• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is mew

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

Then why the quote on top of what you said was Beginning of the Universe? If you can give me some proof which says that mew is the first or it is not known whether who's the first with a website, i'll believe you.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Then why the quote on top of what you said was Beginning of the Universe? If you can give me some proof which says that mew is the first or it is not known whether who's the first with a website, i'll believe you.

I never said mew is the first, I said there is no clear confirmation any where in the franchise that says Arceus created the universe or Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon.

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

Ok but to me, that is the closest information i can get to who being the first. BTW, why are we arguing over Arceus and Mew when this is describing mew to someone who doesn't understand it much?

Maybe I started it? Never mind.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    This has turned from a discussion about what animal Mew is into whether Arceus came first... *sigh*
    I think Mew's supposed to be a cat, personally, though when you think about, it could easily not be based off an animal. Not all Pokemon are, y'know!
    Geodude, Magnemite, Probopass...

There's no reason it should have to be an animal, but if it was, then I'd say some mutant cat. ^_^
    xX

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This has turned from a discussion about what animal Mew is into whether Arceus came first... *sigh*
    I think Mew's supposed to be a cat, personally, though when you think about, it could easily not be based off an animal. Not all Pokemon are, y'know!
    Geodude, Magnemite, Probopass...

There's no reason it should have to be an animal, but if it was, then I'd say some mutant cat. ^_^
    xX

A fetus is not an animal, and has the most logic behind it.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Arceus is the first of all Pokemon, it is like God. No Mew did not come first, it is only the ancestor of Pokemon, which does not mean it comes first. Mew only has genes of all the Pokemon in the world giving it the ability to learn every TM and HM. Arceus created the universe, did Mew? Mew is likes Jesus is to God. Arceus created Mew from the first place. Arceus gifted Mew to have the ability to have all the DNA from every Pokemon. It resembles the decription of a fetus, like a new born child. Mew is not cat, it has more characteristics of a Kangaroo Rat with its long legs, and mouse like head. Everything about a Kangaroo Rat matches Mew, Mew is close to Mouse even. Google Kangaroo Rat, and you will see what I mean by Mew being the same. To be honest, Mew is only the ancestor of all Pokemon (excluding Arceus) because it was the first Pokemon drawn in history. Pikachu was the first to be published to the public, but Mew's design was the first. How can you all think Arceus came after Mew? Arceus is the god of all Pokemon, even Mew. Hey, Mew might have the DNA of Arceus because Arceus gave Mew that power. Can't you see that Arceus has to be the god of all Pokemon since he stopped Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia all together, did Mew? No. Plus, look at its stats, they are the highest base stat total of all Pokemon present to this day. Overall, I think Arceus came way before Mew, Mew could even come after some of the other Legendaries. Mew could only be ancestor of all non-Legends. And, you have to factor that during the making of Mew, this was the first region or generation, and they did not have plans to make more Pokemon until later on after Johto.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Arceus is the first of all Pokemon, it is like God. No Mew did not come first, it is only the ancestor of Pokemon, which does not mean it comes first. Mew only has genes of all the Pokemon in the world giving it the ability to learn every TM and HM. Arceus created the universe, did Mew? Mew is likes Jesus is to God. Arceus created Mew from the first place. Arceus gifted Mew to have the ability to have all the DNA from every Pokemon. It resembles the decription of a fetus, like a new born child. Mew is not cat, it has more characteristics of a Kangaroo Rat with its long legs, and mouse like head. Everything about a Kangaroo Rat matches Mew, Mew is close to Mouse even. Google Kangaroo Rat, and you will see what I mean by Mew being the same. To be honest, Mew is only the ancestor of all Pokemon (excluding Arceus) because it was the first Pokemon drawn in history. Pikachu was the first to be published to the public, but Mew's design was the first. How can you all think Arceus came after Mew? Arceus is the god of all Pokemon, even Mew. Hey, Mew might have the DNA of Arceus because Arceus gave Mew that power. Can't you see that Arceus has to be the god of all Pokemon since he stopped Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia all together, did Mew? No. Plus, look at its stats, they are the highest base stat total of all Pokemon present to this day. Overall, I think Arceus came way before Mew, Mew could even come after some of the other Legendaries. Mew could only be ancestor of all non-Legends. And, you have to factor that during the making of Mew, this was the first region or generation, and they did not have plans to make more Pokemon until later on after Johto.

Why do I feel like I just got ranted on by a religious fanatic?
    Hmmm... :\

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    A cat...?

That's what I've always assummed. It "mew"s like a cat. It's tail twitches like a cat. I always thought it was based on a cat.

PS No religious rants to me, please. XD I took this thread as "What did teh creator of the Pokemon world (you know, the human?) base Mew on?" Not "What is Mew in the show?"

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I agreed completely. Mew represents the beginning of new life; so does a fetus.

"Around this time, Mew came into being by itself, containing the DNA
    of every Pokémon to exist and exist in the future."
    –Bulbapedia

Yeah, I forgot to mention fetus. Yep, I agree.
    It's it's like a fetus... With cat-like characteristics. ^_^
    xX

Yup. Ive even provided more facts to support it but only a few people have paid attention to it.

Back