• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your fave film?

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2008
    In no order:
    A Night at the Roxbury
    Stra Trek: Insurrection
    Return of the Jedi
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Superbad
    Wayne's World
    The Mist
    Austin Powers

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    titanic, mean girls, high school musical films, a walk to remember, memoirs of a geisha, harry potter films & all disney films. =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    1. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
    2. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
    3. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes back
    4. Star Wars: The Phantom Menance
    5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    6. Star Wars: A New Hope
    7. Song of the South
    8. The Nightmare Before Christmas

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Dang, i have like two favourite genres soo i'll list em by the... genre...

a) Zombie!!
    1. 28 weeks later
    2. Resident Evil
    3. Shaun of the Dead

b) Comedy
    1. Superhero
    2. Napoleon Dynamite
    3. Scarry, Epic, Date Movie...

A walk to Remember was sooo sweet... I cried... *sob*
    Yes, its my favourite too...

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • Lost In Translation
    This was the movie got me into Sofia Coppola. It is undoubtedly one of the best directed movies ever, ever. So add her to Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson, Japan, the best music selection I've ever heard in a movie, and you've got an award winner. It totally made me cry in the end..

Sin City
    Apart from the amazing visual achievement, this is a properly well written film. The director, Robert Rodriguez (who has a deminished reputation imo because of the "What were they thinking?" movies, like Spy Kids and the other one with the fish boy and fire girl >_<) had the challenged of still maintaining the comic book's visuals while keeping it in motion. And he pulled it off brillliantly.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2
    It is a tricky thing, these movies. Technically, they are rediculous. The amount of blunt violence alone would make it hard for most people to say it is a genuinely good movie. But it is. Uma Thurman totally nailed it, and I'm sure had a blast doing it too. There are also moments of brilliance, most notably the last few sequences.

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
    One of my more serious favourites. Another fantastic direction, and a stunning storyline. Also, a very surprising performance by Jim Carrey. =O Who would've thought he could pull off a drama so effortlessly, let alone as a total introvert character.

Spirited Away
    This was probably the first taste I had as a child of proper anime. Back then I couldn't understand most of it, obviously, but I saw it again a while ago and it totally stole my heart. While it is a hard story to explain to others, since it sounds very generic, it manages to capture your attention whenever you walk into it.
    I recommend it to anyone.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    star wars episode 4,5,6. those are the best movies. 1,2,3 can stay on the shelf

Years
  • All of the Star Wars films: Purely an epic set of films. The series has an excellent storyline with a great blend of politics, philosophy, and science fiction. Overall, it puts a person's mind to great use and really makes one think outside the box. The special effects are AMAZING and the fight scenes are great. The music is also beautiful. Furthermore, it has a large number of likable characters. Anakin/Darth Vader is by far one of my favorite fictional characters of all time. Basically, he was a good person who cared about bringing peace and freedom to the galaxy, but was clouded by the pain and suffering that lurked within his heart. His thoughts, feelings, and character flaws were all realistic to me, and I for one can understand why he went down the path of the Sith. However, in the end, he sacrificed himself to protect his son, which in turn brought balance to the force. In that act of love, he redeemed himself and went from being one of the galaxy's greatest villains to a true hero.

Unlike the majority, I prefer Episodes I - III to IV - VI. Luke's story did not interest me nearly as much as Anakin's. In fact, I find Luke as a character to be irritating. Basically, he went from being a whinny and immature kid to a dark figure simply because he learned Vader was his father. If you ask me, his character development was lousy, since he only changed because he learned his father was a dark bad-*** and (as such) felt the need to become that way as well. Overall, I prefer to see characters change for reasons other than, "Oh, he or she is blood related to me, so I should wear a demeanor just like his or her's!" I am just glad Vader, Palpatine, R-2D2, C-3PO, Chewbacca, and Boba Fett were there to keep me amused.

And the Han x Leia romance, which EVERYONE seems to like? I despise it. For starters, with a few exceptions, I dislike love-hate relationships, since most of them only revolve around childish bickering and shallow sexual tension. This is the case with Han and Leia's romance. Not only was it annoying, but it also felt very rushed and poorly written. I much prefer the Anakin x Padme romance. It seemed more natural to me. I cannot say I dislike Han and Leia together, though, since if it were not for them becoming a couple, Jacen from Star Wars: Expanded Universe (one of my favorite Star Wars characters) would never have been born XD

Robot Monster: The worst film ever made, but that is why it is one of the best. Ro-Man's bad costume (a gorilla suit and an underwater helmet), the poor set, the toy dinosaurs, and the bubble machine are all made of win. Every time I watch this movie, I cannot stop laughing. It is bad to the point of being hilarious.

Big Daddy: One of my childhood favorites. A truly humorous movie.

Silent Hill: Overall, I feel that this film is a good adaptation of the game series. In fact, it even improves on some of its aspects, such as replacing Harry from the first game with a more likable lead character and making Cybil a class A bad-ass.

So, yeah. A horror film with an excellent plot, great characters, and monsters galore. Truly awesome.

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Very entertaining movie with a nice story, wonderful characters, an awesome soundtrack, and outstanding effects. I look down on anyone who views it negatively.

I am Legend: An action packed horror film with excellent effects that takes place in Manhatten. Overall, this is an awesome zombie flick, WAY better than the piss poor Resident Evil trilogy.

Disney's Peter Pan: What can I say? I love the Elegant Captain Hook in all his gay glory, along with his "I top-from-the-bottom" flaming cabin boy, Smee. They are what make this film GREAT, not Peter, Wendy, and the Lost Boys (though the horny Crocidle and Tinkerbell are pretty cool, too).

Disney's Peter Pan Return to Neverland: The return of Captain Hook and Smee. What more can I say? In this film, we even discover that Captain Hook wears fake eye-lashes and get to see a picture of him in drag (that was NOT his mother, damn it).

Disney's Beauty and the Beast: I like this film. It has a good story with a deep message: true beauty lays within, not on the exterior. It also has many memorable characters. Belle, Beast, Lumiere, Chip, Mrs. Potts... They are all great.

Last edited:

Excellent

Rap/Hip-hop Fan
    Years
  • it's too hard for me to pick favorites, any of the star wars movies, LOTR, james bond, all those i love.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    This is in no particular order.

Pan's Labyrinth - The movie was extremely (and sometimes overly) violent, but the story was good and strong, if not too depressing.

Little Miss Sunshine - This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It actually has a good sense of humor and it's plot is pretty realistic. Now I'm not saying to make movies exactly like this, but Hollywood could learn a few things from this movie.

The Blair Witch Project - While not exactly terrifying, it's creepy due to the fact that you never truly see what's after the protaginst, letting your own imagination do the scaring. To me this is actually one of the scariest movies of the past ten years, in my opinion. Today's slasher/thriller film aren't even in the same league as this move, only trying to improve on how realistic things look instead of the quality of the scares.

Back