• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is pokemon to you?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    As the title says, what does pokemon mean to you? Is it your life? Are you addicted to it? Or is it just a normal anime Like all others? Discuss here!

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    For me it's something that brings me back to being a kid. It's not my life and I'm not addicted to it, I just play Pokemon Go when I'm walking somewhere for fun and I've been rewatching the anime from the beginning the last couple of months.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    It is everything my whole childhood so to speak. Ive spent years collecting cards and playing pokemon on game boy lol. Hope my children get to ecperience pokemon the way I did.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Well it doesn't look like Pokemon is stopping anytime soon at this rate so your children will likely get to experience it also. It's amazing how some shows I and some of us watched as children, like Pokemon, Power Rangers, Spongebob, etc are still alive and kicking today.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Well, since you only mentioned Anime I'm assuming that's all this refers to. I didn't get into the Anime until I was around 14, but when I did, I pretty much instantly loved it. I'm not hyper obsessed with it, but when it's on, I definitely watch it. It makes me happy and is something fun to pass the time. I also learn a bit more about certain Pokemon (plus it helps me with pronunciation, haha)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Pokemon for me is Chess with deep mechanics and 721 pieces.

I love it, strategic gaming is what I'm all about and my love for strategic gaming stemmed from pokemon.
    It's also an outlet for my overactive imagination. As Colours said above, I'm not very interested in the Anime, Cards, or various merchandise, but if you get me to start talking about playing the video games, it's sort of hard to get me to shut up about them. lol

It's also one of the few video games I can play competitively and not be frustrated from losing. I'm not really sure why, most other competitive games I play irritate me when I lose, but for some reason, losing a competitive pokemon battle never bothers me, in fact often times I really enjoy it, especially when it allows me to learn something about my own team that I didn't realize before. Pokemon for me is a competitive game that is both exhilarating and relaxing.

Back