• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What makes Linux so special?

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
    Totally agree with you on that.. The thing is the winbloz users don't want to take the plunge into Linux,because they have a mindset that it isn't like winbloz at all,and they say it sux just on that single reason. That makes no sense...and they could always use a live cd if they are so scared of formatting their hard drive.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I like Linux because it's stable, but realistically? I don't use it because there is so little program support for it. All the programs I use and love run on Windows, and besides I share a computer with my family, who wouldn't be able to use Linux *sigh*

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
    Well,you can use knoppix like we've been telling people for the last few weeks,this way you can boot to knoppix,play around with it,reboot without the cd and you have windows again.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    TSS_Killer said:
    Well,you can use knoppix like we've been telling people for the last few weeks,this way you can boot to knoppix,play around with it,reboot without the cd and you have windows again.
    Or you can use Topologilinux or Cooperative Linux which run on top of Windows. It's like VMware, but for Linux and free.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    They look interesting... now the only problem is my lack of resources. XD We have a 733MHz Celeron and about 400MB hard disk space free, and my dad refuses to upgrade :P

Back