• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is wrong with Dialga?

PandaBoy

gotta catch 'em all
Years
  • Yes, you heard it!
    Dialga is weak. Not in the movie, but in the game.
    I've been wondering why in a long time.
    When you see Dialga for the first time in Diamond he is level 47.
    Say wuuuuuuuuuuuut?
    Dialga created Sinnoh, he is a legend. He is like a god.
    He controls space and time, and he can create new worlds.
    When I saw Dialga, my pokemons where level 55 or something.
    Why is Dialga so weak? He got some really good attack, but seriously.
    They didn't make it through the last gym leader. What is this?
    A god couldn't finish a gym leader? Whats happening?
    The pokemon that created Sinnoh cant destroy Sinnoh?
    Can someone explain this to me? I'm like wtf right now :/

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Well, Dialga is the legendary of time only, not space (That's over with Palkia). It is kind of considered a god, but mostly for what it did -- not for its power. That said, Dialga has better defense stats -- Palkia has the higher attack stats. Arceus was also the Pokemon who created both them and the world and etc. etc. (Though, to be honest, I think Arceus is kind of a lousy excuse for a Pokemon). Take in mind that not every legendary had its levels blasted up beyond belief, either, so Dialga is no exception.

If you want a more interesting and speculative answer, try this on -- why would the lord of time waste his infinite amounts of seconds on weaker Pokemon? Why would the lord of time want to go around beating other Pokemon into submission when it already knows it is respected in fear and awe?

Well, Dialga is the legendary of time only, not space (That's over with Palkia). It is kind of considered a god, but mostly for what it did -- not for its power. That said, Dialga has better defense stats -- Palkia has the higher attack stats. Arceus was also the Pokemon who created both them and the world and etc. etc. (Though, to be honest, I think Arceus is kind of a lousy excuse for a Pokemon). Take in mind that not every legendary had its levels blasted up beyond belief, either, so Dialga is no exception.

If you want a more interesting and speculative answer, try this on -- why would the lord of time waste his infinite amounts of seconds on weaker Pokemon? Why would the lord of time want to go around beating other Pokemon into submission when it already knows it is respected in fear and awe?

Last edited:

PandaBoy

gotta catch 'em all
    Years
  • Well, Dialga is the legendary of time only, not space (That's over with Palkia). It is kind of considered a god, but mostly for what it did -- not for its power. That said, Dialga has better defense stats -- Palkia has the higher attack stats. Arceus was also the Pokemon who created both them and the world and etc. etc. (Though, to be honest, I think Arceus is kind of a lousy excuse for a Pokemon). Take in mind that not every legendary had its levels blasted up beyond belief, either, so Dialga is no exception.

Ok, now I think I understand :)
    NOTE: You wrote same thing twice :/

Skull Kid

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Yes, Dialga is a god pokemon. Yes, Dialga is supposed to be very powerful. But this is also a game, and it has to be reasonable.

At that point in the game your pokemon are level 50+, so for them to just throw a level 100 Dialga at your face with moves that kill you in one shot isn't very fun for the player at all. Even if you do manage to catch this god Dialga, what will the rest of the game be like? You'll just plow right through the elite four and champion with this unstoppable pokemon. Dialga has to be weak to balance out with the rest of the game.

Back