• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if May had a valley girl accent??

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    Well this thought just popped into my head.
    Since they're replacing the VAs for the 9th season maybe the next VA might have a valley girl accent. I don't think it will happen in the show, but it would be funny. :D

Well, what do you think? What do you think May would be like with a valley girl accent?

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Well, that would be pretty funny if she did...considering Misty's sisters and how they sound, lol. Although, I cringe at the thought of new voice actors, anyway! >_< However, I believe her new voice was in the "Mastermind of Mirage Island" special that aired...*twitch, twitch*...and she doesn't have a valley girl accent. She sounded much older than ten, that's for sure... O_o;

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Well I didn't like the older voice of May but it was funny since she looks older then she suppostly is.

Back to topic.

That would be so funny!!!! May with a valley girl accent. I would love that!!!! I pray that she will since it will add varlity to the voices and make them more different.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd mute the TV...

That'd be horrible.... yet funny at the same time.. ^^;

Also, her VA is the same as in the Mirage Special, and while she HAS mastered making her sound younger, thankfully she doesn't make her sound like a valley-girl. x3

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    If you've seen Totally Spies, then one of the main characters has a valley girl accent. Or Hamtaro, I think that Sandy has a valley girl accent, or it seems like it.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    A valley girl accent is when you use words like "like, totally, etc" a lot in you sentences. (In IRL, I unfortunatly have the accent >< )

Erm, valley girl is not good for May, so no.....just no.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    If May had a Valley Girl accent... I think my ears would surely bleed. XD

No, see, when Haruka first appeared in Japan, and she was quite girly, I thought that 4Kids might dub her with that very accent. I shuddered at the thought, because her character had already annoyed me beyond belief (I was hurting over Misty leaving still ^^;). Luckily, I was pleased to see that they dubbed her without any accent or overly girly speech! This made her a lot more enjoyable to me considering she wasn't sounding like some stereotypical airhead. Not that all valley accents = airheads, but it IS the stereotype. >.>

I'm also glad they don't because I just don't think it would fit into her personality now. When she first came on the anime she acted differently. She was uninterested in pokemon, wimpier, and so maybe it would have fit back then... but she's become more focused and serious so I just don't think it would work.

It definitely fits Misty's do-nothing sisters though. XD

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
    It might work if it was a mix between a young, cute voice and a valley girl accent. But I admit it would be scary to have a ten-year-old have a valley girl accent (but I swear she looks 14, around Ash's supposedly current age). Also it would contradict too much with how they have already presented her. How would they explain her new accent? May took a trip to The Valley after Season 8? o_O

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    I see what a valley-girl accent is.. (thanks you all! ^^)
    Well, if May had such an accent, I wouldn't dislike it.. have heard lots of such accents on other cartoons as well.. But although I think I wouldn't dislike it, I feel that May will sound really weird. ><;;

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    omigosh.... May is like totally not a valley girl, and she like totally doesn't have blond hair, came from a rich family, or totally live in southern california..

It's like soooo totally wrong...

KAAPOW

the new pink
    Years
    • Age 31
    • oz
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    I actually can't stand May at all, so it doesn't really matter to me what she sounds like because whenever she talks I zone out. Of course, I haven't watched much of the series (I watch most of my TV on youtube, and I can only find a couple episodes arghhh) and I haven't seen how her character has grown.

Now what'd be really funny is if she had a NYC or Joisey accent. I can see it now.

OMG OR A SWEDISH ACCENT.

The possibilities are endless!

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I'd kill myself it they did that to May, then come back and haunt PUSA until they changed her back. May and Valley Girl just don't mix...

Back