• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What i want in a pokemon game!

tkay1493

Water pokemon Trainer!
    Years
    I personaly want alot in a future pokemon game...
    -I want every town that Ash and Co. visited during there pokemon journey.
    -Yes i know that would make a GIANT map, but it means more side quest and fun things to do.
    -I also want to visit every region, and creme the E4.
    -And a new GTS system...
    -And something like PBR where you can battle random people on WIFI.
    -I want all event pokemon accesable...
    too much to ask? i dont think so!
    -I also want to view pokemon like in pokemon ranger.
    WHere you ahve to run after them to battle them!
    wayy better!
    -More 3-D stuff. Please... take a look at animal crossing wild world... something more like that.
    -Season would be major! And i would love it!
    -Different weather based on the season and where you live!
    the game could chekc the local weather from WIFI!
    -Updatable patches (new regions PKM ect.) from a USB output on your PC.
    - Character customization. EVer play sims2 for DS? Not the best but there is customization and i like it!
    - More rivals!
    - CHoose if you want peopl to tagg along wiht you or not.
    -NO TRIPPLE BATTLES
    -Poekmon to fallow you. any or all pokemon in your team!
    -New surf sprite! Not the stupid blue thing but a surf sprite for any pokemon that could learn surf.
    - Same thing for flying.
    -Flying is a new land. its the skys above the reagion, filled wiht FLYING pokemoN! so why nto control where you fly!
    - More fishing interactioN! Use the styles to move the rod where yopu want to catch water pokemon or items.
    - btter underground system
    - more in game trades
    - feed you pokemon poke'food! if you dont feed them for a while they start to not love you.
    - pokemon say there names not the stupid cries...

What do you want to see in the newest pokemon game?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    A lot of what you're asking is pretty demanding for limited space. I'm not sure how much information a DS game card can actually hold, but I really don't think it has enough storage room to store map, character, event, dialogue, encounter, and music data for four (or more, if you're counting the side games) regions, every city and town shown in the anime within those regions, a sky region, hundreds of individual sprites to represent Surfing, a similar number to represent Flying, individual sprites for about 493 different Pokemon to follow you, realistic sound bites for every single Pokemon, 3-D graphics, an extensive library of clothing and character appearances for character customization, and space for patch data.

I'm also disagreeing about having to run after Pokemon to battle them. While it's realistic, it sounds like putting that in a mainstream game would quickly get annoying. Same thing with the fishing feature, actually, as I'm already a little annoyed with the fact that you have to time when you press the A button within a few seconds or lose what's on the hook. (Whatever happened to the practicality that RBY and GSC had?)

I do, however, think that weather that matches the player's location would be cool (and doable), as would a better transportation system in the Underground. (It's annoying having to run a distance that's pretty much an equivalent of the length and breadth of Sinnoh. Can't we use a bike?)

Also agreed on the event Pokemon being freely available, although I know that Nintendo does it for advertising purposes. (Still, since the events cater to fans anyway, what's the point of needing to advertise to people who will be buying tons of stuff from Nintendo either way?)

Other than that, I can't think of anything except Pokemon that aren't just evolutions or pre-evolutions of ones that already exist. One gen without them. That's the most I really ask for.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    That sounds really cool! And I want to become a game designer when I get older, and if no one makes it now, I wanna make it in the future ;)

And ALL Event Pokemon should be acsessable with out cheating cuz I cheated on my Diamond to get Darkrai, Arceus, and Shaymin. You should really hang onto those Ideas. They could become usefull in the future ;)

tkay1493

Water pokemon Trainer!
    Years
    A lot of what you're asking is pretty demanding for limited space. I'm not sure how much information a DS game card can actually hold, but I really don't think it has enough storage room to store map, character, event, dialogue, encounter, and music data for four (or more, if you're counting the side games) regions, every city and town shown in the anime within those regions, a sky region, hundreds of individual sprites to represent Surfing, a similar number to represent Flying, individual sprites for about 493 different Pokemon to follow you, realistic sound bites for every single Pokemon, 3-D graphics, an extensive library of clothing and character appearances for character customization, and space for patch data.

I'm also disagreeing about having to run after Pokemon to battle them. While it's realistic, it sounds like putting that in a mainstream game would quickly get annoying. Same thing with the fishing feature, actually, as I'm already a little annoyed with the fact that you have to time when you press the A button within a few seconds or lose what's on the hook. (Whatever happened to the practicality that RBY and GSC had?)

I do, however, think that weather that matches the player's location would be cool (and doable), as would a better transportation system in the Underground. (It's annoying having to run a distance that's pretty much an equivalent of the length and breadth of Sinnoh. Can't we use a bike?)

Also agreed on the event Pokemon being freely available, although I know that Nintendo does it for advertising purposes. (Still, since the events cater to fans anyway, what's the point of needing to advertise to people who will be buying tons of stuff from Nintendo either way?)

Other than that, I can't think of anything except Pokemon that aren't just evolutions or pre-evolutions of ones that already exist. One gen without them. That's the most I really ask for.
    I think we have the technology to do this.
    Nintendo just isnt using it.
    they are doing what ever they can as fast as they can.
    face it diamond and pearl was BORING after you beat the E4
    wiht more regions you coudl travel around!
    thing of new blue-ray disk.
    they hold around lets say 55 GB of data
    and micro SD cards for cell phoens are lik 8GB of data
    and look at apples iPod touch 32 G!
    turst me!
    nintendo has the technology to do this.

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    i do really want to visit as many regions as possible and improve the games longevity. i also want more things ingame that involve wifi. such as games they had in fire red leafgreen. a game corner if you will.(that works via wifi) seing as no one(almost) goes to contest, i would like them to make that able to be used in wifi.
    it would also be sweet if nintendo could randomly generate an entire REGION so that no game is the same. that means different house locations elite four pokemarts the whole nine yards. and with that said your wifi friends would be able to visit your region via wifi and walk around and do things ingame(sorta like animal crossing). i also want a choice if i want to battle standardly or if i would like to battle such as a system such as mystery dungeon. those are just a few of many things(that wont happen) that i would want to see happen.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I think we have the technology to do this.
    Nintendo just isnt using it.
    they are doing what ever they can as fast as they can.
    face it diamond and pearl was BORING after you beat the E4
    wiht more regions you coudl travel around!
    thing of new blue-ray disk.
    they hold around lets say 55 GB of data
    and micro SD cards for cell phoens are lik 8GB of data
    and look at apples iPod touch 32 G!
    turst me!
    nintendo has the technology to do this.

But you're forgetting a few things:

1. Those formats =/= the DS game cartridges. I looked it up, and the largest cartridge for the DS stores 256 MB if Google's all that reliable. That's only 2 GB, give or take. iPods and blu-ray discs are completely different forms of media and completely different forms of technology that Nintendo has nothing to do with, and it's my assumption that a handheld just can't handle that much data on one cartridge yet. Perhaps later on the future, but not for the DS. As in, no, Nintendo itself does not have the technology to put this kind of game on a handheld.

However, should they consider the Wii, a Wii disc carries a bit more space (8.5 GB at the very most), but that's deviating from the normal medium that Pokemon fans are used to. It's usually the main console that has the side games in the Pokemon franchise, whereas the handhelds have the main games.

2. How much space a typical Pokemon game already takes up on a cartridge. This I don't know for sure, but usually, it's most of the cartridge with just the region and features that the game has to offer. That's why in Gold and Silver, a game that dared to feature both regions at the time, had to cut a ton of elements out of Kanto -- because it wouldn't have fit if the entirety of the region had been presented. Although the DS cartridge has more space than a Gameboy Color cartridge, it also sports more complex graphics and sounds, not to mention a larger library and more features than the GSC era. Point being, if you tried to fit more than one region on a cartridge, you'd still probably get the same effect that happened back in GSC. Fitting four would probably be out of the question, let alone four and minute towns in an almost completely different universe (given that the game =/= the anime).

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Look, if they stored all that information, I'm guessing the game would crash very easily. I mean, you have great ideas, but asking for them all that stuff, imagine, it'd be every 10 years for new Pokémon games to be released. The only reason Pikachu followed you in yellow was because it took one bit of space, and they're were no other starters to choose from, so it would make it possible for the game not to accidentally give you the wrong starter sprite in the game. Every region? You know how long it'd take to add the maps? Also, not everyone has Wi-Fi, so how would they check the weather using Wi-Fi, if you don't even have Wi-Fi?

However, to add every place they go to, that wouldn't to hard, might take a few days to add in the maps, but it wouldn't be to hard to do, and wouldn't take that long. So this idea, I like.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'd like to see Jhoto again. Maybe as a second region (like Kanto in G/S/C) you explore after a whole new region.

Better new Pokemon and evolutions. I mean, come on! Tangrowth? Lickilicky? Not to mention less excessive and useless filler-legendaries.

As the OP said, 3D would be nice. I'm fine with how DP made the overworld, but honestly I was expecting at least SOME 3D animations for the battle screens...

An optional setting to allow smaller Pokemon to tag along with you (like Pikachu in Yellow) would also be nice. Of course it wouldn't exactly work to have a Dialga or other huge Pokemon following you everywhere, but they could set a size limit or something, based on the Pokemon's statistical weight and/or height.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
    - I want every town that Ash and Co. visited during there pokemon journey.

That would be virtually impossible - I know it sounds daft but there's too much to take in and consider - multiple storylines, what levels all possible gyms should be at etc etc

-Yes i know that would make a GIANT map, but it means more side quest and fun things to do.

Fun things can be implemented, but you have to limit what you want it

-I also want to visit every region, and creme the E4.

The Elite Four are like in every game...? Elite Trainers whatever they're called in most versions

-And a new GTS system...

Yeah, one that isn't ridiculously abused - like, if you want a level 50 Pokemon, you have to send another Pokemon at that level. Plus, you can send Legendaries for Legendaries. No more Level 30 Staraptors for the asking price of Mew >.>

-And something like PBR where you can battle random people on WIFI.

...Hm, I see what you mean! I reckon that would be a nifty thing to do :D

-I want all event pokemon accesable...

I'm not too big on events

too much to ask? i dont think so!

So far some of your ideas have been pretty good, but you cannot implement a system of going to every town and city visited by Ash and Co. Too much

-I also want to view pokemon like in pokemon ranger.
    WHere you ahve to run after them to battle them!
    wayy better!

That's a Pokemon Ranger element, so it should stay only in that game. That's what makes Ranger unique in a way I guess.

-More 3-D stuff. Please... take a look at animal crossing wild world... something more like that.

Yet again, there's a lot of stuff that goes into this - could it be manageable?

-Season would be major! And i would love it!

How would it be implemented? Would it be a similar system to FFXII? They have a weather based system if noone knows the game.

-Different weather based on the season and where you live!

That sounds very complicated

the game could chekc the local weather from WIFI!

Yet again, seems a bit too hard

-Updatable patches (new regions PKM ect.) from a USB output on your PC.

I'm not the best when it comes to.."patches"

- Character customization. EVer play sims2 for DS? Not the best but there is customization and i like it!

You could do something like that at the beginning - you could choose your gender, then have some other option on what sort of trainer/personality you have.

- More rivals!

Having one main rival is good enough for me :D

- CHoose if you want peopl to tagg along wiht you or not.

When people tag along in the games, they're never in your team for too long, so I don't see the problem in having them in your team.

-NO TRIPPLE BATTLES

Triple battles? What do you mean exactly?

-Poekmon to fallow you. any or all pokemon in your team!

Pokemon are technically meant to stay in the Pokeball so....:P

-New surf sprite! Not the stupid blue thing but a surf sprite for any pokemon that could learn surf.
    - Same thing for flying.

Agree 100%!

-Flying is a new land. its the skys above the reagion, filled wiht FLYING pokemoN! so why nto control where you fly!

We don't really get to see the skies ingame...? :P

- More fishing interactioN! Use the styles to move the rod where yopu want to catch water pokemon or items.

Kinda takes the fun out of random battles...

- btter underground system

In what aspect?

- more in game trades

Possibly, might be pretty useful.

- feed you pokemon poke'food! if you dont feed them for a while they start to not love you.

This isn't a Tamagotchi game :P

- pokemon say there names not the stupid cries...
    Yeah, bout time they implemented that idea!

Back