• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What level were your pokemon when you beat red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rew

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2012
    Okay, i'm just curious as to what levels your guys pokemon were when you beat red.. as i think what i did is a little bizzare.

I just defeated the elite 4(after 16 badges) with only a level 71 dragonite and a 75 lucario. I thought, just for the laughs, that i will go give red a go. I beat him first time.. with a level 72 and a level 76 :/ no resets, nothing. I had 4 healers with me also, but still. I'm quite proud of that tbh :D

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    What I said in another Red related thread (nice rhyming :D):

Having only just beaten Red in the past few minutes, I will say this. Red is hard. Very hard. Much harder than he was back in Gold/Silver/Crystal and as a youngster, I thought he was hard then, but he's much more difficult here. I had to use plenty of full restores and revives to win. The hail was irritating too, but it could be used as both an advantage and disadvantage.

This was my team at the time of defeating Red:

What level were your pokemon when you beat red?
    Snapper the Feraligatr (Lv.70)

Webslinger the Ariados (Lv.70)

Hardboiled the Togekiss (Lv.67)

Stumpy the Sudowoodo (Lv.67)

Bagheera the Umbreon (Lv.67)

Tarzan the Primeape (Lv.70)

His Pikachu, which I didn't think was too much of a threat before is a powerful beast. Luckily, my Primape knew Close Combat, which took out Pikachu in one hit and thankfully didn't paralyze me on impact (like it did on previous tries).

The order he sends his Pokemon out vary and my tries all differed, but let's just do them in the order I recall battling him against.

Blastoise was next and he was fairly difficult to take on, since I had no Pokemon with Grass or Electric moves. With no clear advantage I sent out Umbreon (which with Red no longer owning an Espeon like he did in G/S/C, had no chance to dominate the battle) to whittle it down. It died pretty soon into the battle and its attacks hardly mattered when Red used his one of many full restores. If I remember correctly, I sent out a mix of Feraligatr, Ariados, Togekiss and Primeape to finish it off. Took a while, but it worked.

Charizard was next and this was pretty easy. Sudowoodo defeated it with one Rock Slide.

Lapras (which replaced Espeon) was a little difficult. Again, I think I weakened it down with several Pokemon, before sending out Primeape again to use Close Combat.

Snorlax has thankfully been made a tad easier without Rest, but he was still difficult and his HP took a while to take down. Using a few Pokemon again, before I sent out Primeape again with Close Combat was my strategy once again.

Venusaur was next and boy this was annoying. I tried to keep Feraligatr, Togekiss and Ariados alive for this battle. Red kept using full restores on Venusaur, much to my fury to the point where I wanted to throw a DS across the screen, but after some time, my Ariados (good resistance to its moveset) and Psychic were enough to end the battle.

And cue anti-climatic ending. Next time, I'm going to take the time to raise my Pokemon to a more even level. Next time Red, I shall kick your arse properly.

So I used three Level 67 and three Level 70 Pokemon. Quite low, but with patience, plenty of items and a strategy, it's possible to defeat him.

Rew

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2012
    Wow, descriptive :P sounds epic, i kinda wish my battle against him was like that in a way. But tbh, i really didn't find him difficult at all, i one hit K-O'd all of his pokemon except Venasaur and Blastoise. My Dragonite survived Pikachu's stupidly powerful volt tackle and took him out with earthquake. Next was Lapras, taken down in one by Lucario's close combat. Then Snorlax.. same again, close combat. Blastoise went down in two thunderpunches, i used 1 revive on this guy. Charizard, thought he would be a pain in the backside but draco meteor took him straight out :) . Venasaur took like 3 revives and a mix of moves as i didn't really have anything too effective and voila, he was down, quickly :D .

Oh and i LOVE your Primeape called Tarzan :D:D

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Wow, descriptive :P sounds epic, i kinda wish my battle against him was like that in a way. But tbh, i really didn't find him difficult at all, i one hit K-O'd all of his pokemon except Venasaur and Blastoise. My Dragonite survived Pikachu's stupidly powerful volt tackle and took him out with earthquake. Next was Lapras, taken down in one by Lucario's close combat. Then Snorlax.. same again, close combat. Blastoise went down in two thunderpunches, i used 1 revive on this guy. Charizard, thought he would be a pain in the backside but draco meteor took him straight out :) . Venasaur took like 3 revives and a mix of moves as i didn't really have anything too effective and voila, he was down, quickly :D .

Glad to see you didn't have much difficulty with him. I suppose it depends on what team you use and more type coverages help, etc. Nice battle too. :)

Oh and i LOVE your Primeape called Tarzan :D:D

Thank you very much, I appreciate that. He's epic in battles too. :D

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Wow, I was thinking about this: I'd prefer a team equal to Ash's Animè Team.
    In a hack of Pokèmon Gold, I saw a team formed by Pikachu, Charizard, Lapras, Muk, Primeape, and Snorlax.
    It's better! :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    As said, there is already another Red-related thread that covers this same discussion. You'll find it here. You can use that to post your strategies, Pokémon, levels and other various details you did when challenging Red.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back