• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if Pikachu did evolve?

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Similar to the question I was just looking at, it just kinda popped into my head. But what if Ash did evolve Pikachu into Raichu to battle Lieutenant Surge?

I think it'd be pretty cool imo. Raichu > Pikachu any day of the week. Ash might be a better trainer for it too but alas, we'll never know.

zerwey

:3
    Years
    It's just Pokemon Inc's point -- Pikachu + evolve = impossible. I don't know why, maybe they think Pikachu's too cute. In any case, they're not going to let Pikachu evolve. It would force them to end the series or something - after all, Pikachu is the main character after Ash. (If they did, it would only be because they wanted more fan hype).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    He would make Ash really kick ass but it would not be as fun. Maybe if ash ever gives up the title of being main character then everytime we see him after that Pikachu can be evolved.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    It would be the end of the world, but would he have learned Volt Tackle if that had happened?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If Pikachu evolved, Ash ould have a massive powerhouse on his hands. He might not have had such hard times in battles, and Team Rocket would be trying a lot harder to get their hands on it as well. Though, if Pikachu did evolve all the way since the battle against Lt. Surge, then the series now might not have been so interesting. Who knows, like stated ^ Pikachu might not have learned Volt Tackle and apparently like Brock said way back then, Pikachu would not have the high speed it has today.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    A nice deviation yes, but the storyline might not have been so interesting anymore. After all, with Pikacho evolving, it would get stronger, and then if Ash knew how to handle it then the anime might be boring if Ash could win so many times without losing. Team Rocket themselves wouldn't even be able to stand much of a chance. and trust me they barely even stand much of a chance now. xD

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Team Rocket themselves wouldn't even be able to stand much of a chance. and trust me they barely even stand much of a chance now. xD

They got beaten by Ash's Caterpie.. says it all really xP

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    A nice deviation yes, but the storyline might not have been so interesting anymore. After all, with Pikacho evolving, it would get stronger, and then if Ash knew how to handle it then the anime might be boring if Ash could win so many times without losing. Team Rocket themselves wouldn't even be able to stand much of a chance. and trust me they barely even stand much of a chance now. xD

I think it would be interesting... not if Pikachu evolved earlier, but what if Ash let him evolve now? Raichu's are known to be a bit more aggressive, so what if after Pikachu evolved, he'd become aggressive? Making him a bit harder for Ash to control, leading to a slight character development as he tried to tame the powerhouse that is now his Raichu and Raichu could easily walk beside him rather than being carried.

Actually no, Raichu could ride on his head like Hippowdown [sp?], even though that thing weighs like a ton, Ash still managed to carry it like it was Pikachu, laws of physics don't apply in the Pokemon world, so Raichu could easily ride on Ash's head. Team Rocket would just have to try ... umm harder? Oh who am I kidding, Poor TR Trio is nothing but comic relief and electric fodder for Ash and Co, sadly, cause they could do so much more.. Jessie would make a great coordinator and James could explore the world or something, with Mime Jr and Meowth tagging along... since I have no clue what Meowth could do with his life .

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    if it did evolve, the show would be a ton, I repeat a ton, megaton even better. the fact that a small pikachu that is not special or unique in any way to any other pikachu is stupid as it can overpower a raichu. so unrealistic.

if pikachu would be raichu, then maybe it would make more sense and I would grow more feelings to it because pikachu is so small, and I don't even like it one bit.

Years
    Pokemon itself wouldn't be the same.
    Pikachu has become the face of Pokemon, without it, it's possible people wouldn't take as much interest.
    Pikachu is pokemons biggest selling merchandise, and with every kid wanted to get the games and catch pikachu and be like ash, there's no way they would have it evolve lol.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Pokemon itself wouldn't be the same.
    Pikachu has become the face of Pokemon, without it, it's possible people wouldn't take as much interest.
    Pikachu is pokemons biggest selling merchandise, and with every kid wanted to get the games and catch pikachu and be like ash, there's no way they would have it evolve lol.
    But Pokemon's not all about Pikachu, he's just the mascot. Pokemon would still be the same, regardless if the bugger evolved or not... Its focus is Ash and his journey to become the best trainer he can be.. not about the yellow rat that rides on his shoulder. When I was a kid, Yellow was the first Pokemon game I had and I was sorely disappointed that I couldn't evolve Pikachu... I only liked Yellow, cause Pikachu followed you around and I was like 7, so that easily satisfied my attention span. Plus it was cute.

I for one like [read: love it to death] Raichu, I prefer it over a Pikachu any day, but that's just me. But yeah, Pikachu will probably never evolve and TR Trio will probably never be anything more than comic relief [Even though I wish they were more than that and gave up on Pikachu, but what ever]

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh >.>;;

Xenart

Organization XIII Member
    Years
    I really wouldn't care what Ash's choice was. I just wanted to the show for fun..

But I guess it would be kinda cool to have seen a Raichu so Ash could have had a powerhouse on the team at the time.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think it would be interesting... not if Pikachu evolved earlier, but what if Ash let him evolve now? Raichu's are known to be a bit more aggressive, so what if after Pikachu evolved, he'd become aggressive? Making him a bit harder for Ash to control, leading to a slight character development as he tried to tame the powerhouse that is now his Raichu and Raichu could easily walk beside him rather than being carried.

Actually no, Raichu could ride on his head like Hippowdown [sp?], even though that thing weighs like a ton, Ash still managed to carry it like it was Pikachu, laws of physics don't apply in the Pokemon world, so Raichu could easily ride on Ash's head. Team Rocket would just have to try ... umm harder? Oh who am I kidding, Poor TR Trio is nothing but comic relief and electric fodder for Ash and Co, sadly, cause they could do so much more.. Jessie would make a great coordinator and James could explore the world or something, with Mime Jr and Meowth tagging along... since I have no clue what Meowth could do with his life .

I actually thought about that. I mean if Pikachu did evolve, it could possible add a twist in becoming more agressive. It has been said that Pokémon can have a change in character after evolving. For example, Ash's Gliscor, before it evolved it had always been a bit afraid to battle, but now it has grown over that. If Pikachu evolved [now] it could become different toward Ash and a new obstacle to go through. Ash himself might have to evolve into a tougher trainer. xD

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    God help me, I would renounce Pokemon entirely. They can do anything they want to the series, anything at all, but some things are just sacred.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I so say the evolving Pikachu would be a drastic change for most of us, if it were to evolve now, but I would like to see how it would change in character and for Ash. Of course, I'd rather it stay a Pikachu as it is just something that doesn't need changing for the show. xD

Years
    EVERYTHING WOULD FALL APART!
    Okay, maybe not, but the whole point of Pikachu not evolving is...well I can't explain it, but if it was meant to happen they would've already done it.
    >.>
    I don't think I'm answering this thread right...

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    What would happen if pikachu evolved .... He would be a raichu thats all lol i dont think it would of made that much difference except it would walk around more cause ash couldnt carry it

Back