• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What moves should i teach Wrath?

Poliwrath Lover

Misty is #1
Years
  • I got a lvl 47 Wrath/Poliwrath and i wanna know what moves i should teach it

It already knows:
    Dynamic Punch
    Body Slam
    Blizzard
    Return

Should i change my moves make it learn new moves plez give me some tips/advice pelz

BowtiePenguin

Proud; noble; penguins.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    I'd ditch Blizzard. It's too inaccurate. Ice Beam is a good replacement, though mine has Psychic, just for the heck of it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure you should get rid of one of those moves for Mind reader if your going to keep the move Dynamic Punch which only has a 50% chance of hitting which is horrible

:t354:TG

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I go with this on my Poliwrath:

Poliwrath@Mint Berry/Leftovers
    Curse/Belly Drum
    Rest
    Submission
    Earthquake

Damage of Submission over two turns: 170
    Damage of Mind Reader + Dynamic Punch: 100

So trade your Poliwrath to RGBY and teach it Submission. It'll do more Damage in the long run.

If you really can't trade it to any 1st Gen Games, use this:

Poliwrath@Leftovers
    DynamicPunch
    Mind Reader
    Earthquake
    Body Slam

Ground + Normal hits everything in GSC for Neutral except for Aerodactyl and Skarmory, who get hit for Neutral by DynamicPunch.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ok ill give it earthquake when i get to elite 4 and mind reader i beleive it learns it in the 50s

It learns Mind Reader at Level 51 to be exact.

Poliwrath has a very good type combination. It has many useful resistances, and a nice movepool to boot.

Unfortunately, it's well-rounded stats are both its strength and its downfall. It can be given a large variety of Movesets, but it doesn't excell in anything.

I use Poliwrath as one of my team of six on my Blue version. IMO, it's quite a good Pokemon. Have fun with yours, as I did with mine ^^

Back