• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHAT IS THE POINT IN LINES lmao

k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKER
Years
  • i mean cmon who wants to sit there in line all day what they need is 1000000 cashiers so there is no line then everyone wouldnt have to wait i think you would be sooo amazing if you did that hi welcome to walkmart and its a 2mile long building lmao :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes creating 1000000 cashiers would totally be a logical thing to do.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Lines are the natural result of supply not being flexible enough in the short term to meet fluctuating demand. In the medium term, another counter can be set up; in the long term, the building can be expanded. But no producer can perfectly predict how many customers (s)he will have at a given time and set up the appropriate amount of cashiers, and therefore must choose one of two courses: have unused counters a large percentage of the time or small lines.

The latter is always the more efficient option.

k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKER
    Years
  • heck yah then there would never be a line in a store w000t :D haha if i owned a store id make your happy self do it yourself so i didnt have to pay people and just put a million cashmaching things in my store lmao and have robot guards!

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Good luck getting a loan to start up the business, then, because no bank manager in his right mind would approve such a strategy.

If there was never a line, it would mean that there would be large amounts of space not being used, and employees being paid to sit around and do nothing at the cashier (because you'd have to be prepared for the maximum number of customers.) It's a nice thought, but you'd go out of business very quickly because of out-of-control costs.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • They don't need more cashiers/cash registers. What they need to do is open up what they already have. I hate going somewhere with say....eight possible lines and only two are open.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Shop managerss only put on as many people as they need according to how busy the shop is. They do have to consider what they pay their staff and what they can afford to do. =|

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If you were a store owner and had the money to hire like 10 dedicated cashiers for every shift so that every single cash register was manned, you wouldn't need a store--you could just retire and live comfortably on your savings. But seriously, if lines tick you off that much, don't shop during peak hours.

I'll lol if you're really 18. :(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • lol I know how you feel, its like that with the closes mall. Target has 30 registers and the owner knows the store is always crowded, and out of the 30, about 10 are open. While I walk around I see other people working there and they just sit there doing nothing. I don't understand why they would make 30 of them when more then half of them just sit there

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Well I believe the point of a line would be one end or the other. Since, let's say, you were to stab someone with a line, you wouldn't use the side since the side isn't very pointy. The ends, however... hm...

I bet you only like lines because they can parallel one another.

Thank god for shopping online. If it ever gets to the point where there are line son the internet, the universe will probably explode.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Yes! LET'S STORM THE CASHIER IN A GIANT CROWD BECAUSE THAT IS SO MUCH QUICKER!

I hope to god you sense the sarcasm, if not, get help. Lines are there to make it go quicker actually, safer (a giant rioting crowd is so safe), and for order.

And if they had so many cashiers they wouldn't make as much money.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes! LET'S STORM THE CASHIER IN A GIANT CROWD BECAUSE THAT IS SO MUCH QUICKER!

I hope to god you sense the sarcasm, if not, get help. Lines are there to make it go quicker actually, safer (a giant rioting crowd is so safe), and for order.

And if they had so many cashiers they wouldn't make as much money.

Darns Ctep got here before me D: Lines promote order so there wouldn't be pushing, shoving, stampedes, etc.

Example (true):
    In Walmart a person was trampled to death.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm fine with lines except when you want to go to one of those express lanes with like 5 counters to speed up traffic and there's only one cashier.

Back