• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes a good song?

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
    First time i listen-how the production feels
    Second time-lyrical content (This is why I LOVE Lupe Fiasco)
    Third time-instrumental & heart put into the song (This is why I LOVE B.o.B and T.I.)

I really look the most for the lyrical content and how much heart the artists put into it. Like listening to some rappers just wig it... hate that. Watching rock bands have obnoxious 20 minute drum solos also annoy me.

Keep on hackin'
    ~RHIOne

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    As a musician myself, I find songs to be categorized into two different kinds of 'good'. The first kind is something I can be inspired by, something I strive for in music. The second kind is something I can be influenced by. There really is a difference between the two.

For a song to be good enough to inspire me, it has to be straight up real.. like, it has to evoke emotions or memory from me, it has to make me want to become a better musician. For a song to be this good, it has to be something from the artist that is completely themselves, unique. This kind of good isn't about a catchy tempo, but it can rely heavily on lyrics and the thoughts it puts through my head. Overall, it has to be a song that I can tell each band member has their heart into it. Many bands do have their heart in it, but it takes heart from everyone in the band for it to be a truly wonderful production of inspiration.

Then there's music I can be influenced by.. good ol' fast paced, catchy music with a few licks and tricks I can pick up. Usually heavy music for me, lol :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    A good song for me is the one that creates some sort of atmosphere, a song that creates a space, and has something original. I also really like songs that sound like something you'd hear from a garage band or something really "real", by real i mean , that it doesn't have many effects and it hasn't been heavily modified in a studio.

Back