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Whitney- it took me like 53894 times to beat her, and she is just so....ERRRUGH D8<

...and Bugsy, jus' 'cos...

...he has purple hair... :>

Back