• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is the best/worst updates in FR/LG?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    You know FR/LG is an update of RBY? And of course, an update has extra bits added on.
    I would like to know what you like best of those extras, and which extras you thought were rubbish.

I liked being able to catch and battle the Jhoto and Hoenn Pokemon.

I dislike the fact you still have to go to a special event to get Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia and ESPECIALLY DEOXYS (I'm on a rant now, sorry!)-.-;

What about you? I can be about anything: abilites, the Sevvi Islands, the Wireless functions... you name it.;)

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Oh my gosh what a nerd you are thats a stupid thing tosay nerd wod.:bandit:

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    H20 said:
    your flamming a member,and are spamming.sorry to be a mini mod,but its true.no one likes a spammer/flammer!

what i hate is the freakin tickets!
    if you need a ticket to get rukario in d/p,im seriously gonna choke game freak/nintendo XD
    and i dont like that you need to beat the elite four to breed.
    me wants more eeves!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Urgh yeah, those tickets annoying me. Its annoying because the only places you're able to get them are probably American and Japan, and I bet that a lot of people living in those countries can't go to the events either. Has to be one of the most annoying thing ever.

The VS Seeker was cool. Back in R/B/Y, once you had defeated all trainers, you had no where else to train except against wild pokemon and the Elite Four.

I wish they had those Secret bases and the pokemon contests, they seem really cool. If they didn't want to mess up Kanto they could've added them to the islands. I forgot, the new islands are brilliant.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I for one wish that they'd have had a full-on Battle Tower instead of the stupid "omg get to the top fast plzkthxbye" Trainer Tower.

~Sneasel

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Sympaties to all who can't attend the Pokemon Events. They irratate me as much as you.
    Hmm.. anyway I thought I wasn't going to get any replies. Sorry if it sounded stupid. I'm glad you did reply though.

And did you realise that some of the things that people say in R/B/Y have been altered slightly for FR/LG. For instance, the little girl near Lavender Pokemon Tower: "That white hand on shoulder, it's not real" became "That white hand... I just imagined it".

Add: Thanks a lot, Cowrie. I never knew how nasty people could be.

Last edited:

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    ShYnY MeW iS bAcK said:
    the good things are the tickets that you can catch mew,dexoys,ho-oh,lugia...
    and that you can go to Jotho and Kanto again
    The VS Seeker was cool too...
    Sorry for correcting you, but you can't go to Jhoto in FR/LG. Be great if you could though.:D

Twar3Draconis

Super Asian
    Years
    ShYnY MeW iS bAcK said:
    the good things are the tickets that you can catch mew,dexoys,ho-oh,lugia...
    and that you can go to Jotho and Kanto again
    The VS Seeker was cool too...

TICKETS ARE NOT GOOD. I wish you would be able to catch without the tickets IN-GAME.
    You can go to Johto? Since when in FR/LG?

I think they shoul have added the Secret Base thing from R/S

Absent

Absent > You
    Years
    *agrees with the ticket thing*

They had an event at Space Center Houston (which essentially is not far away at all) to get Deoxys, and I TOTALLY missed it. But my friend has gone to ALL legendary events and so if I want the Pokedex entry, I guess I'd have to call him up.

I REALLY like ability to battle/catch Johto Pokemon. Yeah.​

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    H20 said:
    If you're going to insult someone at least do a good job of it.

Anywho, I like the addition of more Pokemon. The Kanto and Johto pokemon are my favorites, I like very few Hoenn pokemon...

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    well,the the new islands are kinda pointless for me...(besides the trainers....)unless there's somethin I'm missing...and I haven't seen any Johto poke'mon,shineys,or any of that stuff.....sabrina looks as beutiful as ever!,and besides the missingno. thing gone,leaving me with only 1 masterball,I'd say...it's great!so far,I only caught one ledgendary,...and that's Zapdos...normally,I'd catch it either with the master ball,accidently faint it,...or use the infanite master ball trick to catch it...but this time,...my FIRST time,...I actually caught it using my poke'mon,and 37 ultra balls!!!!

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Well, I'm glad that there are no glitches in FR/LG, they could really mess up your game.^_^
    Does anyone like the new graphics? Compared to R/B/Y, I mean they were great games in thier time, but they are dated now.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I didnt like how they made all the charaters look pudgy in FR LG. R S I though was better because they looked remotely normal.. bUT thats just my sorry little opinion

Last edited:
    Years
    For some odd reason I prefer FR/LG because of the Islands. Also the graphics are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better than the original. I know the game was first out 10 years ago but graphics for any game not just Pokemon.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The Sevii Islands was what hooked me the most about FR/LG, but it was really awesome to stroll through a newly designed Kanto, since I've played the games since R/B came out.

No Missingno or Glitch City, though. XDD.

To be honest though, I bought FRLG mostly for the sake of collecting the species only available therein, as I am amassing a collection of all species. I have 280 so far!

Back