• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What if there was a Grey version instead?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so this is actually different to a fifth game, but rather just a third game, and we're pretending B2W2 was never announced and don't exist/won't ever exist. And yes a post in a certain thread inspired this.

Imagine that instead of sequels, the tradition wasn't broken, and there was just a third game. Now keep in mind what you know of B2W2 having, and take that away from your mind - think back before you knew about them. What would've you liked in a Grey version? Would've you called it Grey? What would've happened to the legendaries? What would've become of Black City and White Forest? Would've we had something else instead? And so on! Discuss what you'd have liked to have seen if there was just a Grey version set at the same time as Black and White, but expanded and enhanced from Black and White. n_n

Also, I don't need to remind you guys to keep spoilers about B2W2 in spoiler tags if you feel the urge to mention them, do I?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • If the third version was made instead of B2W2, I would've called Grey because, although predictable, makes perfect sense and fits. I would've liked it to be what Platinum and Emerald were to their games, the same base, but an upgrade. I would've liked to see the Battle Subway take you to a Battle Frontier, have gym leader rematches, etc. I think doing what Platinum did would work, having Kyurem as the box legendary and giving it a new forme. I think Black City and White Forest could've been fused to make a nature friendly settlement like Grey Village or something, where wild Pokémon could be caught and trainers could be battled. I would liked to have seen Cilan, Chili and Cress be a newly introduced triple tag battle, and Iris and Drayden to be a double tag battle. I also would've liked to see it be released on the 3DS and for it to use its features more.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    B2W2 already took some things that could have gone in a potential Grey and put them in the sequels instead. Thus, I doubt we'll ever see a potential Grey. The "Grey Village" idea is an excellent one, however, mixing the Wild Pokémon element with a smaller city in one area. I also would like Mistralton's airport to actually, you know, take you to another region to explore as in the games of old, but only with stronger Pokémon than back then; in other words, the new area could potentially have every single Pokémon available, including virtually every legendary from each generation, in some way in an extended storyline.

Cyclone

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If Game Freak had decided to go the "third version" route, we would have to get sequels eventually. BW left too many loose ends to be tied up in just a third version, which, while adding quite a bit to the previous two games, don't offer enough of their own individual story.

Honestly, I had hoped for sequels (and not a third version) to BW ever since Masuda said "Black and White won't be the end of gen 5" while not denying a previous statement of there not being a third version (yes, this is from that very old interview fiasco). Black and White are more dependent on their version differences than any paired games to date--putting them into one game really ruins what they stand for, which is two games that are close enough to be considered the "same," but with enough differences to warrant them being sold separately.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • I would have liked to have Grey but black and whites sequels are good i've heard. I agree with Vaporeon7, Kyurem should have been given a new form, as oppose to two new forms.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys I just kinda noticed a few of the recent posts were about whether you wanted Grey/whether they should've done Grey. This thread is purely for what you would've included in the hypothetical Grey. n_n This thread is for creativity, after all! However if you wanna discuss if you WANTED Grey/still want Grey, feel free to make a separate thread on that. :) Just remember this is for the features/things in the game and all. :3

As for me I'll edit in some thoughts soon on what I'd have liked, just wanted to get that out there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would hope it would at least be called Chrome or something somewhat original lol.
    As for Black City and White Forest....
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I think N would've tried to capture both legendaries, but to do that he'd need Kyurem (the third of the trio) since it's the boundary pokemon and it could uh release a super ice wave that wouldmakepeoplereleasetheirpokemonandbwsvolwkyuremobabzekromvbeubrf
    reshiramvwjkbv

This is why I don't come up with game plots haha.
    But I presume Kyurem WOULD have been used to track down Zekrom/Reshiram or would've stopped them fighting Rayquaza style. Perhaps a little side plot (after capturing Kyurem) would that reshiram would have started a fire and you'd have to help the musketeers save pokemon (and then you'd get Keldeo)

Or Maybe Team Plasma would use Genesect to awaken Kyurem, enraging it, and then tell the public that they'd have to release their pokemon if they didn't want to die or something. Then Zekrom and Reshiram would stop Kyurem?

I'm really bad at game plots lol, but those might have been fun!

Back